PC1 Project CARS release delayed again

pCARS Project Cars Game 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios and Bandai Namco have once again delayed the release of the highly anticipated racing game, Project CARS - this time until April 2nd.

It may not be much of a delay but it comes after a previous delay which moved the release date back from late 2014 to March 2015, understandably causing some frustration and speculation on the reasons behind the delay.

SEE ALSO: Pre-Order Project Cars

SMS stated that the previous delay was done to avoid other major releases and to put on finishing touches. This time, Bandai Namco says, "The slight shift of the release date is due to final adjustments in the game that are required to provide fans with the best gaming experience they can have.

“Moving the release date was not an easy decision to make, as we know our fans are eager to get their hands-on on Project CARS”, said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. We assure you the wait will be worth it when the game does arrive early April”.

Personally, I've always been one to feel that quality is better than quantity, so for me the reasons for the delay are enough reason, though some may feel differently.

Share your thoughts with us!

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

I haven't seen one single poster here that strikes me as an "HATER". Can you point one out?
Just some members giving their opinion. That word "haters" is so trouble making in my opinion.

On here, not so much, so I'd agree with you about tying the word "haters" to this specific site, in general. So I agree that the tie in to this site (using "we") should not have been made. However, you go outside of this place, and ohhhh boy....it's a :poop: storm of hate.

I'd rather wait a month, heck I'd rather wait 6 month until the game is DONE and everything is working as intended.
I hate when a company releases a game too soon just because of deadline and then the game is unplayable.
IMHO company shouldn't set a release date, just release ones the game if finished and you're happy with it.
Six more months would do wonders for the game. It isn't quite ready yet. If they release as it is, at the best it'll be rated as a diamond in the rough.

Six more months would do wonders for the game. It isn't quite ready yet. If they release as it is, at the best it'll be rated as a diamond in the rough.
in that case instead of an all-out delay id simply propose staggered releases. i think PC users are simply more forgiving of this kind of stuff, not to mention far more eager for it. we also understand its a platform meant to be built upon for a period of years...meanwhile, console users are stupid.*

*may be a simplification

I am suspecting that the biggest issue, apart from the bugs still present and some things not being polished (like the handling) is actually how to reach their lofty 60+ fps goal on consoles.

I am guessing they have problems maintaining that figure overall, as the console hardware, even in this so called "next-gen" is not exactly state of the art...

They would need to cut a lot of corners there. And i am a bit afraid that that is what's taking time, giving less focus on the actual polishing and more on actually getting the damned thing to roll smooth on underpowered hardware.

But i have to give it to them, the engine itself is really awesome as it scales VERY well with different hardware, and threads it's rendering without issues. So the tech beneath the surface seems solid. But i think that even if they have to cut away all the bells and whistles to maintain the 60 fps goal (look at Forza 5 for a lesson in pre-calc lighting, fake dynamic shadows, flat texturing, no aniso etc.) it will be beutiful in a console game sense.

Hopefully the handling, dynamics and plish will get some devtime too... It's on the right way.

But i think that even if they have to cut away all the bells and whistles to maintain the 60 fps goal (look at Forza 5 for a lesson in pre-calc lighting, fake dynamic shadows, flat texturing, no aniso etc.) it will be beutiful in a console game sense.

They can cut bells and whistles out of the console versions as much as they like in my opinion. But us PC users expect it all. ;) I would be extremely happy if they developed the PC version far more than the console version after release.

They can cut bells and whistles out of the console versions as much as they like in my opinion. But us PC users expect it all. ;) I would be extremely happy if they developed the PC version far more than the console version after release.

Only one problem with that -- money. I'd like to see the console version as good as they can get it, even after release.

im playing allready the game and i want just to say that.
guys we will make really nice races.The game is really nice.be patient xaxaxa.:laugh:
For 2 months now i have stop playin any other sim title like iracing and asseto.
its like you are driving in the track.crazy imersion..........:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
I personally don't care anymore and all the hype is more and more ridiculous.
They should rename it to "Project Screenshot".
Perhaps I will buy it on Steam when it's on sale for 2 bucks :)
In the meantime we have AC.

I haven't seen one single poster here that strikes me as an "HATER". Can you point one out?
Just some members giving their opinion. That word "haters" is so trouble making in my opinion.
No?
Ridiculing a game like that is pretty damning. I'm not saying that RD is the same as the rest of the racesim community, and I'm certainly not trying to call anyone out; RD is far better than what I see on PCars videos' comments, I'm just trying to keep things civil and get people to avoid being so adamantly against the game.

im playing allready the game and i want just to say that.
guys we will make really nice races.The game is really nice.be patient xaxaxa.:laugh:
For 2 months now i have stop playin any other sim title like iracing and asseto.
its like you are driving in the track.crazy imersion..........:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It isn't that great like you say. I've been playing the game since march of 2012. It improved a lot ever since, there's no question about it, but the handling still lacks a lot. It's much more arcade than Forza. And it would wish to be at least close to Gran Turismo series. Granted, it improved a lot over the years of development, but still, it's rough. Very rough. Some tracks still look bad like they were in beta - Willow Springs, for example. Some features I wouldn't touch at all for being so shamelessly undercooked that I can't be bothered to make use of - like the replays.

The problem with PCars is, some people think it's a holy thing. You can't even criticize it on the dev forums otherwise they threat to ban you and give you money back (saw that happening with someone else back in 2012). I don't see the game improving that much until the release, but let's hope, eh?

PCars might die for being extremely "Tryhard". They are trying so hard to be the best simcade, to dethrone both Forza and GT from consoles and to be the next hot thing for PCs that they forgot to be natural and have their own voice. Which is damn a shame, given the potential it truly have. They are like an anxious young actress with a lot of potential but she ends up overacting to the point of annoyance in her audition to never get the role. The sounds in the game are a clear example of that: all you want after a few laps is to turn the engine sounds down because how damn annoying they are.

I can't wait to test this game.
Today you can have a preview of the pCARS physics engine!

In other words: don't get your hopes up too much, I had purchased the alpha version like 2.5-3 years ago and I can't say that the physics are any better now. Need for Speed stuff, to put it nicely.

Its kind of disappointing for the PC version to be delayed because of the console guys, but hey, I'm not idiot and I'd rather they keep paying the bills!! For once it would be nice to get a big release first and make everyone else wait!

I'm sorry, but I can't take commenters seriously when they compare Project Cars to Shift 2. I've been in on pCars since the beginning and happened to pick up S2U on sale at the Origin store and could play them both side to side. S2U was fun in a serious racing game way, but never could it be called sim. From the first day I got to pCars, there were some cars that were phenomenal (the Caterham Superlight, BAC Mono), but you have to edit the FFB files, unfortunately. And even now I'm still learning about tuning the FFB in pCars to make it feel better still. I won't say I like it better than AC, but its very close, and everything around the racing pushes the immersion past anything else.

It's ironic in that Assetto Corsa is easier to drop in and it feels right, so it would be better for console racers. But pCars needs more tweaking to get the feel just the way you want it, and its trying to appeal to the console guys.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back