RaceDepartment Racing Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I know, I should have done something here. For a number of reasons I will delay Brazil by a week. I've gotten a bit of a cold and now the AOR evaluation races are starting too so I couldn't sort this out yet.

Brazillian Grand Prix Preparation
1024px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png

93897055.png

Laps: 72
Lap distance: 4.292 km (2.667 mi)
Race distance: 309.024 km (192.019 mi)

Temperature: 27°C (80.6°F)
FP1: Dry
FP2: Dry
FP3: Light rain in first 15 minutes
Quali: Dry
Race: Light rain at the start, to end between laps 47-53. (it will take it a further 3-5 laps for the track to dry out)

Strategy:
upload_2016-9-26_11-20-7.png

And now, we get to the refurbished bit.
Staff Sorting
I've added a couple of presets here too to make things easier:
upload_2016-9-26_12-3-20.png

You can still customise if you want, but for those who are too lazy, there is an option too now. Keep in mind that the values in "money" give you money, but also depend on the number of staff you have. In this example, I used the money you'd get from 100 staff members.

Testing
Again, I've added some presets here:
upload_2016-9-26_12-3-2.png

which also says that the maximum tokens available are 1200 (75%=900). Again, this is an option for those who are lazy. The "money" field means how much you pay for the tokens.

Keep in mind that if you did aero development before, you do not have to choose a sub-path until your current aero part is completed. I'm doing this behind the scenes.

Illegal parts, Driver Training
No changes here.

This post is an add-on to the post on page 8, when you first did the preparations, I'm only doing the changes here. Make sure to read that post if you haven't. As usual, all orders are done in your team conversation.

Also, to add, you can now select between engine and gearbox units. A unit more worn will be slower (especially at power heavy circuits), and may not finish the race. Current wear of these units is in the first post.

Another new thing is favourite track, where each team manager may choose one track at which they will get a moderate speed boost.

Budgets have been updated too, with a new section called "Race-By-Race Budget". This is the budget you would be allowed to spend per race if you put all staff to "performance" (or went with the "all in" staff preset) and bought no testing tokens, so that by season end, you would end up with $0 (you can of course, optionally, save more, for next season, but you don't have to as you get end-season rewards).

Another section has been added to the rules called Mid-season entries. 2.9 in long regulations, and 1.5 in short.

There were also several changes to game performance. One that will be most important is the Brake failure, as after many complaints I have made the cars stop sooner when having this type of failure.

The deadline will be friday 8:00 CEST. Stream should then be on saturday, after F1 quali (should be 12:00 CEST, but if it's delayed, then quali is still on :p).

Last edited:
Oh, also I forgot to say I will stick to the two-stream format we tried in the last race, where I will stream GP2 on saturday, and F1 on sunday. So expect only GP2 tomorrow.
@oorjit07 is the only person not to make the deadline this time, second inactivity warning that is. If he doesn't show up in the next race he will be out.

Sorry about the delay guys, had some problems with the track, but it's sorted now!

SCHUMACHER TAKES FIRST GP2 POLE
After winning the previous race, Schumacher clearly set his mind on the GP2 championship this season. Alonside him is Yuji Ide, with Salo, whos team's future on the grid is not certain, in 3rd. Baumgartner put the second Mars on the second row in 4th, while previous pole sitter Marques is in 5th. Vettel, of course, is not racing here due to his F1 duties this weekend.
Capturee.JPG

Podium tips: Schumacher, Ide, Marques

• Deleted member 161052

Wasn't a good day for Roberto. Massa's done it well for us.

SALO GIVES FORCE MAHINDRIA FIRST WIN
Capturee.JPG

Hulkenberg got close in Australia, but ultimately faltered after manager Oorjit appeared to be absent and didn't manage his strategy at all. Luckily, there was no strategy involved in this GP2 race, and it played well into the hands of Mika Salo, who took the lead from Michael Schumacher and Yuji Ide, and then defended it. The trio however was cut by one man after Ide's brakes failed on the final lap of the race, giving the podium to Sigman young driver, Wurz.
The race started off with Ide taking the lead by the first corner, but Michael was quick to take it back. Prost had a sluggish getaway after nearly stalling the engine, losing touch with the pack early on. That aside, the positions remained very much unchanged from qualifying. Salo, apart from winning, also got fastest lap.

@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham (as Schumacher): It was all looking good in qualifying, but the second win slipped in the race. Is this going to affect your approach to future races?
(as Alonso): Your races don't seem to be going to plan, and with the stiff competition in Mars GP's YDP, are you worried about your future?
@Manolis Sigoulakis (as Wurz): After a disappointing showing in Australia, did you expect to be on the podium?

@Manolis Sigoulakis (as Wurz): After a disappointing showing in Australia, did you expect to be on the podium?
My worry was mostly the reliabilty. I knew my car was good and the mechanics worked hard, so the pace would be there for sure. Before the race I was feeling confident, but not so much when I realised that I had to hold Tarso and Zsolt behind my for the biggest part of the race. But in the end I made it and I am very happy I did.

FP1
Capturee4.JPG

FP2
Capturee2.JPG

FP3
Capturee.JPG

Aside from the obvious change you can see with the gap to leader added, I've done something else to the graphics which you will be able to see in the race tomorrow (which probably won't happen right after the GP)

QUALIFYING REPORT:

Q1:
Q1 saw an interesting session, with both Barrichello and Ricciardo suprisingly unable to beat the required Q2 time, with the latter falling just 43 thousands of a second short, while Panis was even closer, being just 11 thousands of a second short. Which meant Mansell, suprisingly, had to scrape through into the next qualifying session.
Capturee.JPG

Capturee1.JPG

Q2:
The second phase of qualifying brought yet more suprises, as both Sony Racing cars got knocked out despite Merc OP! Another suprise was Karthikeyan making it into Q3 for the second race in succession, and not letting Raikonnen dominate him completely. This came at the expence of Jenson Button, who had to settle for 11th spot, but still a considerable improvement over Australia. As a result, both Ciders, Jawzs and Falcons make it into the final qualifying session.
Capturee2.JPG

Capturee3.JPG

Q3:
Now for this one, I will do 2 parts. Since the drivers do 2 laps anyway.
In the first runs, Rosberg already set his sights on top spot, being well ahead of the nearest rivals. Vettel suprised everyone with a provisional P3 time, while Vandoorne had a poor lap. Hulkenberg was also unable to show his pace from Free Practice.
Capturee4.JPG

The second runs see improvements from Heidfeld and Vandoorne, however Rosberg's run in the first stint was enough to grab the Finnish driver pole position by just over 2 tenths of a second. Heidfeld gets DTK's first front row, while Vettel will also be happy to have beaten his more experienced teammate. Vandoorne on the other hand could have hoped for better in these hotter conditions.
Capturee5.JPG

Podium tips: S. Vandoorne, N. Heidfeld, D. Ricciardo

• Deleted member 161052

Wasn't a great qualifying for us. Despite a decent position in Q1 it turned into an elimination in Q2 for Jos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back