RACE 07 announced

James Johnson

The Weatherman
"After the intense action of the WTCC 06 season in RACE – The Official WTCC game it is time for a brand new “single seater” racing experience.
For the first time ever SimBin presents Formula cars, featuring Formula 3000, Formula BMW and in addition also Radical cars with the models SR3 and SR4.
But not only that, as the title RACE 07 signals, the game will ship with the full season of WTCC 2007, all the new cars and tracks are included as well as the 2006 season found in RACE.

RACE 07 comes with a bunch of new tracks and added track variations including new city tracks, alternate track layouts and reversed track option.

Several new community oriented features, game modes and online functionalities will be announced later.

To support these new race classes the player will be offered the choice between one- or two-race-format. Also the highly detailed damage system from RACE is adapted to give the Formula cars the vulnerability they have in real life"

[edit by TheStig[RPM]: here are some screenies, looks promissing]

Well, I do think they pretty much ignored teh fact that WTCC 2006 was released in Q4 of 2006. On the other hand it looks like the 2007 will be an improvement: more series, more tracks, better community tools (finally!). From that point of view the only sad thing is that I've already bought 2006 for the full price.

I just hope they will think of the good old 2006 players when they go for the marketing.

ALL Chevy's in RACE has this TomTom installed, they only switch on during league races though, so to bad 95% of the rest of you selected other cars mwuahaaahhaa :D

Btw. I'm really looking forward to the "inside the helmet" driving view that is seen on ne of th screenshots, I think that might just be the perfect place to be when simracing :D

Mikkel said:
Btw. I'm really looking forward to the "inside the helmet" driving view that is seen on ne of th screenshots, I think that might just be the perfect place to be when simracing :D

That sure is a feature that I'm curious about. I wonder what it will be like when you look sidewards and see the view go over the shoulder, lol.

Mikkel said:
ALL Chevy's in RACE have this TomTom installed, they only switch on during league races though, so too bad 95% of the rest of you selected other cars mwuahaaahhaa :D

oh, so that is what keeps distracting me from driving a clean line ...

back on topic: I guess with the amount of extra material this is sure going to be a new game for €45 with us 06ers able to download the wtcc 07 tracks and cars and naught more, which I would more than gladly appreciate (don't really care for free-wheelers, too finneckey) !!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.