Race 07 - BTCC super touring series. Good idea or not?

I have just had an idea but I want to run it through with all of you first. What about running a BTCC series using the super touring mod and recreate the 1997 or 1998 season by doing the race calender (1998 season: Thruxton rounds 1 and 2, Silverstone rounds 3 and 4 etc etc and doing sprint and feature races).

All of the race tracks used in the 98 season can be downloaded (oulton park hasn't got fosters layout) so it's easy to recreate.

Please tell me you opinions no matter how good/bad this idea is.

Good luck David!

Here's the updated version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u57i1c19yd3zq5c
Had some problems with mediafire, hope the .zip works.
Be sure to back up the add-on STW teams '98 and '99 or get the latest update of the stw mods by baika (the stw97 mod of Pat and stcc200 mod of biffenh have their own folders, so they will not be affected), delete the ALBTCC98 folder and install the 3.1 version :)

It's this error "SteamStartup(0xf,0x12fc74) failed with error 108: The local steam service is not running" I have been trying to fix this for ages but no luck so far :(

I've tried the main solution and that dosen't work
I assume you already tried this:
Question

I get this Error:
"SteamStartup(0xf,0x12fc74) failed with error 108: The local steam service is not running" when I attempt to run any game.
Answer

This error might happen if there is an extra copy of Steam.dll in one of the game directories or in the system path.
There should only be one Steam.dll in your Steam install directory, typically:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.dll
or
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.dll
The fastest way to find errant steam.dll files is to use your O/S search function from your Start button:
Start > Search > For Files or Folders > all files and folders
then enter steam.dll in the all or part of the file name: box and click on the search button.
You should only have one Steam installation on your system so you should only have one copy of steam.dll. If you find any others then delete them.

I assume you already tried this:
Question

I get this Error:
"SteamStartup(0xf,0x12fc74) failed with error 108: The local steam service is not running" when I attempt to run any game.
Answer

This error might happen if there is an extra copy of Steam.dll in one of the game directories or in the system path.
There should only be one Steam.dll in your Steam install directory, typically:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.dll
or
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steam.dll
The fastest way to find errant steam.dll files is to use your O/S search function from your Start button:
Start > Search > For Files or Folders > all files and folders
then enter steam.dll in the all or part of the file name: box and click on the search button.
You should only have one Steam installation on your system so you should only have one copy of steam.dll. If you find any others then delete them.
Yeah i've tried that already, thanks anyway Marco.

Did you try to delete race and steam (uninstall), make sure there are no folders left and files left of the previous installation, and run steam installer again?

So not only race, by Steam as well? As it seems, the issue is more steam related then Race related.

Good luck David!

Here's the updated version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u57i1c19yd3zq5c
Had some problems with mediafire, hope the .zip works.
Be sure to back up the add-on STW teams '98 and '99 or get the latest update of the stw mods by baika (the stw97 mod of Pat and stcc200 mod of biffenh have their own folders, so they will not be affected), delete the ALBTCC98 folder and install the 3.1 version :)

I have Downloaded ur new update for this series. The question is i have is i can't find the STW mod by baika and also the STCC200 mod by biffenh....

Would love these 2 so i can get the full collection together..

Thanx Andy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back