Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1
upload_2016-9-17_1-2-48.png

upload_2016-9-17_1-3-1.png

Q2

upload_2016-9-17_1-8-22.png

upload_2016-9-17_1-8-42.png

Rubens had a gearbox problem, and as such will be moved 5 places down the grid (17th->22nd)

Q3

Raikonnen storms to pole Down Under
upload_2016-9-17_1-12-29.png

(Wehrlein had a gearbox problem this time, and will be moved 5 places down the grid also (10th->15th))

Kimi Raikonnen made the most of his Cider GP package and dominantly put it on pole, being ahead in all practice and qualifying sessions, and is looking like the favourite to win. Alongside is Stoffel Vandoorne, who didn't seem to have the pole pace this time out. Rosberg starts 3rd for Falcon, while Sony Mercedes can be very pleased with a 4-5, Schumacher ahead of Mansell. Heidfeld couldn't manage more than 6th while Winkelhock got a suprising 7th for Mars GP, along with Karthikeyan's 8th place. Problems down the field though, Jawz GP was nowhere today and Wehrlein ended up getting a penalty for a gearbox change, same with Barrichello who was looking forward to a good grid position, just to have it taken away.

Podium tips: Vandoorne, Raikonnen, Mansell

@Jimlaad43 McNish did a 1:30.654, putting him between the two MMS cars (in FP1)

The GP2 race will happen tomorrow.[/quote]

Last edited:
Press Release- Mars GP

"Vandoorne, front row start for the first race of the season, what were your thoughts on the session and how are you feeling about the race tomorrow?"

"Yeah, fairly happy with my qualifying performance. Car felt pretty good but we couldn't get close enough to Raikkonen in the end, but the front row is still good result. Yeah, feeling good about the race tomorrow. Hopefully we will have a better strategy than in preseason. I think we definitely have the pace to challenge Raikkonen.

"Markus, your performance today was one of the biggest shocks of the session, how does it feel to make Q3 and what are the chances of points tomorrow?"

"It was a fantastic result, I felt I extracted the most from the car today which felt very good, have to thank the boys at the factory for doing a brilliant job on making a good car which is competitive with Ford power. Points are possible. The car is good enough and I'm in a prime position starting 7th, so it's looking good at the moment. The main challenge will be dealing with the threat from Ricciardo and possibly Wehrlein from behind, but I think we stand a chance"

"Michael, not a bad performance in GP2 qualifying, beating Zsolt by 0.001. Can you improve on your grid position tomorrow?"

"It was close between and Zsolt, but it was nice to beat a fairly experienced driver. I think there's the potential to maybe get a podium tomorrow, we'll see how the car performs in race trim"

"Zsolt, a good session for you as well, what's your aim for the upcoming season?"

"To bring the fight to the younger drivers in the team in order to attempt to secure a full time seat next season. I definitely feel good in the car at the moment, and we have a good gap to some cars behind us, so hopefully we will have a good weekend"

"Nando, disappointing start to your weekend, especially as you were outpaced by Zsolt and Michael before the transmission failure, can you fight back during the race?"

"I felt there was some time on the table, so yeah, hopefully I can improve tomorrow and fight my teammates. It'll be tough with equal machinery and GP2 engine, but we'll see what we can manage"

"Andy, a very good start to the weekend for your team across F1 and GP2, what are your goals for the upcoming races and season?"

"Very strong performance from our drivers so far this weekend. Stoffel did a great job as always, but Markus really shone on track today. He's been putting a lot of hours on the simulator to try and get the best result possible and it paid off for him. In GP2, we're in a fairly good position. Shame about Nando's transmission problems but the team are hard at work fixing the problem. I think podiums in both the F1 and GP2 races should be possible, and we're hoping to get Vandoorne to victory. If Markus get's points as well that would be an awesome result. As for the season, hoping to fight for the constructors title, but I would be happy if we finished top 3, and I'm sure Vandoorne will be aiming for wins and even the championship"

DTK Racing press release
After many unsatisfactory trousers were produced, we have had to release our Corby Trouser Press from our services.

• Deleted member 161052

Nitro GP - Qualifying Comments
Olivier's performance was not so good at every single session. He didn't do our team's expectations.
Jos' performance was really average. He can deliver something better for us at the race.

Damn, I'm still having issues with the rain.. I'll delay the stream to tomorrow, before the F1 race again, at 12:30 and see where it went wrong.
In the meantime, I'll post GP2 results, since that is dry.
Sorry for the inconvinience guys :unsure:

I know it may not be the real deal, but hopefully I was able to entertain you guys nonetheless. It was a pretty good race, if you didn't see it there will be a video, and results after F1 quali :thumbsup:

Schumacher takes early celebrations for Mars GP
Captur.JPG

FL: Tarso Marques

Starting only 6th on the grid, very few people thought Michael would make it, especially after Marques' dominant performance in qualifying. However, it all changed in the race...
The German got off to a great start to get up to second early on, however was initially losing time to Marques as the Brazillian was controlling the race. However, this did not last long, as Schumacher, battling with Inoue for second, was able to catch and pass Marques with 2 laps to go. Inoue tried all he could to get past Michael but it just wasn't enough. Down the grid, Baumgartner and Vettel were unlucky to retire from 7th and 8th repsectively (and simultaneously!), with just 2 laps to go.

Podium interviews:
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham (as Schumacher): Amazing drive from 6th on the grid, did you expect to catch Marques so fast?
@Decenten (as Inoue): Are you satisfied with second or are you targetting the win next time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%