R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing 2018
30 years of DTM – a special anniversary for Mercedes-AMG Motorsport. 30 years of fascinating cars, legendary drivers, epic battles and lots of victories and titles. Now it’s time to relive these years, drive the cars from the past and also form a new generation of legends in the 2018 Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition.

The best 18 drivers from the leaderboards will qualify for the online multiplayer races broadcasted LIVE on the Mercedes-Benz channels. The best five drivers of the multiplayer championship will be invited to the DTM final at Hockenheim, all expenses paid, to compete against the Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers for prizes.

Find more information here!

It also means that three new cars will find their way to RaceRoom: The 1995 AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM, the 2003 AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM and the 2005 AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM will be available for free within the competition, and will be available in the RaceRoom store at a later stage.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/page-5#post-150115

In preparation for the opening race of the Mercedes‐AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition[www.mercedes-benz.com], we have updated the game client with the following changes:

Game:
  • Spectator mode: Fixed an issue where the race start countdown lights would show at the end of a race and remain visible in the second race session.
Art:
  • All DTM cars from 2013 to 2016 now have 360 degrees driver animations
  • Audi RS 3 LMS - esport livery updated
  • Imola - Pitlane limit is now properly set to 80 kph
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R - Fixed an issue with the car receiving engine damage from a frontal impact.
  • Sachsenring - Updated with new pitwall sponsor, slight camber adjustments, and a surface review.
  • Sepang - Fixed a hole in the ground where cars could sometimes get stuck.
  • Spa-Francorchamps - Reviewed track surface between Les Combes and the chicane.
  • Volvo S60 WTCC - Fixed an issue where driver was seen clipping through his seat from external cameras.
  • Zakspeed Capri - Attempt to fix an issue where the tail lights would not be rendered with transparency on a ghosted car on certain configurations.
  • Zhuhai - Performance optimizations

So will we see the WTCR added after next weeks event at the Nurburgring or is this something we will see later in the year?
Apparently WTCR cars will be added as a pack, not one by one. As for when that happens, I'm not aware of any official or unofficial mentions. Wouldn't hold my breath for near future, though (then again what do I know, your guess is as good as mine).

I guess it depends on if the WTCR's are released as soon as they're ready (which they apparently are, given the competition) or whether they have some other publicity stunt planned for a later release.

Release finished or release broken? I vote finished. ;)
Hi Ross , well that Audi looked ok and finished to me, i could pay for the full pack , be able to race my Audi and wait for extra cars of the pack to be finish... i don't like the way they introduced that audi as in competition only and not releasing it weeks after that comp

Okay, but most people want something to race the car with.
Myself included. Not much fun having just one car out of a complete field.
The KTM GT4 has been finished for ages, but it's not getting released either until it has some opponents in the same class.

Okay, but most people want something to race the car with.
Myself included. Not much fun having just one car out of a complete field.
The KTM GT4 has been finished for ages, but it's not getting released either until it has some opponents in the same class.
Hey Lars , yes i'm fully agree and i know it's just my expectation and not anyone else as it seems, i just think it was better if there wasn't a big time gap between that competition(the comp that we could test drive that audi ) and the car/cars release date. i have found that Audi awesome for my driving style as i can only drive with one hand , i mean it was easy to manage for me and now i have to wait to an unknown date to be able to use it again , it's like this situation " don't let me try something i would love if you want to take it back and tell me i have to wait long time for it" :roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.