PC1 Project CARS release delayed again

pCARS Project Cars Game 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios and Bandai Namco have once again delayed the release of the highly anticipated racing game, Project CARS - this time until April 2nd.

It may not be much of a delay but it comes after a previous delay which moved the release date back from late 2014 to March 2015, understandably causing some frustration and speculation on the reasons behind the delay.

SEE ALSO: Pre-Order Project Cars

SMS stated that the previous delay was done to avoid other major releases and to put on finishing touches. This time, Bandai Namco says, "The slight shift of the release date is due to final adjustments in the game that are required to provide fans with the best gaming experience they can have.

“Moving the release date was not an easy decision to make, as we know our fans are eager to get their hands-on on Project CARS”, said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. We assure you the wait will be worth it when the game does arrive early April”.

Personally, I've always been one to feel that quality is better than quantity, so for me the reasons for the delay are enough reason, though some may feel differently.

Share your thoughts with us!

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

I wonder how many base their opinions on a pirated version? I see people everywhere openly admitting to do so. They should be ashamed

.. not to mention that the pirated version just happened to be one of THE MOST BROKEN pieces of code ever released in the Project CARS history. Force Feedback - completely broken. Physics of many of the cars and some tire sets - completely bugged and broken. Graphics / performance - completely broken.

So yeah, the people playing the pirated version (heck any build between 820 and 840 basically) are doing themselves a huge disservice.

What for stupid arguments. I downloaded a crack, because i can´t buy this game, not to avoid costs and i´m harming nobody with that. I bought Assetto Corsa for the full prize, >90% of R3E content (including all tracks), rFactor 2 and Stock Car Extreme in the last 4 weeks. Developers can be happy with customers like me;)

If pCars isn´t the disappointment i tried, i will buy it anyway, and reviews regarding the RC will be online soon. But i´m afraid, i will not play it.

What for stupid arguments. I downloaded a crack, because i can´t buy this game, not to avoid costs and i´m harming nobody with that. I bought Assetto Corsa for the full prize, >90% of R3E content (including all tracks), rFactor 2 and Stock Car Extreme in the last 4 weeks. Developers can be happy with customers like me;)

If pCars isn´t the disappointment i tried, i will buy it anyway, and reviews regarding the RC will be online soon. But i´m afraid, i will not play it.
How do you know who and how someone may be affected? Have you been in their shoes?
There are many ways to rationalize bad behavior. If you're honest about it with yourself, you might one day realize that your attitude and the behavior are a part of the problem - not the solution. You decide which one is right for you.

And hopefully i´m wrong.

You are wrong. The software was still stolen. You downloaded stolen software. Yes we know the story, someone else stole it.:rolleyes: Thousands of others do it. It's still wrong.
But I don't blame you. It was there and you decided to try it. Human nature I suppose.
But it was a broken build and you can hardly come on here and try and compare it with anything can you?
:cool:

You are wrong. The software was still stolen. You downloaded stolen software. Yes we know the story, someone else stole it.:rolleyes: Thousands of others do it. It's still wrong.
:cool:

I hope, that people who pretending to have that high moral compass really are angels in their personal behavior and never downloaded an album or a film or watched even one.:whistling:

And in this case there is not even a possibility to play this game legally, if you are not part of a program, which started long before i got interested in racing games. You maybe should more blame the Publisher with this elitist form of beta-testing. And how can somebody steal a "broken software" anyway? Why they don´t put the game in Steam Early Access like Kunos? Oh yeah, i forgot that pCars uses tracks and cars without licensing:laugh:. What a hypocrisy.

I hope, that people who pretending to have that high moral compass really are angels in their personal behavior and never downloaded an album or a film or watched even one.:whistling:
I'm not pretending to have the moral compass. I do have it.:thumbsup: Theft is theft. How can someone steal broken software you say? So with that example, it would be fine to steal a broken down car from the side of the road? :whistling: Or a broken TV from a TV repair shop? ;)

I'm not pretending to have the moral compass. I do have it.:thumbsup: Theft is theft. How can someone steal broken software you say? So with that example, it would be fine to steal a broken down car from the side of the road? :whistling: Or a broken TV from a TV repair shop? ;)

So there´s no difference to steal something from a person, who is missing it after and copying a beta software, which is only available through that and nobody will loose a dime? You should ask yourself, if your moral compass is in the right direction:sneaky:

I think, it is far more stealing, and in this case real money, if a publisher does everything to pretend finishing a racing simulator and you open it in april and just get an arcade game instead:confused:. I hope, i´m wrong, but there are arguments from people in this thread with newer builds who confirm my suspicion. The new fools day could be on the 02. of April this year.

I think, it is far more stealing, and in this case real money, if a publisher does everything to pretend finishing a racing simulator and you open it in april and just get an arcade game instead:confused:. I hope, i´m wrong, but there are arguments from people in this thread with newer builds who confirm my suspicion. The new fools day could be on the 02. of April this year.
Sure, and there are people who say that rF2 , iRacing and AC are all crap - some of them real-world race drivers. Opinions of developers translation of real-world physics to digital games; nothing wrong with that. In the case of Pcars, there clearly is motive on both sides to discredit the opposing side. Go on any forum and follow and Pcars discussion and you'll see the same thing.

Ultimately, the decision to like Pcars comes down to personal preference. Try it for yourself but, don't use the closed nature of development to rationalize justification for piracy. To err is human, to learn from our mistakes gives making those mistakes some purpose.

I don't think that I'm special or on a "high-horse" at all; if anything, I'm average at best and riding an "average horse" and have made boat-loads of mistakes. I see value in having integrity. As such, there are times where I feel obliged to point out one's mistakes - hence this conversation. Take it for what it is, my way of sharing "tip of the day".

I still maintain what I have stated many times before regarding Pcars. The base physics are there, the FFB is there, not rF2 level physics & FFB but, very capable - more-so than most want to give credit for. It takes a good deal of work to get good results, it won't always be that way but, for now - it's part of the program and it's not like early-release. We get daily builds, bugs and all for all to see - one way or another, for good or for bad.

Some people use Pcars access to "spy" on the progress and make big news out all the things that are wrong, . . . still wrong, going to be wrong, etc. as a way to boost their popularity and play the hero to save so many from the scourge of "arcade & sim-cade" racing games of current times. Yay!

My opinion counts . . . to me I guess, and that's about it but, I've already had a blast playing Pcars and I don't bother playing arcade racers, and get bored quickly of "sim-cade" titles. I don't see that happening with Pcars. If that makes me weird, so be it. :)

I would gather from this that all of the replay videos posted are "photo-shopped" as well?! I find that hard to believe, unless the replays generated are "enhanced" by pCARS. This comment just begs for big blocks of salt for your other statements about the pCARS.

In replay mode there is graphical enhancements that is not visible when driving, yes. Practically every racing game engine since the stone age does that, like add some excessive DoF etc. And i judge on what i see on MY screen, becuase online videos is not a good indicator as they are compressed, downscaled and at 30fps.

So the image quality that i see, on my own monitor, playing at ultra settings on my own hardware is what i will base my judgement on. And no, that does NOT look like the screenshots or the videos.

However, it looks nice, just not the jawdropping kind of crazy stuff ppl seem to be expecting. Many contemporary games look better.

Bull:poop:
I drove it on a lesser setup and it looked and ran great. Blanket statements like that will hit your credibility hard. Again, I only drove it once for an hour or so...but the game was fun...the AI need work, still. But so does R3E.

Is your framerate 60 fps or more at all times in the rain starting last with 20 or more ai, all settings on ultra with aa... otherwise your credibility should be in question, as that was the scenario i was actively discussing. And with a lesser setup,you do not. It looks good at lower spec as well, but hat was not my point. If you know of a way to have 25 AI in fron of you in the rain, and still have it at maximum detail, at lower spec, enlighten me.

Sure, and there are people who say that rF2 , iRacing and AC are all crap

I see only people who think, that pCars is crap from the physics and this is my experience as well. Nobody say AC is crap.

Ultimately, the decision to like Pcars comes down to personal preference. Try it for yourself but, don't use the closed nature of development to rationalize justification for piracy.

I don´t think that pCars will ever release a Demo-Version just to fool sim-racers into buying this arcade. And i hope, that a new crack comes out just to avoid people like me buying this game, who wants to play racing simulations, not Need for Speed.

If you like arcade racing, it´s fine and your choice to do so, but Forza 5 and Horizon 2 never claimed to be a simulator and have much better car physics as far as i know. And the physics are **** against R3E, AC and GSCE.

Last edited:
I see only people who think, that pCars is crap from the physics and this is my experience as well. Nobody say AC is crap.

I don´t think that pCars will ever release a Demo-Version just to fool sim-racers into buying this arcade. And i hope, that a new crack comes out just to avoid people like me buying this game, who wants to play racing simulations, not Need for Speed.

If you like arcade racing, it´s fine and your choice to do so, but Forza 5 and Horizon 2 never claimed to be a simulator and have much better car physics as far as i know. And they are **** against R3E.

There is a point where you say so much :poop: that you lost any credibility and you've pretty much hit that point.

There is a point where you say so much :poop: that you lost any credibility and you've pretty much hit that point.
So you think that pCars is anywhere near Assetto Corsa, when it comes to the physics engine:laugh:? Sorry, but you are just the definition of total density if you think that:cry:. AC is so fu**ing far away from pCars. It shouldn´t be listed even in the same category than that. It´s another planet in another solar system.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back