RACE On announced

raceon_logo1.gif

The next scheduled release, RACE On will target all PC owners with a bit of petrol in their blood and comes with a very strong selection of new challenging content including the tracks and cars from WTCC season 2008 which turned out to be the best and most competitive championship ever. SimBin has recreated the epic 2008 season down to the smallest detail and now YOU get the chance to show the world who the real champion is. Jump in the car of your favorite racing driver and compete with the best through 12 unique tracks located around the globe including Okayama.

Race On also marks a new focus from SimBin with the inclusion of iconic Detroit Muscle cars suited for those who like to lay down lots of rubber power sliding out of corners on the rev limiter. Enough torque to drag the moon off orbit, full opposite lock and a big grin on your face.

To finish the new lineup SimBin brings you Formula Masters, a top of the line open wheel series, offering you even more speed and action than ever before. Extreme cornering speeds and simulated g-forces make this a true driver’s car.

But RACE On is not just new cars, it also features brand new American tracks in SimBin quality and it comes with a hefty update of existing tracks to 2008 standard. With RACE ON comes 5 brand new tracks all recreated down to minute detail.

As a bonus the game also includes the complete “STCC The Game” (The Swedish Touring Car Championship) which has previously only been released in retail stores in the Nordic territory and Russia. The tight and technical Scandinavian circuits and the wide variety of touring cars running in the series have already created a large following so SimBin is happy to be able to offer this package to the rest of the world including 7 Nordic tracks and 6 unique car models.

About RACE On
RACE On includes the following new content:

* 16 unique car models in 8 classes with over 140 variations.
* 12 tracks of which several never has been released by SimBin on PC.

RACE On will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content and an expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.

All in all this makes up for:

* 39 unique car models in 17 classes with over 450 variations.
* 30 tracks and 17 alternate layouts, in total 47 tracks.

For current owners of GTR Evolution RACE On is designed to merge and fully integrate with the existing GTR Evolution. RACE On is scheduled for release in Q2 2009

Source: http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

Bring on them Lada's lmao.

http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

• Bryan Porter

Nice theory :) So because you guys like to drive straight nascar like races all stuff is cheaper:
- cars
- food
- electronics
- houses
- games
- software
- hardware
- etc

I want to become a NASCAR fan too, then my life would be much cheaper

Sorry for the little rant :focus:

Sorry, that's not the way it works. It's supply and demand. I believe if it were a NASCAR sim then you would be paying a third of what the Americans would. At least that's the way I perceive it.

Kimber It's American. Not Amarican LOL. I live in South Florida where there are probably more ethnic groups than anywhere on the globe. I've yet to see it spelled that way. Then again, as my post said. There are many that have a better grasp on the language than I. I'm not so sure you one of them though. LOL...........I love Cali. What part are you from?

I think Americans are greatly being ripped off their money that they put in Nascar, but it's not easy for anyone to get worked up on something new and start caring about it. They'd probably need a Michael Phelps of Formula 1.

I would like to see SIMBIN improve and streamline the way the lobby works, they gave us the ability to see car classes in there during the last update - what about other players names in the server, or remaining qual/practice time??

I know its possible to do and I think SIMBIN could vastly improve the user friendliness of the lobby and to a certain extend the menu system as a whole. I accept that once you 'get' it its easy - but I think the way things are done now could be improved - the menu and lobby needs to be more intuitive that 'tecky' - as I think that can only help build their fan base..

In case yor wondering where I am coming from look at this http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=149 - SIMBIN should have enough experience and the ability to release a game where the user is 'carried through' the game more - and they should certainly not have to produce such a basic guide in place of that. Bear in mind too that this was relating to RACE Pro, a console game where games can live or die on the back of a noob friendly user interface...

1) A "favourites" list in the server directory.
2) Have a small chat screen in all tags whilst in garage. So you can check the timing as well as chat. Now a person must keep going back and forth.
3) Somebody has mentioned it before: But seriously something must be done about pit guys or something. That little arrow does nothing and i usually miss the thing. The area is a bit to small and having people stand there would make pitting alot easier.

• Mikkow

maybe not. It states that the WTCC will be 08 season, but doe not state that IFM is 2008, and as its a new license I figure they will probably go for the most up to date so that it will be more beneficial to the IMF series.

Who knows. It does seem pretty weak if all it offers is the one car + liveries/driver names.

I do like Spa(m), and Hungaroring seems interesting. At the same time I wouldn't mind some quality american tracks instead either. Doesn't matter to me which one it is.

And yes, I was off with my hungaroring addition, mixed the 08 and 09 season together. Either we'll get Hungaro + Spa, or neither.

I would love the Hungaroring! Let's hope they bring it!:)
About american tracks, I like Road America and Laguna Seca, I only hope they'll bring some great tracks like these!
IFM is interesting for me, but the main reason I'll buy this game is WTCC08, and the Muscle cars:)

• daRock

It's advertised to include more US content, so lets have some of the tracks that are important US tracks:

Mid-Ohio (SCCA runoffs)
Heartland Park (SCCA runoffs)
Road Atlanta (SCCA runoffs)
V.I.R.
Limerock Park
etc

I would like to see SIMBIN improve and streamline the way the lobby works, they gave us the ability to see car classes in there during the last update - what about other players names in the server, or remaining qual/practice time??

The remaining session time would be ace. even something simple like a flag that tells you there is less thatn 1min or 5min remaining.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.