RaceDepartment Awards 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's made my mind up. along with the previous hints from aliens I have chatted to this poll has convinced me. I will have GSC on my PC within the next 10 minutes.

Hmm, 10 minutes was a large understatement. Resizing my C: drive partitions; Registry cleanups, defraging and then mirroring my system drive took a while. The download is now 0.6GB of 1.8 with 24 minutes remaining so,that 10 minutes is more like 155 minutes.

Ray, don't forget to go and download the free dlc from the GSC forum. Additional tracks, Formula Reiza, Formula Classic, and Formula 3 .... :)

Manuel: Sure, but this year he wasn't as dominant as previous years I reckon, and WRC is barely that competitive anymore compared to his first few titles...

Hampus: Barely an old car, sure it's not brand new but it's pretty much the same thing anyway, nothing to make it uncompetitive...

I bought F1 2011 and was so disappointed I ditched it after a couple of days. So many flaws. Not sure if they fixed it but in time trial mode, there were people 30 seconds or more faster than anyone else - in one lap. Got to be IRacng for me.

Not many have won races in older cars if I recall right, only Jamie Green is the Master of it, he's won about 2 Norisring races with an old car?

Let alone win the championship, Tomczyk is the first to do so.

Voted for Huis. What he did in the Nvidia Grand Prix series against the best in the world was more then enough for me to realise that this guy is an extremely good driver.

And of course i subscribed to the Rfactor F1 races, loved the commentary.

F1 2011 is good game. I'm enjoying races really and bugs are not so huge. Month before I would vote for this game, but...

3 weeks ago I bought Game Stock Car. I thought "Oh yeah, I'm still gonna play F1 2011 in 90% of my game time, but let's buy Game Stock Car for filling those 10%". and guess what? Now I'm playing almost every time GSC. F1 gone to the 2nd line... And that's not because F1 is so crappy, just because GSC is great. Looks like rFactor, but it's not like rFactor. GSC is the best compromise between realism and fun.

It's not a compromise between realism and fun, that's semi-arcade...

GSC is a full simulation, but what you have seem to discover is that realism = fun :p
Oh, wait, I didn't mean that GSC is semi-arcade. I meant that in my opinion before GSC realism ISN'T fun. I was always doing only some test laps in rFactor, and then back to F1 2010/11 or to Dirt, because I was enjoying them more. But GSC is different. 100% of real sim and still really funny to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes