RACE On announced

raceon_logo1.gif

The next scheduled release, RACE On will target all PC owners with a bit of petrol in their blood and comes with a very strong selection of new challenging content including the tracks and cars from WTCC season 2008 which turned out to be the best and most competitive championship ever. SimBin has recreated the epic 2008 season down to the smallest detail and now YOU get the chance to show the world who the real champion is. Jump in the car of your favorite racing driver and compete with the best through 12 unique tracks located around the globe including Okayama.

Race On also marks a new focus from SimBin with the inclusion of iconic Detroit Muscle cars suited for those who like to lay down lots of rubber power sliding out of corners on the rev limiter. Enough torque to drag the moon off orbit, full opposite lock and a big grin on your face.

To finish the new lineup SimBin brings you Formula Masters, a top of the line open wheel series, offering you even more speed and action than ever before. Extreme cornering speeds and simulated g-forces make this a true driver’s car.

But RACE On is not just new cars, it also features brand new American tracks in SimBin quality and it comes with a hefty update of existing tracks to 2008 standard. With RACE ON comes 5 brand new tracks all recreated down to minute detail.

As a bonus the game also includes the complete “STCC The Game” (The Swedish Touring Car Championship) which has previously only been released in retail stores in the Nordic territory and Russia. The tight and technical Scandinavian circuits and the wide variety of touring cars running in the series have already created a large following so SimBin is happy to be able to offer this package to the rest of the world including 7 Nordic tracks and 6 unique car models.

About RACE On
RACE On includes the following new content:

* 16 unique car models in 8 classes with over 140 variations.
* 12 tracks of which several never has been released by SimBin on PC.

RACE On will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content and an expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.

All in all this makes up for:

* 39 unique car models in 17 classes with over 450 variations.
* 30 tracks and 17 alternate layouts, in total 47 tracks.

For current owners of GTR Evolution RACE On is designed to merge and fully integrate with the existing GTR Evolution. RACE On is scheduled for release in Q2 2009

Source: http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

Bring on them Lada's lmao.

http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

So confirmation the Volvo C30 is in there, and I spotted Aoki's BMW in there as well - hopefully a sign we'll get pretty much all the cars that raced in 2008. No sign of a Lada yet though.

Is it me - or should the Repsol signs on the SEAT back bumpers be on a white background rather than yellow?

Nice display of your Photoshop skills there Simbin, pity the game will still look dated...
Pics look cool but there is little point in those photoshop effects except to fool new customers.
And yet again it seems we don't get all the cars that were in that year. I see the Seat TDI, but isn't there suppose to be a Lada?

Anyway gotta say the WTCC side of the addon doesn't interest me much. I am interested in the other new content.
Doesn't look like this expansion has much to offer in my opinion, but if it's cheap like the Evo expansion then it's ok I guess.
I wonder if the expansion version contains STCC or if that's only the full game version? Hopefully both.

I would have said they are using them as promotional imagery - like film posters and such - they don't always look like the finished product.

Actually the screenshots did always look like the finished game in previous expansions. Why suddenly change that?

That Volvo in the rain for instance looks incredible! Would be awesome if it would look the same in the game.

I wonder if the expansion version contains STCC or if that's only the full game version? Hopefully both.

If it is in the expansion i hope that the current owners of STCC will get a big discount, if not ill insta-move to the deserts of Senegal out of embarrassment, to hide for all those people that bought STCC to compete in our RDTCC league and probably want to lynch me and Yoeri, lol!

If it is in the expansion i hope that the current owners of STCC will get a big discount, if not ill insta-move to the deserts of Senegal out of embarrassment, to hide for all those people that bought STCC to compete in our RDTCC league and probably want to lynch me and Yoeri, lol!

I hope this too. I just want an option where I can buy just the Race On content. But.... if its around £20 boxed than Ill get that. Stupid I no but I prefer having a boxed version. Was unsure about buying STCC off steam. so old fashioned hey :messed:

• Mikkow

So now we are using the word artwork instead of screenshot to legitimate produce photoshopped screenshots and pretend that the game looks like that? :(
Assuming it's supposed to be very slick looking promo material; what's the option? I can only think of 2D paintings, 3d renders, real world racing images or touched up in-game images. Calling it "artwork" makes sure there's no misunderstandings.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I do think it looks a lot like the Lizard engine with those reflections, high dynamic range and sun/shadows, which makes me dream of a future upgrade pack called "Race '10" or whatever that upgrades all tracks, physics, cars and renderer to Lizard or better, allowing us to keep all our great content.

The Okayama track itself is looking neat, like usual. I tried a free homemade version of the track last year but it looked really terrible and unfinished. It'll be fun trying all the updated tracks and new tracks, with proper AI pathing and all.

I wish the PR guys would be kind enough to let us know exactly which cars and tracks will be in the game, and which season of the International Formula Master it is (since 08 offers no new tracks we don't already have, but 09 does, and will allow you to play/follow the real race weekends with your copy of Race 07).

I wonder how that IFM car sounds like and drives. The car itself has a HP rating about in between the Formula BMW and F3000 car (much more than a F3 car as well). It weighs the same as the Formula BMW and F3 car (560kg), which is considerably less than the F3000 (625kg), 40kg less than an F1 car (600kg) and 280(!)kg lighter than a SuperLeague Formula car (840kg). The wheelbase is short, 30cm shorter than those bigger evil high powered cars, including the F3000, and about the same as the F3 and Formula BMW. The tire width is the same as F3, F2, Formula BMW, Formula Renault 3.5. It laps Estoril 2½ seconds faster than an F3 car.

The power to weight ratio is also just between the FBMW and the F3000. The short wheelbase, very light weight, yet much higher power than other cars it's size should make it interesting. Hmm, it appears the closest car to it's performance should be the Formula Atlantic car. Similar everything except a bit more weight and power in the Atlantic car.

Actually the screenshots did always look like the finished game in previous expansions. Why suddenly change that?

That Volvo in the rain for instance looks incredible! Would be awesome if it would look the same in the game.

Maybe you are right Bram, could be something hidden from us in those pictures. Not sure about everyone else, but i would prefer to see some proper screenshots rather than these, that would get me more interested in Race On :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 402 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 254 43.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 272 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.8%
Back