RaceDepartment Racing Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Decenten (as Inoue): Are you satisfied with second or are you targetting the win next time?
Yeah was a good result I guess for a rookie to be so close to Schumacher is pretty astounding. Expect more to come in the season as new team and new driver begin to develop a good relationship. We expect to be top 3 at the end of the year and this is what is expected of Inoue. Lets hope Ricciardo can make that happen in tomorrow's race as well.

OMG, Rossi and Karthikeyan have swapped places a hundred times
I know right! They had equal pace, and neither could really pull away, and capitalising from each others' mistakes.
Btw, I've tried x3.5 speed in the first dry half and then when people retired and the race calmed down a bit I tried x5 speed, if it was too fast let me know. I can go up to x7-x9 speed too if it was too slow :p But it will affect FPS

• Deleted member 161052

Nitro GP - Race Report: Australian Grand Prix
Didn't expect a poorly average qualifying turn into a Top 10 finish for us in the race. Very well done by both our drivers. :thumbsup:

ROSBERG NAILS STRATEGY FOR WIN DOWN UNDER
Capturee.JPG

(yes, the pitstop counter is broken)
In a race exciting from the start, Raikonnen got the best start and managed to hold his lead, and pulled away massively from the scrap behind him. Notably, the two Sony Racing cars were going very well, as well as Hulkenberg, while Vandoorne started to drop back, with the pit wall being concerned about a potential problem for him. Then, Schumacher dropped out, while Raikonnen, Mansell, and Hulkenberg all pitted (the latter two due to a default strategy), just before the rain started falling down, giving the lead to the Rosberg-Vandoorne battle. In the dampening conditions, Alesi had a big shunt (for which he will miss the next race to recover), while Barrichello and Verstappen collided at turn 6. Raikonnen then dropped his certain podium position with an electrical failure, while Vandoorne lost his brakes. This gave Rosberg an easy run to the victory, with Hulkenberg finishing less than a pitstop behind (hinting to the miss strategy deadline and default strategy :p ), while Karthikeyan held off Rossi in a rain-long battle for the final podium spot. Still, Grip Racing can't be unhappy, as the only team to bring 2 cars home in the points. Mansell also missed the opportunity to fight for 3rd with his early pitstop (again hinting at the default strategy :p ), so had to settle for 2 times less points instead in 5th.

Podium interviews:
@Márk Lintner (as Rosberg): Amazing drive, how big of an influence did the strategy and the retirements of Raikonnen and Vandoorne have to do in that?
@oorjit07 (as Hulkenberg): Are you disappointed the team seemed to not care about your strategy for this race, costing you a chance for victory? (I know I'm cruel, you'll be hearing a lot more nose-rubbing for that :p)
@Vimal Ana (as Karthikeyan): Did you enjoy the battle with Rossi, and is the podium a good reward for it?

Paddock interviews:
@Millsy24 (as Rubens) @Decenten (as Max): Any hard feelings after that collision?
@Timmieturner12 (as Alesi): That looked like a big accident, how did it look from the cockpit?
(as Vettel): Seems like you'll be debuting in the next round, what are your expectations?
@Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham (as Winkelhock): With Michael winning in GP2, and Stoffel nearly winning this race, is there any pressure for you to perform better?

as Karthikeyan: wohoooo podium is good

as Kimi: carbrokedown.

as Team: Really unfortunate for Kimi there. Dominant weekend all round but we let him down during the race. At least Karthikeyan pulled a surprise podium!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back