RaceDepartment Awards 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played almost every racing (semi-sim and full-sim) game released in the last 10 years, and I have o admit, GSC (DLC Included) is truly and definitely the best sim racing ever made! It simply destroyes with one shoot any other racing game available on the market for me. Nothing is close to it and never was.

IRacing without a doubt. I cant go back to other sims anymore because of it.
It has it flaws but every game has that and the good things in the game is for far ahead of the competition it's not even funny.

The best thing is that it's always in development meaning the game has no roof.
I'd rather pay for iRacing then buying 54 Rfactor titles, 23 Simbin games or some indie titles.

i did buy Ferrari VA and NKPro but it only has the tire model going for it.

Good to see Bono getting some support over here.

Found this interesting article over at insidesimracing, which gives a list of who they consider the top 50 simracers in the world.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=4424

InsideSimRacing are very biased towards iRacing, nearly their whole weekly YouTube shows involve content about iRacing + there is advertisements about iRacing during the show. They don't care much about other games meaning only the major leagues from other games (such as FSR for rFactor or ARL for F1 2011) are known by InsideSimRacing, so their list isn't a very good representation. And even when they have user based polls and decisions, they still have an influence on it so that "Top 50 Sim Racers" isn't a good representation.

Just my opinion.

InsideSimRacing are very biased towards iRacing, nearly their whole weekly YouTube shows involve content about iRacing + there is advertisements about iRacing during the show. They don't care much about other games meaning only the major leagues from other games (such as FSR for rFactor or ARL for F1 2011) are known by InsideSimRacing, so their list isn't a very good representation. And even when they have user based polls and decisions, they still have an influence on it so that "Top 50 Sim Racers" isn't a good representation.

Just my opinion.

It is also true that most of the famous aliens went to race @ iRacing... probably the TOP 30 from iRacing + TOP 20 from the rest of pro leagues would be more accurate :)

Yeah, sad truth of the matter is that iRacing is king, Bradley. Most of the top drivers are already over there because it gets the most media coverage. Sure, there are top drivers that don't play iRacing, but that number is getting smaller and smaller. Thing is, I do think that changes in 2012 with all the new games coming out, but for the time being it is what it is.

Wow have no idea why I'm there :') Quite Honored that I'm up there against people like Huis who are just Legends. I know I'm no where near as fast as them but just to be up there is amazing! :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back