RaceDepartment Awards 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I picked a great year to get into rfactor .

F1SR, V8Factor, Endurance Series and DRM all blew me away, amazing quality throughout but for pure petrolhead fun factor my vote goes to DRM.

Looks like the arcade-like bugfest is gonna win. Ah well, if you have fun...

If Codies doesn't start taking things seriously, they'll pull a 2nd Sony and just milk the license to death again.

Ryan, why do you include mods released over two years ago in a vote called "Mod car of the year 2011", and to include some mods that have been selected before and not others?, just wondered where you figured this out.

Happy Christmas RD.

None of the mods above are from any other year than 2011 (aside from Enduracers which was released very late in 2010, just after last year's awards). Nothing to do with matchmaker or whatever.

What may be muddying the situation is that a mod which has seen significant changes in the past year is re-eligible for nomination. Endurance Series is of course over two years old now; but such a significant change (SP1) makes it eligible for the award again.

Other examples of this are F171 & the M1 Procar. Also remember some mods have only just come out in the last year for different platforms to their original, like LMT DTM for example.

Stoner for me...

New bike & team with 3 other riders on the same equipment and he schools the entire field with the exception of the aways excellent Lorenzo (plusSpies for his maiden win).

I voted Game Stock Car, since its the Best sim this year, according ti physics and FFB feel.
I dont like arcade games, and thats the only think F1 2011 are. It is nowhere like the Real Deal, but I understand why so many F1 addicted buys the game. Its only because its licensed, have the right Tracks, cars and drivers, and to a lot of GAMERS that means more than the feel.
On the uppersit hand we have the DRIVERS, which prefure the real feel over licensed cars and drivers :)

That's made my mind up. along with the previous hints from aliens I have chatted to this poll has convinced me. I will have GSC on my PC within the next 10 minutes.

Hmm, 10 minutes was a large understatement. Resizing my C: drive partitions; Registry cleanups, defraging and then mirroring my system drive took a while. The download is now 0.6GB of 1.8 with 24 minutes remaining so,that 10 minutes is more like 155 minutes.

I voted Game Stock Car, since its the Best sim this year, according ti physics and FFB feel.
I dont like arcade games, and thats the only think F1 2011 are. It is nowhere like the Real Deal, but I understand why so many F1 addicted buys the game. Its only because its licensed, have the right Tracks, cars and drivers, and to a lot of GAMERS that means more than the feel.
On the uppersit hand we have the DRIVERS, which prefure the real feel over licensed cars and drivers :)

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play