PC1 Project CARS release delayed again

pCARS Project Cars Game 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios and Bandai Namco have once again delayed the release of the highly anticipated racing game, Project CARS - this time until April 2nd.

It may not be much of a delay but it comes after a previous delay which moved the release date back from late 2014 to March 2015, understandably causing some frustration and speculation on the reasons behind the delay.

SEE ALSO: Pre-Order Project Cars

SMS stated that the previous delay was done to avoid other major releases and to put on finishing touches. This time, Bandai Namco says, "The slight shift of the release date is due to final adjustments in the game that are required to provide fans with the best gaming experience they can have.

“Moving the release date was not an easy decision to make, as we know our fans are eager to get their hands-on on Project CARS”, said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. We assure you the wait will be worth it when the game does arrive early April”.

Personally, I've always been one to feel that quality is better than quantity, so for me the reasons for the delay are enough reason, though some may feel differently.

Share your thoughts with us!

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

iRacing. I have to say. I enjoy it very much and will probably keep racing there for quite some time. It has come a long way. I will agree that it is expensive but, you have to pace yourself and only purchase tracks/cars that you will actually use. That's the tricky part: resisting the urge. I have to admit that like all obsessed sim racers - i struggle with that one.

My one complaint is the car selection. There is a nice selection of GT3 cars now and they have worked trying to balance them. Makes for good racing. I would like to see them bring in some FWD selections to have a proper Touring Car option. I know they are still working on the Honda Civic. That will be a welcome addition. I'd also like to see a Mini or Clio Cup. Those would sell very well. Anyway...

iRacing. I have to say. I enjoy it very much and will probably keep racing there for quite some time. It has come a long way. I will agree that it is expensive but, you have to pace yourself and only purchase tracks/cars that you will actually use. That's the tricky part: resisting the urge. I have to admit that like all obsessed sim racers - i struggle with that one.

My one complaint is the car selection. There is a nice selection of GT3 cars now and they have worked trying to balance them. Makes for good racing. I would like to see them bring in some FWD selections to have a proper Touring Car option. I know they are still working on the Honda Civic. That will be a welcome addition. I'd also like to see a Mini or Clio Cup. Those would sell very well. Anyway...

Mini? No one cares about racing Mini's. :whistling:

@Connor Caple

Project CARS will sell very well because of the console element. The DLC will do really well also. They stand to make a good amount of cash off this game. I also think that there will be many who are "hard-core" sim racers that will pick up this game, play it way more than the will ever admit it AND even buy some of the DLC. That's right: they will even make money off of some of the haters.:roflmao:

Re : Wet weather grip.

Last time I tried it in the wet was Monday and there is significantly less grip in the wet than the dry, it's not slippy like a shower after a dry spell, it's slippy like it's been raining for days meaning there is more grip available to you than you would imagine. Clean track washed of grease and marbles.

Anyone got experience with wets then you will know you can have a surprising amount of grip when it's moist.
I ride motorcycles (not lately) and it took me a while to trust that my tires would grip in the wet, (not track use) but it was there. Not like driving on a dry surface, I still had to respect the rain, even with traction control (S1000RR). But if I got a little too ambitious, all hell was just a thread from breaking loose! That's my point about PCars concerning the wet.

Then the question is. When it goes from dry to wet - does the rubbered in track become gradually more slippery than outside the rubbered in track? Or is it just more slippery all around, and no benefit of staying off the rubber? And then become more and more neutral as longer it keeps going on.

And then the other way around when it goes from wet to dry. That it actually dries where people are racing, not not the "racing line" by default.

I'm glad to see my children rise each day- anything else is a bonus
Love sim racing, I get only a couple of hours per week to practice/race
l like SCExtreme and AC altho AC I have trouble getting the FF to
not be so stiff and touchy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back