R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

I think it is sadly a lot "safer" for them to casually mention something like this on their Discord, instead of doing a full blown announcement on the forums or FB which can backfire on them fairly easily in case some complications present itself. Their Discord is more of a private "insider" space where they can be a bit more open about stuff.

It's a no win situation for the Devs at S3, if they mention something that is close to release that then gets delayed, mayhem ensues on said forum, RR have demands that have to be met, at the drop of a hat it seems, so deadlines are missed. There is so much in the pipeline that I think S3 daren't mention anything new on the horizon, jeez some people still mention the Aussie V8's on the forum every now and again, this week actually! :rolleyes:
Your best bet is to follow Georg on Discord, lets some juicy titbits out now and again but as Kenny Paton says, keeping up with every new fangled messaging service can drive one potty.
My gaming PC is spread across my living room floor as I type, so one had best get ones arse in gear and reassemble asap, if there is something new to play with in RR then I'm on it like a rash in a STD clinic.
Best get over to the forum and start spreading frenzied gossip, asap'er!

It's a no win situation for the Devs at S3, if they mention something that is close to release that then gets delayed, mayhem ensues on said forum...
This goes for all developers, everywhere. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Unfortunately the tinterwebs gives the whinging minority a very, very loud voice and allows everyone to act like spoilt children. :unsure:

This is the last of our series of updates aimed at deploying cars for the various eras of the
Mercedes‐AMG Motorsport eRacing Competition.

Today's update adds the remaining cars for the future rounds of this outstanding competition: the AMG-Mercedes CLK DTM 2003, the AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 2005 as well as a competition-only version of the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM 2015.

But it isn't all! We're also bringing some fixes for Direct Drive wheels and other controller types that were reported recently. Check this out:

Update details:
Client version = 0.3.0.6406
Client BuildID = 2821569
Dedi version = 42.0.665
Dedi BuildID = 2821571

Game:
  • FFB - No longer sends Jolt effects on extreme forces, which caused strong effects being felt when the car was bottoming out.
  • FFB - Fixed various reported issues with Direct Drive wheels
  • FFB - An issue was spotted with the effect creation for Fanatec devices. While this is being investigated on Fanatec side, a workaround has been introduced, solving the ffb loss, framerate and freezes issues reported when resetting FFB or loading multiple game sessions.
  • Input meter - Fixed an issue where the meter would render before a racing session started.
  • Fixed an issue where cockpit gauges would sometimes be showing wrong values when coming back from an instant replay (spotted in the Zakspeed Capri)

Content
  • Mid-Ohio - Fixed a cut track detection when driving near the pitlane entrance in the last two turns.
  • Laguna Seca - Fixed wrong pitlane speed limit
  • Sepang - Fixed some minor texture flickering on the back of the pit building

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/may-31st-update.10866/

And there's also this a few comments later:

Well we're in full production for WTCR.
And we didn't renew the DTM license for now as the series is undergoing changes anyway.

All of them? :O_o: Holy crap, that's seven cars if I count correctly. Eight with that one extra mentioned above. Better make some time for 2025 to test them all :p

(It's not that I think S3 work slow, just that it's a pretty massive undertaking.)

Multi-class is already in multiplayer our Kenny Paton, guessing you mean single player, waiting on the UI dept apparently but RR's demands take priority with the ranking system (which many are pining for) and divisions. Hoping all mentioned content makes it before the summer break, what with the Swedes and their 3 month summer holidays, be bloody Christmas otherwise! :rolleyes:

• Deleted member 503495

@J-F Chardon I just recently decided to try this and was driving Indycars but was disappointed to only see 21 opponents. Since this is online-only and not moddable, will there be a consideration to in the future provide a full field for each series?

@J-F Chardon I just recently decided to try this and was driving Indycars but was disappointed to only see 21 opponents. Since this is online-only and not moddable, will there be a consideration to in the future provide a full field for each series?
Grid size/number of AI opponents depends on the track. For example, you can have 45 AI opponents on Indianapolis GP, 63 AI opponents on Road America and 99 AI opponents on Nordschleife.

In the post from sector 3 about today's update they've said expect some new content in the coming days. WTCR is in Vila Real this weekend could it be the WTCR pack or have they been working on something else interesting?

In the post from sector 3 about today's update they've said expect some new content in the coming days. WTCR is in Vila Real this weekend could it be the WTCR pack or have they been working on something else interesting?
They said they were preparing the game for upcoming competitions, so it's possibly more content for that. Something to do with Porsches and German tracks, going by the list of fixes. Remember that we're still due a load of new Porsches at some point. ;)

Don't expect WTCR until September at the earliest according to Bubbles over on the forum. :( Not sure why I'm sad, not a FWD fan at all but do enjoy the races that they supply and having an almost full grid sounds like fun. :thumbsup: Just need the old body to be rebuilt, then; hopefully get back to a bit of Tue/Thur fun races. :thumbsup: Been limited to a few mins hot lapping per day. :poop::poop::poop:
At least I'm not missing out much on the RR content front at the moment, oh so quiet at S3, lots of promises and little to show. The list of expected features/content grows and grows but what turns up, nobody knows! He's a poet but didn't give a :poop:.
Can you tell how bored I am? Surprised I'm not hanging from a beam. What with the biggest surprise of my day being the shock of waking up alive, well other than England still being in the World Cup at this late stage! :D
So, have not run off with the cleaner guys, just sidelined whilst I grow some new body parts and get the rest put back where they're supposed to be, if I can remember where I put them! :O_o:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.