Rally - "Aussie Swap" - Mon 14th & Tues 15th March 2011

One big battle between me an the Car,

SS 1 4 Head Rolls 4 CFH ( to nervous )
SS 2 after three Rolls engine dead retire
SS 3 hit a three after 1 km stick in first gear enjoying the landscape (still faster than SS 1 lol)
SS 4 no ofs an no rolls
SS 5 clean run
SS 6 a disaster
SS 7 an again disaster
SS 8 My best run clean an PB

So I am not ready for the WRC cars (two hands full )

Thanks guys for setting up, a good experience an thanks to a big group of drivers:good:

kind words from me too, you put in some great times there, Ole!

me, I side with whoever it was who said somewhere up the thread: WRC - not for me!

s01 hit a small tree (one of those ones) after all of 200m, oil blink blink, wather blink blink blink engine - poofh DNF after less than 1.5 km :(
s02 another two of the little suckers, first one cost me a splitter, second one I had to do a CFH but somehow brought the Subaru home
s03 first almost clean run, missed some spectators by what must have been inches, happy with 4:04
s04 for the first time I felt I was telling the Sub what to do and not the other way round, two small offs and one quadruple flip with all of 100m to go, lol.
s05 after the good last stage I felt an urge to push Baby push, I promise I will never feel that urge again in a WRC: one flip, one CFH, one longer trip through the undergrowth. saw the fastest two on this one were N4s, twisty stage really suited the small ones
s06 another truly stupid mistake after 400m saw me stuck in 2nd gear, pushed for all its worth to compensate and smashed 'er up for good halfway through the stage DNF
s07 what an awful lot of work that was, twisty and damp and the wrong way round, somehow I survived (sweated through) and even managed to beat my teammate Krister for the only time tonight; 7th overall, couldn't believe my eyes.
s08 a nice clean run that showed me: yes, if needs must be you can do this - but no: I'd rather stick to my docile Punto :) 11th

Overall I ended up 15th of 21 guys showing up, great rally, thx for putting this up, a very enjoyable night, good luck to all US and Oz players.

Hi Warren

Is it possible to have a session for today at 23h00 GMT??

If so Hugo Barbosa (Unhas) - EU

With S2000 - 2 Skoda Fabia S2000

Sorry Hugo, I've just woken up and found this. Do you mean Monday 2300 GMT? if so, it's a bit late and also we can't start one at that exact time because it seems to cause trouble with the midnight rollover of the Server in France.
I can set one up for you starting at 23.30 GMT Monday, or alternatively Tuesday.

edit: cannot install skin since it is an executable that points to a file which does not exist on a windows7 pc where rbr is installed directly onto c:

Eckhart, you can still use those skins, but you have to change the install path to your own RBR Folder. All of the Skins from Rallyesim use that exe and a default path, but if you point them to the correct folder, you can use the Skin Manager to make it easy to pop them in and out.

I've had a change of mind, need a change from Subaru, so I might take the little VW for a chug. Nobody is using it for the RDRC, so I'll see if I can find out why. :wink:

At least Senad's Race Engineers are relieved that they don't have to make more repairs to his car for Round 4. :tongue:

I was all set to race but....well the US(the states that do) is observing daylight savings time. The time went ahead one hour sunday morning and that means the rally club session for me begins at 00:15 instead of 23:15. Sorry but I have an early day tomorrow so I must miss this one.

See you next week if I can stay up late or maybe I'll try to jump in another session. Maybe us US guys can decide on a different start time for the future.

....well the US(the states that do) is observing daylight savings time. ........ Maybe us US guys can decide on a different start time for the future.

Yeah, Daylight Saving Time adjustments are going to cause a few problems with start times. It would be great if the USA guys could advise their preferences, but failing that, Corey, just nominate your preferred time and we will set up a Session to suit.

It was a crude rally to me with my crude driving setup... lol. The system ran well but in eastwest stage it disrupted & had to drive straight away thru a corner once.. a couple of dnf stages.. last stage was best of the lot.. no drama...

It was a rally to enjoy basically.. I should have not let my bro test the setup before night... i would have been better.

I found WRC not that hard to drive I expected, off course Simone was on each SS 1 minute faster in S2000. I just needed to treat throttle with respect and kept in my mind that WRC accelerates quicker than S2000 so it needs more breaking.

Unfortunately I had to quit the rally middle of SS4.

Great idea of having that type of change!

Eckhart, you can still use those skins, but you have to change the install path to your own RBR Folder. All of the Skins from Rallyesim use that exe and a default path, but if you point them to the correct folder, you can use the Skin Manager to make it easy to pop them in and out.

after what happened on s01 yesterday night you should be glad I didn't take yours :)

SS1: My engine died after a close encounter with a tree. :(
SS2: Hit a tree and 1 CFH.
SS3: Rolled once after I grazed a billboard.
SS4: Managed to spin
SS5: 1 CFH
SS6: Again 1 CFH
SS7: Finally!! Clean all the way. :)
Here is my chance to take over Senads position. I'm 1.24 min behind after he made a big mistake.
SS8: Clean stage for me but not enough to overtake Senad. I was 11 sec short.

Great rally guys, thanks and I'll be back!

Aaaaa, had the most epic crash ever, just before the Mineshaft jump, but forgot to save the reeeeplaaaay...

5th gear, that fast approach to the jump, hit the inside... kerb? The car was airborne for 5 seconds, several metres off the ground, spinning :D

Bizarrely, that didn't damage the car much. But the rough Mineshaft jump landing a few seconds after that killed the gearbox.

EDIT: East-West II, lost the gearbox AND the brakes :D. The car died 300 metres before the finish line :frown:

Only 4 of us in OC tonight, but the racing was a lot of fun.

Senad (WRC 07), Eddie (N14) and myself (S2000) were having a very tight tussle, in very different cars, and you could easily see the Stages, and even sectors, where each car had some strength.
Senad seemed to have the WRC car well under control for the first half, but must have had problems later. Eddie and I had a great scrap, always very close, but the finish was amazing. Eddie gained about 1.9 secs on the last Stage, to end up beating me by (wait for it) 0.03 secs overall. :tongue: Can't get much closer than that.
Well done Eddie. :cool:

I'm away for the rest of the week (leaving at the crack of dawn), so Senad is in charge of next weeks Rally. :party:

See you all when I return home. :ups:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years