PC2 Project CARS 2 Released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2.jpg

Highly anticipated racing simulation Project CARS 2 has been released today, marking the return of the best selling franchise to both console and PC systems.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios and community backers from the world of sim racing, using the experience of professional race drivers the likes of former Top Gear Stig Ben Collins and sometime Renault Clio racer Nicolas Hamilton, Project CARS 2 looks set to be the most ambitious racing project yet from the British based development team.

Featuring over 180 cars and 60 locations on launch and benefitting from live track technology, advanced weather effects and class leading graphics, Project CARS 2 looks very likely to become yet another best selling release across all platforms following release today.

Unfortunately we have not been able to get access to an advanced copy of the game prior to launch, however in constant quest to bring you all the news and opinion from sim racing (haha, well actually because I cant resist a racing game) I will be purchasing testing this thing thoroughly tonight, with a view to writing up an article over the weekend with my first impressions.

About the Game
  • 180+ licensed cars from iconic manufacturers
  • Full 12K & VR Support
  • Tested and tuned by pro racing drivers
  • All-new motorsports (IndyCar, Oval Racing, Rallycross) join old favorites incl. GT3
  • LiveTrack 3.0: Dynamic surface & weather physics affect vehicle performance and handling in real-time
  • New loose surface racing (ice, dirt, mud)
  • Full 24-hour cycle featuring real-time atmospheric conditions and seasonal ambience
  • State-of-the art physics model
  • Revamped gamepad handling
  • Class-leading Esport capabilities

Project CARS 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community, download some mods and get yourself out on the track in online races for both PC and console.

Well it's here! What do you think? Win, Lose or Draw? Improvement over PC1? Serious rival for the main PC racers? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
For me its a good buy, but guys dont say that u want hardcore physics when a lot of people here play just iracing ffs.

Well, a small enough proportion of people play it here to have it put in the "Other Racing Games" section, even though it is bigger then many other sims that aren't hidden away in there...

what a mess ..:(.... a very bad game ....buy it and 2 hours later i have my mony back ..... bad graphic and the steering and ffb horror......arcade game PC 1 was good but this a shame .... have a lot of fun with Assetto Corsa :geek:

• Deleted member 99238

BTW, the LIVE-TRACK 3.0 isnt overhyped its lovely to see the water that remains after a storm and the cars drying it.
Only Ayrton Senna could ride in wet weather.
Why do you need all this rain and a live track?

Man what a bunch of wieners ! :roflmao: lol
After tweaking the ffb to my likening its way better than pC1 ,I can finally get rid of the forced center spring feel pC1 has .. now I have it feeling pretty close to how my rf2 feels ,not bad at all ..
The new feature's I really like are the Manual pit control + cool down lap ,you finally have total control of the car the entire time ..and can drive back to the pits after the race .. it also has manual pitting with pit crew mistakes if you turn them on .. the new realism feature's change everything for me ..
I'm totally happy with it !

I set up a WEC style MP session ,full realism with GTE, P1 & P2 @ Spa and it was fantastic ..
If you expecting something new and different from pC1 its not that different - it uses the same game shell but the guts have been totally re done and IMO its a massive improvement .. If you use shared mem for external huds & stuff they give you the option to use the old pc1 protocol ,after all the tac,tire,lap time stuff did not need to change so all your external shared mem apps will still work with pC2 ..I use dash pi and it works perfectly !

We will definitely be hosting some league championships with this over at SRO !
all you haters GFY !! hah :D <jk>
Project Cars 2 09.22.2017 - 12.56.23.03.jpg

• Deleted member 99238

About the haters.
We are all here because we love motorsport, but we do not like people who try to make money by any means.
If it's haters, then I'm also one of them.

My only major issue with the AI is that when start a race , I often get rear ended and spun sideways. Don't understand why the AI gets off to lightning starts but more importantly if my starts are so slow, then they should just go around me instead of rear ending me.

• ronniej

I played Pcars for a bit before Pcars2 was available to play and I was surprised that I thought Pcars looked a little better whether it did or not, I was busy trying to navigate through the walls of UI and set up the Triple screen calibration which didn't really work as expected so I just got on with trying out a GT3 car on Nords....I felt an improvement right away in regards to how it handled and felt. However, for me personally, It felt too much like an update of sorts and it needed to be better.. I refunded.

It wasn't bad at all, so I think if someone likes the new features then it will do nicely.

Man what a bunch of wieners ! :roflmao: lol
After tweaking the ffb to my likening its way better than pC1 ,I can finally get rid of the forced center spring feel pC1 has .. now I have it feeling pretty close to how my rf2 feels ,not bad at all ..
The new feature's I really like are the Manual pit control + cool down lap ,you finally have total control of the car the entire time ..and can drive back to the pits after the race .. it also has manual pitting with pit crew mistakes if you turn them on .. the new realism feature's change everything for me ..
I'm totally happy with it !

I set up a WEC style MP session ,full realism with GTE, P1 & P2 @ Spa and it was fantastic ..
If you expecting something new and different from pC1 its not that different - it uses the same game shell but the guts have been totally re done and IMO its a massive improvement .. If you use shared mem for external huds & stuff they give you the option to use the old pc1 protocol ,after all the tac,tire,lap time stuff did not need to change so all your external shared mem apps will still work with pC2 ..I use dash pi and it works perfectly !

We will definitely be hosting some league championships with this over at SRO !
all you haters GFY !! hah :D <jk>View attachment 212974
Hey mate did you try this combo?
7F1F155A2AF3B57F0EB742EE2F7B3566CBD5E63B

If not i recommend you to do it, the ffb on this AMG monster is excellent !

Well, a small enough proportion of people play it here to have it put in the "Other Racing Games" section, even though it is bigger then many other sims that aren't hidden away in there...
No it's in the main sim racing section in alphabetical order under Nascar Heat.
Gotta love some ppl hating and they haven't even played the game
Yes it reminds me of Amazon book reviews where the reviewer give the book one star and then says they haven't read it yet.:whistling:

Bought PC1 and since I mainly race offline AI is vital to me. AI in PC1 is atrocious and it looks like there's minimal improvement in the new version. Good AI equals a purchase, so right now my pennies are staying in my pocket.

• Deleted member 99238

To say: "im senna", then crash, go into box, change weather into sunny and drive.
I have enough for a couple of laps, then I again become hotlap on a dry track.
Do you need to create a whole game for this purpose is not entirely unambiguous.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back