Race Department Forum Racing Season 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utzer wins, Ferrari Constructors' champion
16-2.png

In another thrilling finish Ben Utzer has won his first race this season, yet the late efforts of OMR were not enough to claim the Constructors' championship. Although Engberink finished on the podium as well, the 2nd place of Xen Foro combined with the 3 extra points for pole were enough to win Ferrari their first title since season 18, and only their second overall. It was a close call in the end though. Foro had started from pole, but both OMRs were right on his tail, as well as Sigoulakis in the opening laps. Some fast pitstops changed the order, as Foro had dropped behind Engberink and Utzer. This would have secured the title for OMR. Utzer and Engberink swapped places later on, with Foro always staying close. He made the decisive move in the final lap on Brabham straight, getting past Engberink in second and winning the title for Ferrari.
Keranen finished 4rd, which was enough to hold on to 3rd in the standings. HRT drivers Laad and Harvey crossed the line right after. Harvey received a penalty for speeding in the pitlane, but kept his 6th place as the gap to Ancevski was big enough. Rautavaara finished 8th, ahead of the second McLaren of Rinneaho. Sigoulakis took 10th in the end, a long first stint cost him badly. Wolf finished 11th, after passing Said in the closing stages of the race. Saidy crossed the line in 13th, Mobil 1 drivers Dovizioso and Black took 14th and 15th.
The race had 4 retirements, Herbert and Costello crashed at the start, Ishikawa hit the wall in turn 13. Graham carried a bit too much speed into the pit entry and hit the barriers, similar to Coulthard in '95.

Keranen secured 3rd in the drivers' championship by finishing ahead of Ancevski. Utzer's win put him in the top 10.
Ferrari won the constructors' title by only 2 points, although being a one-man team since the Austrian GP. Utzer regained his form a bit too late, which meant OMR had to settle for 2nd. McLaren's good results in the last few races secured them 3rd, Manor took 4th despite their poor start to the season.

16-1.PNG

RDFIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Your team just missed out on the title, still does the win give hopes for next year?
@XenForo: Your thoughts when both OMRs were suddenly ahead of you after the stop?
@Tim: You seemed to have it in the bag, did Xen's attack on the last lap come rather surprisingly?​

Last edited:
@Tim: You seemed to have it in the bag, did Xen's attack on the last lap came rather surprisingly?
I think it's come

anyway, if it wasn't for the sudden podium streak where I also won a race in the process, I would've rated this season a failure. Looking forward to the new alliance with Mars-Tech though.

do we need a car painted Andy?

Delighted with S24! Very stable season, equal most top 10 appearances, lovely stat :D

Announcement for S25. Grip Racing will stay with Sigoulakis and Said. But because of poor economics, the drivers will have the same car, without any upgrades.

Utzer wins, Ferrari Constructors' champion

RDFIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Your team just missed out on the title, still does the win give hopes for next year?​
First of all, congratulations to Ferrari and @XenForo ! Both of them deserve the titles, they were better this year. Xen nearly won both titles on his own!
Yes, we missed out both titles, but hey: We were really close on the constructors in the end. In all seasons before (ignoring the first season, were we won the title) we were extremely competetive and always made it in the top 3, just missing it out in one year closely with P4. Thats really good, but we never really could be a threat to the winner of the title. Last year we were second, but far away from supreme Benettons. This year, one could say, we havent improved, we still were second. But we came really close to the title this time, thats the best season since S19! Tim even could it look partly that the drivers title could be in danger for Xen, who, in the end, managed it to show Tim how cool he can stay in this situation.
The fact that Tim was really competitive, OMR came close to the title again + has always been competitive in former seasons and i the fact that i found my form in the late season truly tells me that we will be a title contender next season.
The hopes are there. Its the target.
Our form, i take our last 5 races as a reference, says that we have made 144 points in these 5 races, thats about 29 points per weekend, or, if calculated for all 16 races, massive 461 points in the season! Ferrari had 303 this season...
Our form is there. Our motivation is there. The car is still beeing improved. The driver-lineup stays the same and knows each other even better.

Long story short: Not only the hopes are there. We showed the pace of a winning construcotr in the last 5 races.
I am ready and enjoying a good end in a hard season for myself. I think i jumped up 6 places in the last race in the standings, just overtaking... @mystaaRS .... :p

RDFIA Press Conference
@Benutzername: Your team just missed out on the title, still does the win give hopes for next year?
@XenForo: Your thoughts when both OMRs were suddenly ahead of you after the stop?
@Tim: You seemed to have it in the bag, did Xen's attack on the last lap come rather surprisingly?
No, I knew what that ferrari was capable of, I don't really know what happened. Dissapointing to lose both titles to Xen, though I wish him all the luck in the upcoming seasons and we'll try again next year.

• Deleted member 161052

"Final race of the season for both you and Dovi, are you guys happy that you're not racing in RDFR anymore?"
AB: I'm happy with that, because I enjoyed the Forum Racing back in the 22nd season of that. After 2 seasons it was pretty boring for me and Dovi so we both decided to retire entirely from the series. People were thinking we could both retire from the race but we've actually finished to retire from Forum Racing.
AD: I can be happy with it.

What does the future champion part mean?
Last season Xen Foro participated in the season, but wasnt a champion atb this stage. Due the fact that he won the championship in a later season he is a future champion. Therefore in S23 there were driving 2 champions (Chant and Kederer) and one driver, who would become champion later (Xen Foro).
The last seasons cant be taken as seriously as older seasons, cause some drivers might become champions in the future, yet we dont know at this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes