PC2 Project CARS 2 Released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2.jpg

Highly anticipated racing simulation Project CARS 2 has been released today, marking the return of the best selling franchise to both console and PC systems.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios and community backers from the world of sim racing, using the experience of professional race drivers the likes of former Top Gear Stig Ben Collins and sometime Renault Clio racer Nicolas Hamilton, Project CARS 2 looks set to be the most ambitious racing project yet from the British based development team.

Featuring over 180 cars and 60 locations on launch and benefitting from live track technology, advanced weather effects and class leading graphics, Project CARS 2 looks very likely to become yet another best selling release across all platforms following release today.

Unfortunately we have not been able to get access to an advanced copy of the game prior to launch, however in constant quest to bring you all the news and opinion from sim racing (haha, well actually because I cant resist a racing game) I will be purchasing testing this thing thoroughly tonight, with a view to writing up an article over the weekend with my first impressions.

About the Game
  • 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
  • Full 12K & VR Support
  • Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
  • All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
  • LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
  • New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
  • Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
  • State-of-the art physics model
  • Revamped gamepad handling
  • Class-leading Esport capabilities

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community, download some mods and get yourself out on the track in online races for both PC and console.

Well it's here! What do you think? Win, Lose or Draw? Improvement over PC1? Serious rival for the main PC racers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think both of you should give it a rest and step away from the keyboard.
Thanks for stepping in. Well kind of.
He's insulting me. Can't you see it ?

Here's a tip: stop posting. Where do these Trump white nationalists come from? His posting history is one collection of nasty racism.
Go and Make America Great Again and keep your racism away from this website.
Nasty little Trumptard mixing with decent people, makes me sick.
Agreed. I'm away for the next 12 hours. Apologies for derailing the thread. I hate racists, and I hate insidious low key Trump racists. See you tomorrow.

Where did I insult him ?
Worst thing I said is - it's against the rules to write mutli-posts, use edit button.
I don't even know what a hell he's talking about, where did I "insult him" and even more... where did I go racist ?
And why all stupid & pointless Trump talk ? I'm not even near US. Or his ideas.
The guy is obviously delusional.
shrug_n.gif

And if you don't punish him... then you at RD fully deserves the ones like it.

So i should trade my 1080 for a radeon 470.

All in Ultra i didn't get this result.
I will try to make a screen copy, the print screen button does not work.
Use GeForce experience to take screens alt/F1 for screens alt/f9 for vid . It works great ! Im in 4k with vsync on & msaa at med and it looks fantastic !

see this pic using nvids capture from in an MP game in this earlier post

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...box-one-ps4-and-pc.141293/page-4#post-2583154

The only thing this thread got is more people in my ignore list. PC2 forums became like AC, a mix of haters and fanatics. So boring, I guess not visiting any of these threads ever again.
Just wanted my question posted before answered, but people prefer to stick to useless arguments instead. Meh

Played it for 10+ hours yesterday . Way ahead of PC1 . I tweaked the settings (this includes turning down the volume of the tyre screeching) .
I like to play with all settings on full sim as much as possible to see what kind of feedback the cars give . If you have a fairly beastly video card , then pay attention to the graphics settings (I have super sampling on full ) take note to set the frames ahead count because if this is not set up right you will get a 'jumpiness' to the graphics , I have mine set to 1 frame ahead . Tweaking these graphic settings properly gave me a solid 60 fps on 1080p 60hz. also the graphics where beautiful with virtually no aliasing for smooth depthfull clear distance .
I hav'nt had time to test tyre wear properly yet as I was too busy trying out the cars and tracks . The sound is really good , better than PC1 and like everything else in the game it too can be tweaked .
The physics in MHO is way better than PC1 , there seems to be better feel and better feel of contact with the pavement ( a previously bad part to PC1) power drifts are easy and controllable . I don't play with a wheel (yet) I just use a xbox controller .
The dynamic weather is just great and gives way more realism to the racing .
I would rate this 9/10 for car racing and has a good balance between fun and simulation .
Cheers

Half the guys are saying:
"Really good sim. Although not as great as the competition"

Other half:
"It was never intended to be a sim. For it's purpose it can provide lots of fun"

:rolleyes:

I have a take on this ..
we have basically 2 groups here the console gang coming from games like forza, nfs ,shift /add your game here ..who have played a lot with game pads and less with wheels .. all good fun games .

Then theirs the PC guys coming from gtr ,gtr2,rf1,rf2 , AC, AM, add your sim here ..mostly playing with wheels with a few controller players ..

It seems like the PC sim's/games have been more sim than arcade where the console games are more arcade then sim = they are all simcade .

Now for the most part the players coming from the console side see PC2 as amazing ! best FFB ever ! ..ectt.. for what it is it's ground breaking ! ... for what it is ..:) a dash of sim in a simcade shell ...

Then the PC hard core simmer guys are saying mehhh its ok .. but I cant feel front end tire lock , or no weight transfer bla bla .. and they have every right to say this due to there expectations .. one player said he thinks the game is optimized for game pads & that's why he cant feel this or that with a wheel .. :rolleyes:

I come from the PC side & I do like pc2 ! does it have the feel and fidelity of say rf2's FFB ? NO but I don't expect anything to have that feel ...then is it as good as AC ? well not really it's in the same boat ...PC players are used to this hi end type of ffb ..

Now for me pc2's FFB feels great once you dial it in ..is it right or wrong ? well who's to say .. we all determine what we think is right biased on what we feel or are used to or what we here from supposed "real drivers" ...

bottom line : do you have fun playing it ?

PC2 is the first of these simcade hybrids to allow full control of the car in the pit's ! yea ! finally ! so that's a step towards realism lets see that makes rf1,rf2,AM,RR,and now PC2 ,so the only one left that can't do that ,from the supposed BIG 3 in pc sims is .... yup AC ...lol ..
pc2 has an endless amount of FFB adjustments if you feel the need to find that feel your looking for .. but some players will just never find it because they want it to feel like sim xxx or game yyy..
well it doesn't feel like those because it isn't those .. :geek:

I enjoy all the sim's /games I have for what they are .. and pc2 is a masterpiece ! ...for what it is .. lol :D

Last edited:
I have a take on this ..
we have basically 2 groups here the console gang coming from games like forza, nfs ,shift /add your game here ..who have played a lot with game pads and less with wheels .. all good fun games .

Then theirs the PC guys coming from gtr ,gtr2,rf1,rf2 , AC, AM, add your sim here ..mostly playing with wheels with a few controller players ..

It seems like the PC sim's/games have been more sim than arcade where the console games are more arcade then sim = they are all simcade .

Now for the most part the players coming from the console side see PC2 as amazing ! best FFB ever ! ..ectt.. for what it is it's ground breaking ! ... for what it is ..:) a dash of sim in a simcade shell ...

Then the PC hard core simmer guys are saying mehhh its ok .. but I cant feel front end tire lock , or no weight transfer bla bla .. and they have every right to say this due to there expectations .. one player said he thinks the game is optimized for game pads & that's why he cant feel this or that with a wheel .. :rolleyes:

I come from the PC side & I do like pc2 ! does it have the feel and fidelity of say rf2's FFB ? NO but I don't expect anything to have that feel ...then is it as good as AC ? well not really it's in the same boat ...PC players are used to this hi end type of ffb ..

Now for me pc2's FFB feels great once you dial it in ..is it right or wrong ? well who's to say .. we all determine what we think is right biased on what we feel or are used to or what we here from supposed "real drivers" ...

bottom line : do you have fun playing it ?

PC2 is the first of these simcade hybrids to allow full control of the car in the pit's ! yea ! finally ! so that's a step towards realism lets see that makes rf1,rf2,AM,RR,and now PC2 ,so the only one left that can't do that ,from the supposed BIG 3 in pc sims is .... yup AC ...lol ..
pc2 has an endless amount of FFB adjustments if you feel the need to find that feel your looking for .. but some players will just never find it because they want it to feel like sim xxx or game yyy..
well it doesn't feel like those because it isn't those .. :geek:

I enjoy all the sim's /games I have for what they are .. and pc2 is a masterpiece ! ...for what it is .. lol :D
Mod Edit, all are welcome here, please remember this on your return

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 224 88.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 45 17.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 87 34.3%