Race 07 - BTCC super touring series. Good idea or not?

I have just had an idea but I want to run it through with all of you first. What about running a BTCC series using the super touring mod and recreate the 1997 or 1998 season by doing the race calender (1998 season: Thruxton rounds 1 and 2, Silverstone rounds 3 and 4 etc etc and doing sprint and feature races).

All of the race tracks used in the 98 season can be downloaded (oulton park hasn't got fosters layout) so it's easy to recreate.

Please tell me you opinions no matter how good/bad this idea is.

Thats the tricky part when it comes to modding. Some people think they can literally take tracks from other games and place them into RACE 07 and/or rFactor.

A track needs to be legal to run here at RD. That means scratch build by a modder or converted with permission of the copyright holder (never happens).

I have had a look at all the tracks and im still not sure what tracks are legal. if someone who is a lot smarter than me was to find out that would be great. (im not all that confident). If some of the tracks are not legal, we could some tracks abroad that produces good, close racing.

Knochhill, Croft, Snetterton and Thruxton are all from Codemasters games and are not allowed at RD. Oulton Park is too I think, there are a couple of version out there I think one comes from Toca 2 Touring Cars and one from Toca Race Driver 3.
Mondello Park is also from Toca RD 3 but I've seen that used a few times on RD.
There is a conversion of Thruxton from Rfactor scratch built by lasercutter but I'm not sure he gave permission to convert it

To be ultimatly realistic, with all of the legal crap and all the RD leagues already in place and highly successful, it would be a lot of hard work and time to get my "Idea" to work to the high standard.

If there is anyone who is brave enough and clever enough to make it legal and good, go ahead.

There is a scratch built legal Croft now,we have ran it a couple of times in rF club,also we ran a legal Oulton thats been on the go for ages,also Thruxton was a round of the recent Clio Cup league here,and yes we have even ran Snetterton quite recently,still the main problem is a legal Knockhill i think?.

There is a scratch built legal Croft now,we have ran it a couple of times in rF club,also we ran a legal Oulton thats been on the go for ages,also Thruxton was a round of the recent Clio Cup league here,and yes we have even ran Snetterton quite recently...

Remember that you would need the permission of the person that scratch built those tracks in order to convert them from rFactor to Race 07.

Maybe if it was a on a different game (ie Rfactor), would that work?

Not really, because for most tracks the issue is not that they have been converted from rFactor to Race 07 without permission. The issue is that the base track has been ripped out of other games such as Toca Touring Cars/Race Driver, meaning the copyright is owned by companies such as Codemasters.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back