Progression shout-out thread.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
I noticed while reading this forum that a lot of people are working on their licenses, ratings and standings, so I figured it might be a nice idea to have this one thread where you can shout out your latest marks, achievements and memorable moments.

So, let flow the "Yay, I got my D-license!"-'s, "Yeah, 2000 iRating!"-'s and "Whoohooo, my first victory!"-'s. ;)

Just FT to Road C3.42 last night after a 4th place (of 22) finish in a single split session in the 'Stang. Will probably continue to run the Thrustmaster series for the rest of the season, dabbling in V8's and Star Mazda whe they get to tracks that I'm familliar with.

Still running trucks, but this is an off week with the wreck fest that is Bristol, for some reason Bristol's great up to SK/LM ans after that the speeds are just too much for the track. ( or the talent of half the drivers!)

Fast tracked my way into Class A Road.

Have all the Road Cars I intend on purchasing now (everything minus the Lotus & Jetta), and almost all the Road tracks.

I'd say at this point I'm pretty much hooked on this ;) and heavily invested :p

Fast tracked to C licence just now. :)
All started with a 1.06 on the licence from the Spa GP at the week end. 4 races in the mustang round Suzuka and one TT later c licence.
YA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Watch out all you C's, theres a new Zoomie on the track... : )

George

Woohoo.

I bought the Skippy a couple of days ago and since then my safety rating has increased loads :)
Took me about 10 practice laps to get used to the handling, but for me, it brought back my days of balancing the cars on the brakes and throttle at the same time from Nascar 2003 :)

Got it to 4.6something before i jumped to class C.

Now i`m ready to lose my SR8 cherry and carry on up the ladder.

On side note, class D oval cars, are they Chevy Impala, Monte Carl SS and the Modified SK?
If so, which is the better (more fun) car to drive, given that i enjoy the Street Stocks quite alot?

I have never been in a SK race ever even though I have it so I cannot really answer that for your Kris. However I do have the latemodel or "monte carlo SS" and it is alot of fun. You can find a multiple good setup for every race in the forums every week as well. Plus the races are always full and official. You do however get jerks in there every once in a while but I think that is goes with any of them. Most of the people are pretty nice and respectful if you treat them the same. I have really enjoyed the races I have done in the late model.

Grats on the wins guys!!!

Just FAST tracked to B BABY!!! Boy was it hard. I started this week with the goal of getting my B Oval, and I did.At NHMS a track I hate nonetheless. I am also so freakin close to my first win in the Trucks it is driving crazy. Came close last week but got loose and wrecked with 15 to go. Got a 2nd this week and a 3rd but just couldn't catch the leader. Next week fast track to A oval.

@ Kris - I'm a Modified guy, just love them. However, with the giant tires they handle nothing like a Street Stock (Mods much less pushy), they only run every other day (Mon - SK, Tues - Tour, Wed - SK, etc) and the races, at least for me, are a little hard to come by. I usually race at 12a EST and the 12:15 race just barely makes official. The 2:15 race almost never goes official. It is nice, though, that for just the cost of the Mod cars plus a few tracks, you can level right up to B class. A very good class IF participation is right during your race hours.

Thanks for the info guys.

I think i`ll go with the Late Model, as it seems more like my thing (plus i have most of the seasons tracks lol)

I`m not too fussed about getting to Class A, B whatever as quick as i can, i just want to have fun races with competative people.
Even though i`ve moved up to class C in Road, i`m still racing in the Skippy and the MX5`s, as i enjoy those cars.

I know its only £4.something, but i`m going to wait until next payday (2 weeks) to buy the Late Model. It`ll give me more time to enjoy the lower classes before i feel obliged to race the bigger cars :)

I went and got one of them thar pickem up trucks. All I can say is...:D!!!

After 3 hours of practice at NHMS, I felt done in. In any car I can hop in and get within .3sec of the top times, Trucks I was 1.2 off no matter what I tried. T2 of NHMS was kryptonite; after 3 hours of practice my long run without spinning was 7 laps. And the race was 90. :frown:

Hell with it, says I. I'll run my limit, in the back, and get some race feel. I found that Trucks is exactly the type of racing I was built for. The long haul, the save your stuff til the end, the race management, the strategy, the time to let stuff unfold and the ability to adapt to it. My 1.2 off lead pace resulted in a rookie debut finish of 4th and the best iRacing experience I ever had!

Second race, same deal. A full second off the leaders, crazy 5 lap door to door battles, taking chances when it was smart and letting it go when it wasn't found me in 2nd with 25 to go and the leader 2 sec ahead. We all already had 30 laps on our gear, but my steady on driving style gave me more than most, and I started reeling the leader in. Caught him with 10 to go and expected him to squirrel up under the pressure, but he was a good wheeler and held me off. With 3 to go I went for it, dove low, and we synchronized drifted out of the corner, fighting tooth and nail for the win. He was a better squirrel than I, though, and put a second back on me. I screamed the last two laps and caught him going into T3 on the white flag lap. I dive low, hold it, and he squeezes down on me. Contact! He starts to slide, I put the power down...and then let up so he can gather it back up. The Gentleman Racer finished 2nd.

3rd race was last night, my first ever top split action. I start 15th of 16, 1.3 seconds off the leader and of equal pace as 10th place. Yikes. Long story short, it was same ol' same ol' and come the yellow flag with 8 laps to go...I'm in 4th! Figuring everyone's going to pit I duck in only to see I'm the only S.O.B. in the pits >< No!!! The humanity!! Green / white / checker finish and I drove like a man possessed, avoiding the craziness of door banging and truck sliding as everyone hangs it out for the final 2 lap surge to the finish. Came back for a proud 6th.

I don't think I've ever been so proud of a stats page as I am of mine right now. Other than 1 Mod race where I got collected for a 10inc, start 8 - finish 8 result, it's a thing of beauty. NTM is broken? Who gives a rip! This is retarded fun :D

Well my Debute in the Impala B was bittersweet. First race was a disaster started towards the back, but had a really good setup. But 4 laps in car infront get loose off the corner. I check up but still contact is made. The guy behind didn't and bulldozed me. I come back out 14 laps later with a still good car just to salvage some SR. 30 laps later I get collected in wreck ending my race. 2nd race tonight saw me starting 4th 5 laps in leader and 2nd get together I clip one of them spining andd get hit. Pit for repairs lose only one lap. So I go into go mode 40ish laps later a caution comes out leaders pit. I stay out gaining back my lap. A long run follows seeing me on fumes. I pit just as a caution comes out with 15 to go. I scurry back out on track a lap down. I nearly run out of gas under yellow. I took her home in 11th out of 26.

Thanks George =). Had another ripping good Truck race. Had a chance to win but ran out of talent fighting for the lead. Looped 'er and got my first ever X and first ever damage, but some creative pitting saved me a 4th place. I'm lovin' this stuff :D

To my fellow circle trackers - Maybe I'm suffering delusions of grandeur, but my recent success has me thinking I should share more than the odd war story. I see RD's Setup section is painfully devoid of good ol' country ovalness, so I'm beginning to add some content for us. Unfortunately for you weirdos that drive normal cars (lol :wink:) I'm currently a Truck and Mod guy and have nothing for you.:frown:(NW and CoT may come later) But, if you like racing things that have no business being raced (pickem up trucks) or turning laps in a proper open wheeler (Mods came first, after all!) you should start seeing content in the coming weeks. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I claim no responsibility for what you may do, or what may happen, with my (sometimes) devilishly loose setups. But, while I'm not exactly a whiz at this stuff nor do I have many hours per week to troubleshoot, I will try to help with requests to tweak the setups I provide to your liking. Results not guaranteed, your mileage may vary, please tip your host :wink:

I held my first simrace ever (in life, not just in iRacing) two days ago on Okoyama Short Course Circuit, nVidia cup with Mazda MX-5 Roadster. Absolutely fantastic, although I still drive like a piece of **** :) Only one bad thing happened but fortunately I didn't cause it. A guy in front of me "catched the grass" as he said, he turned over and I couldn't even react (I managed to drive around him, but his car bumped into my rear) and I spinned too (4x inc.). One of my rear wheels was heavily damaged and I had to pit, which took about 1 minute, so it basically ruined my minimal chances to at least catch up with the leader. I finished 7/10 with -2 laps, but I was very happy at that moment because I finished and that was my goal. So I'm very happy and I like simracing very much - you have to be patient, precise and you have to know the right time to admit your defeat. Happy racing!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back