Racer v0.8.32 released!

Ruud

RACER Developer
After a small break (where I broke nothing except 1 snowscooter), a new Racer.

Get it at http://www.racer.nl/download/racer0.8.32.zip

Changes:
- The Lambo differential ratio was a bit low (1.75) - reverted to 2.53.
- Differential could become unstable when the 2 wheels got opposite reaction forces.
- Removed obsolete wheel<n>.friction_road values from data/cars/default/car.ini.
- Replay audio (replay.wav) was empty when recorded.
- Multiplayer fixes (billboard nodes/car names)
- Smoke tweaks (soft particles, improved motion)
- Shadowmapping normal dependency improved for shadow acne reduction

I know what you mean, I rather prefer Cg tweaking things instead of creating maps variants...

Hmmmm...

Difficulty is you often atlas materials, so the control is via texture. That is where having PS open to the side of Racer and then just reload shaders in the console is handy... possibly with fast time 1000 or something... so you can see the response of the material through the day really quickly :D

Dave

You using the 0.8.32 version ? If yes, how did you set your racer.ini file ?

I completely tweaked it for best visuals & best perf on my surround config with no CSM...

I also tried reload gpushaders & reload track....none of them work as I'd expect...too bad !

Any of you seen OMSI - Der omnibussimulator? It's a great bus simulator (OT) but back on topic, it's got great AI system that seems to work well on community made content too. Could be worth a looksies?

First try with animated generics like the Baja suspension system...

It works great & I'm quite happy, still I'd say to normalize the original size of the object (suspension arm etc...) instead of doing a 1m rescale + 90° rotation. There's some 'logical' vertical distortion/stretching with non cylindrical objects (like the suspension arms of some F1 => form of a V)...

1 tip if you want to get it working without doing the same on the 4 sides, align your generic object to ALL 3 planes in 3D, so when you copy & paste one side & then negate just the x value in your car.ini file, you should be OK, from a symmetrical approach. :rolleyes:

It's a lot of transfer values going on, but the results are great ! It definitely feels like Dirt 2/F1 2010 visually talking.

Gotta throw my ideas....

What about a racer.ini dev variable which would make all racer files refresh/update X times of ms 'automatically' whenever a modification has occurred...thru a new C++ listener ?

That way, we wouldn't need to do anything like the reload 'scripts/gpushaders' & for sure, it would 'tremendously' boost our debugging process...Imagine for shader/materials, it'd update instantly...like I said whenever an ini/crv/cg value is modded.

I hope you feel me...:confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back