Progression shout-out thread.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
I noticed while reading this forum that a lot of people are working on their licenses, ratings and standings, so I figured it might be a nice idea to have this one thread where you can shout out your latest marks, achievements and memorable moments.

So, let flow the "Yay, I got my D-license!"-'s, "Yeah, 2000 iRating!"-'s and "Whoohooo, my first victory!"-'s. ;)

Snagged a second-place finish at Irwindale in the SK. Normally this wouldn't be worth a shout-out post as I do tend to get top fives in that series so long as I'm in a split appropriate to my iRating.

What made this one noteworthy was that I started in third, and while I lost two positions on the start, I made them back up against before a quarter of the race was over, and then held off a guy who was a smidge faster than me for most of the remainder.

Was very slow at Irwindale last season, being in the low 18's, when the front runners were in the mid-17's. This time I hit by PB in the race, and while I'm still not as fast as the top-split guys, I hit a 17.779, which is .3 seconds slower than the faster fellas I've seen running this week.

Hence the shout-out: That's a huge improvement for me, and though I didn't win, I think it might've been my best SK run, especially considering that it was a zero-incident run even though I had a guy two-tenths behind me for much of the race.

Just made it to SR over 3 (3.53 at the moment) and have 5 wins in the Nvidia Cup at Lime Rock Park. I've realized that the only way to do well (in Rookie series) is to do it the Sebastian Vettel way.... qualify on pole and then leave everyone far behind so they can do you no harm :).

Just got a 3rd at ponoco in the trucks, We didnt have much in the way of pace cars out in fact only twice it came out so some very good laps done. I was up against a lot of A class drivers and Bs and yet i came through to 3rd. This has to be the best driving i have done for such a long time i just have to shout it out :)

I know the Street Stock cars are considered 'Rookie' cars, but after a break of nearly 3 years from oval racing (NR2003), i won my first race at South Boston, starting from 4th.

I really enjoyed the race too, and it felt great to accomplish something after so long away from it :)

Kind of on subject, my MPR tells me i need 4 more races in both road and oval before being considered for promotion (SR is fine).

Now, i`ve raced WAY more than 4 races, all series too, and it still tells me the same.

Am i missing something? Are there only certain races that count towards that section?

iRacing is like drugs me thinks.. (I just heard, relax)

Both things doesn't last long and are overprized.
Both things are good.. (Me thinks)
Too get the best you need to spend a lot of money, and take big risks)
When you don't have it anymore, you just want it even more. :)

Hi Kris, in order for the races to count towards your MPR you must race in your current car class. For example, if you are Class D Road and looking to get promoted to Class C. You would need to race in Class D events, in cars such as the Skippy or Mustang. Races in Rookie class would not count towards your current MPR. Also, those races need to be official events (have a minimum number of drivers in the race). That number is usually around 10 after you get promoted from Rookie I think.

Promotions take place at the end of seasons. Rookie seasons last only 4 weeks, then Rookies get promoted if they have met their MPR and Safety Rating of 3.0. Class D and higher seasons run longer (8-12 weeks) with promotions handled after completion of the seasons. Although, you can do the fast track method. If you can get your Safety Rating over 4.0 you immediately get promoted.

Kind of on subject, my MPR tells me i need 4 more races in both road and oval before being considered for promotion (SR is fine).

Now, i`ve raced WAY more than 4 races, all series too, and it still tells me the same.

Am i missing something? Are there only certain races that count towards that section?

My SR isn`t far from 4.0 in both road and oval, but i get what you mean now.

I dont think i own any D class cars, besides the Radical..... and there aren`t any races for that anymore. I suppose thats one way of getting people to buy content.

Thanks for the info Saul :)

My pleasure :)

The Radical is actually a class C Car. If you're almost into class C I would recommend the Grand Am series, participation seems to be good overall and it's a lot of fun! You'll need both cars though, so if you plan on running in it you'll need the Class D Mustang anyways.

I hear you regarding the Radicals. A few other series are pretty poor right now too. V8 Supercars very rarely have enough people in them for an official race in my time zone. Indy car is another one, which is really unfortunate because I LOVE that car! I was checking out the F1 car for class A, absolutely no participation at all... In both the class A series and the Rookie Fun Runs..

So in terms of Road Racing outside of Rookie. It seems Skippy, Mustang, Star Mazda, Grand-Am, Proto/GT Challenge are where it's at for official races.

A nice little tip, when you're looking to figure out what car you want to race check the race history. Go to the Series Home Page, and click on "Results". There you will see all the recent races, at each time slot. Check the time slots you would normally race in to see the participation level.

Also, some series only run every second day. Best way to find out the specific schedule of a series is to use the Race Planner on your dashboard. Great Tool!

Made the jump from Week 13 Street Stocks pretty much straight away to Tour Mods. First race was a mind melter, had to get used to big tracks (Richmond), a night race, 20 cars, 100 laps and cautions all at once. Plus all these features dipped my FPS into the 30's, which became apparent only after the race had started on the pace laps. A true seat of the pants learning experience.

I started the first race in 16th, found Richmond fit my skill set perfectly, and deftly (if I may say so myself) fell only 1 lap down after 40+ straight green laps. I even kept out of scuffles until lap 92, which, while one will always think they did the right thing and the blame lies elsewhere, I can man up and say it was a simple racing deal. Finished 9th.

Laid straight into the next race available and started mid pack. Confidence boosted, I started with the racing right away. I kept her smooth and steady, making clean passes, setting people up with over-unders, watching as they sawed their way through corners while I sat back and waited until their gear went up in smoke, and eventually made it to 2nd about 5 seconds behind leader. 1st caution on lap 30ish, everyone 5th and under pits, leader stays so I stay. The green flies, and with no one holding me up, I stay somewhat with the leader (whose qualifying time was well better than my PB) losing only .1 per lap while still saving my car and driving within my limits. 50 laps of green later, I and he lap nearly the entire field. Just as 3rd was about to go 1 down, the yellow waves. Leader again stays out, and I'm freaking out because I've never been 80 deep on 1 set of skins. The green flies and 3rd got the perfect start and rockets past me on brand new tires. Still, 4 laps later and on baloney skins, I take him coming off T2 and the yellow flies again. Leader finally pits and I follow him in, putting us in 3rd and 4th. The green waves for the final time and that lucky dog gets P1 coming out of T2 while I'm stuck behind the 2 guys on old tires. I take 3rd as P3 washes up T3, a lap later I take 2nd as P2 washes up in T1, and with 5 to go I mat it. I bomb the corners faster than ever, pile into the brakes more than I've ever done, and it's working. The Race Is On! I'm catching him, and catching him, and....I run out of laps :D. Finished 1.2 behind a way faster A class guy, only .002 off his race average, set a new PB and had the fast lap of the race.

Top 5 racing experiences, real or not, ever in life. This iR deal is something else

A limey blasting up the oval ranks? Nick, what would the Queen think?!

Just kidding, of course :wink: Gratz on the B!

I had another ripping Tour Mod race and I'm right behind you. Started 12th and saw quali times of 20.6X, 20.6X, 20.6X, 20.7X, 20.7X...I thought I was done for. My PB of 21.007 would have only been good enough for 9th, but still riding on a cloud of good Tour vibes, I figured I'd give it the old college try.

By lap 7 I made it to 10th with 8th and 9th battling door to door right in front of me. Coming out of T2, 8th touches the apron and pitches it sideways right in front of me. I kept my foot in it thinking he had it saved, but no. I can barely make out his front wheels through the cloud of smoke as he spins, but can see he's still full throttle trying to keep his car down out of the race line. I aim for his rear bumper assuming that by the time I get there he'll have powered out of the way...just as he thinks he's good to go and goes full lock on the brakes! I do just enough of a jerk to try to avoid him without driving straight into the outside wall, see I'm probably going to just barely clip him,...and watch as 9th hits him intead, spinning 8th out of my line as 9th goes up on 2 wheels and into the outside wall. I crank her back to the left now that it's open, hoping that 9th doesn't rebound back into my side, get all squirrely, save it, and continue on unscathed. Heart racing, palms sweating, top notch stuff :cool:

Just 2 laps after the restart, I'm running comfortably in 8th gently shadowing 7th when we get to T3 where 3rd, 4th and 5th dive in 3 wide. Cor blimey! The pickle in the middle is smoking the right front trying to stay of the high guy when the right front finally gains purchase, pitching him into a drift. He checks up and saves it, just to have the low guy check up too late and give him a knock. This pitches his rear out again, and just as he's about to save it...again...the low guy apparently has had enough and just drives right through him. 3rd spins low, 4th spins up into 6th, and I'm having Cole Trickle flashbacks. Looking ahead to see where I need to go, I don't notice that 7th has fully locked the binders right in front of me! I crank right as I close my eyes for impact...and the wheel doesn't jiggle! An instinctive quick crank back left pitches it sideways, I saw at the wheel, peddle the throttle, save it and look up,... no X. I was dead sure the game glitched and I drove through 7ths car, but replay showed I literally missed him by less than 2 inches. From the above view you can see just a sliver of track, like 4 pixels, between our wheels. Kudos to iR's collision detection, just superb :)

The last 80 laps were somewhat uneventful. I got caught up with trying to run with the .2 faster guys and raped my RF, which didn't allow the looseness I built into the set to reveal itself in later laps, and I can't drive a tight car properly. I settled into my steady on race pace and brought home a respectable 5th, on the lead lap, with no inc.

I just came into some RL money so hopefully can expand my stable of cars and tracks. 3.99 C class with 1 more race for MPR, hopefully with more tracks and a higher license I'll start seeing you guys in competition. Until then, happy racing :)

Carl ill be waiting on ya mate :)

I love the Ovals to be honest, always thought id hate it but these trucks are such fun. Met some cool guys playing them too as well as some dirty racers but i can hit a top 4 every race if im not smacked out of the way. Its very nice for a change to not be an also ran and to be contending for the poduims.

Be quick Carl cause you will love the trucks

Very first indy car race last night and what a race it was, At the start lots of yellows but i held my car away from the problems and kept my head. I started 8th on the grid due to me bothering to quali which was a good thing in this case.

I managed to hold off and get a 5th which in my very first race with one TT and one quali before was suprising to be honest. Still i need to adjust the setup a little as its as stable as hell but not the fastest.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back