Race #6, Great Britain: Post-Race Discussion

on lap 14 Tom Kelley was in front of me and must of had worn tires as he was sliding a lot. I caught him up and as I went to pass in the chicane we touched which made us both spin. It was a hard overtake but with the speed I was catching him I had little choice as he slowed a lot more than I thought he would of.
Cya in Germany

After the chicane I moved over and gave you a courtesy pass for the contact in the chicane since I thought I could have gave you more space.

When I joined FSR i was hoping for some quick steps forward and improvement in driving.
But since then what has happened to me is a bad joke.
To be honest, i'm having disadvantage at setups,racing situations and some other areas in FSR because i can only count on myself and AIs. I don't have a teammate and I could only try the current mod out in racing situations during the races of Montreal and Silverstone. I think it's quite unlucky that i had to start from P26 and I had no experience of where it's possible to overtake or which line to defend etc.
I hope that these problems will be solved soon!

I joined and started practicing at the Bahrain GP but i wasn't used to drive with cockpit view and i still feel that i lose quite a lot because of this compared to what i could do with the TVcam.
I had been disappointed in my abilities till I found the setup of Mikko which provided me a great chance and then i was able to do a 29.7 . I realized that i was weak at making setups,and i also realized that in FSR 80% of your pace depends on your setup and only 20% depends on the driver.
Unfortunately, I couldn't participate in the race because i couldn't get my FSR Manager working.
And after that my pedals stopped working before the Chinese GP so that's the reason for my absence.
I got my new wheel 5 days before the Canadian GP. It was a short, but in fact a great preparation. I had been practicing only with race setup but i was still adjusting it during PQ and Q1. My top speed was 331 but i tried to get more grip in S2. I managed to make a reasonable setup during Q1, i once had a S2 of 23.3.

During PQ and Q1 i was asking if i had 1 lap in Q2. They confirmed it.
I wanted to do 2 laps in Q2 because i had 2 setups and i couldn't decide which one to use. I was in a hurry and i loaded the wrong setup for Q2 which i got from Rando Tamm.
I did 1 lap with it during the practice session and because the traction felt nice in S2 i decided to try the setup with my wings,radiators,ducts and brake bias on it and i did another lap with it but i wasn't really forcing it.
I was expecting a high 14 or a low 15 time for Q2.
When i finished my lap and i saw that i only did a 16.2, I was very angry. I had no chance during the race because i was sliding everywhere, the setup and the gears were useless in the race. I tried everything but my connection didn't let me finish the race.

@Silverstone: Started from P26 but after L1 i was already in P13 when i had an oversteer moment and while i was correcting, Jorrick Boshove bombed into the back of my car without releasing the throttle and it destroyed my race! My car became undriveable, I tried to do a few more laps but it was pointless.
Too bad, because looking at the pace of the guys it could have been an easy win for me, even starting from P26.

I hope that i will be luckier in the upcoming races and i can show my real pace!​

TFYCa.gif

I realized that i was weak at making setups,and i also realized that in FSR 80% of your pace depends on your setup and only 20% depends on the driver.​
Unfortunately, I couldn't participate in the race because i couldn't get my FSR Manager working.​

I also consider myself a non great set up maker, some of my teammates will agree this. ok my PB in silverstone was a 1:30,7 (90,7 sec) and if we consider that my set up was 80% (perfect one, but it wasnt trust me ;) ) you are saying that my set up gives me, attention to this, 72,56 seconds per lap!!! and the driver just does 18,14 sec.

So, considering that your set up is now 40% good and your driving style is 20% (perfect as your theory says) (So in your case the 66% of your pace is set up and the 33% is the driver), so we can take that your "set up" gives you 60,46 per lap and you do 30,24 sec.

So that means that if we use the same set up you would be 12,1 seconds faster per lap than me!

My conclusion is that, or im a really bad driver with great set ups, or you are just great driver!

If you want I can attach my set up and try to do a 1:18... LOOOOOOL

Just tipe this for kidding dont want to offend you ;), also wanted to show that here is FSR is the 99% driver and 1% set up ;)

"also wanted to show that here is FSR is the 99% driver"

if ur theory is correct that would mean u should be 88sec slower than me?

Just tipe this for kidding dont want to offend you ;), also wanted to show that here is FSR is the 100% driver and 0% set up

"also wanted to show that here is FSR is the 99% driver"

if ur theory is correct that would mean u should be 88sec slower than me?

Just tipe this for kidding dont want to offend you;), also wanted to show that here is FSR is the 100% driver and 0% set up

Ok, try to do a 1:30,0 in silverstone with following settings: Wings: 30-1 Ride height: 2.0-8.0 :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back