Race Department Forum Racing Season 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistics

8 drivers have taken a win this year, with 3 of them taking more than 1. Xen Foro has most with 6, which is more than 2nd Engberink and 3rd Keranen combined.

11 of 20 drivers had at least 1 podium finish, the most of them had Foro with 10. Engberink here too in 2nd with 9, followed by Keranen's 7 podiums. The lowest ranked driver to get one was 14th Ben Herbert with two 2nd places.

4 of 6 pole positions were converted to a race win, only Engberink at Silverstone and Foro at Adelaide had to settle for 2nd after having started from first, having the wins snatched from Laad and Utzer respectively.

No driver managed to finish each race in the top 10. Closest were Engberink and Sigoulakis with 15 of 16 races in the top 10 each. Sigoulakis streak only ended in round 14 with a 14th place at the Macau GP.

Without teammate, Foro still would have finished 2nd in the Constructors' championship.

The top 7 in the drivers' championship are equal to the top 7 in the constructors' championship.

Only 2 teams had both their drivers finish in the top 10 of the standings, being OMR with Engberink (2nd) and Utzer (8th), and HRT with Laad (5th) and Harvey (10th).

Each of the top teams was pretty much carried by a single driver.
Ferrari: Foro scored 83.8% of the points
OMR: Engberink scored 71.4% of the points
McLaren: Keranen scored 73.9% of the points
Manor: Ancevski scored 70.3% of the points
HRT: Laad scored 63.5% of the points

This is also indicated by the team duels, except for Honda each team had one dominating driver.

Two 1-2 finishes were recorded, both for Ferrari at the Mexican and Finnish GPs.

Let's have a look at some charts now

View attachment 106285
Here you can see that Foro started to pull away from the Belgian GP onwards. Engberink got close again after the Turkish GP, but missed out in the end. Keranen's midseason form was extremely poor, with only 11 points scored from the Finnish to the Turkish GP. Ancevski's late charge for the top 3 almost worked out. Utzer moved up 6 places during the last two rounds.

View attachment 106284
Similar to the drivers' Ferrari also pulled away after the Austrian GP. OMR closed in rapidely after Utzer had regained his form. Ancevski's back-to-back podiums (including one win) pulled Manor from lower midfield towards the top 3. In the end the teams were separated in 4 groups. In each of these the teams were within a couple of points.

Splitting the standings in sprint and feature/24h races, it becomes clear where Foro won the title

View attachment 106281
5 of his 6 wins came in sprint races, while Engberink on the other hand is even behind Keranen here. Also notable the performances of Harvey, Black and Herbert, who all are up a couple of spots. Saidy and Utzer lost out massively, being placed at the end of the midfield.

View attachment 106280
In the feature races Engberink was almost on level with Foro, being on the podium on 5 of 6 races. Laad also did fairly well here, while Keranen only finished 3 of them in the top 10. Saidy and Utzer both pretty far up thanks to their wins. Wolf as well scored most of his points in the feature races. The big losers in this category were Harvey and Herbert.

Same now for the teams.

View attachment 106283
OMR only ranked third in the sprint races, dropping behind McLaren. Mobil1's strenght, or rather Black's, were the sprint races. They're ahead of both Tiger-Tech and Honda here.

View attachment 106282
Ferrari is clearly beaten by OMR in the feature events. Both Manor and HRT are ahead of McLaren in this category. Honda up 2 spots thanks to Saidy's win and two 4 places, one of them coming from Wolf. Grip Racing down 2 spots, as both of Sigoulakis podiums were in sprint races.

With this I want to thank all who participated this season. I'll also announce that I won't be moderating S25, reason being that this game as well as F1 Career require much work, and I'd like to put my focus on the latter.​
Does that mean you're going to participate next year? If so.......
image.jpg

Meh, don't know. Only know that I don't want to moderate this anymore. Already said before taking over that I only do it if noone else suitable can be found.
1: Sorry for double post
2: I know someone for moderating, and I know it's someone without experience though he really wants to do it. I explained everything to him and he helped me out figuring out the last races times. It is @Donaldinho105. Again, I know he doesn't have experience, though he's motivated and he can't deal with da presshah of this game! Have a thought about it, this could be a test, all in all you did the same with Tapio in the F1 series

2: I know someone for moderating, and I know it's someone without experience though he really wants to do it. I explained everything to him and he helped me out figuring out the last races times. It is @Donaldinho105. Again, I know he doesn't have experience, though he's motivated and he can't deal with da presshah of this game! Have a thought about it, this could be a test, all in all you did the same with Tapio in the F1 series
Nonsense. There's a huge difference between playing and moderating a game. Tapio joins a midfield team as rookie (which apparently many of you don't seem to like), while you suggest to let someone moderate who hasn't got the slightest bit of experience with FR, yet alone moderating.

I'd be OK with Donald doing RPS, but he must have experience before even thinking of doing this. Plus, if you two know each other IRL, then that is a major advantage for you.

I'd be OK with Donald doing RPS, but he must have experience before even thinking of doing this. Plus, if you two know each other IRL, then that is a major advantage for you.
Fine, I'll retire then if that's how Donald can do this, come on guys have some trust in a man

read my post again.
Tim said he was involved with race times.

but I understand what you mean. Your call

Plus, if you two know each other IRL, then that is a major advantage for you.
please tell me how. Technically the same could happen with anyone else, ex. Tobi telling Aidan when the races are going to start (just an example, chill out lads..), despite not knowing each other irl.

Why he should not do this:
- no experience (neither FR nor moderating)
- managed to miss marketplace in F1 2 times in only 7 races, which doesn't exactly show dependability
- said he'd join this season earlier on. When asked what team he never replied.
- no experience (neither FR nor moderating)

I'm not moving from my standing. You need to have done 1 season + 5 races AT LEAST to moderate the next season of Forum Racing. One more mention of someone less than that doing it and the boundary goes up to 2 seasons and 5 races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back