Pro Server Weekend

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As you might have noticed already. The RPMnet RACE servers are set on full race weekend distances with changeable weather, forced cockpit view and no automatic gears allowed.
Tested it myself the last two hours and noticed, even in een public room, the rammers stay out and i got fair races with good drivers.
Whats your opinion about it?

Worth a try I suppose. I'm also not a great fan of forced cockpit view, so it will probably keep me off for the weekend as well. I was hoping to do some practicing at Oschers.
Might have been a good idea to keep at least one server open for the Racing Club.
But, lets see how it works out.

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Skip the forced cockpitview please.

I think that'll be the significant reason for peeps to stay off the server.

my personal reason for that: I hate to look over two steering wheels that don't turn synchronally.
And the sideview in comparison to hoodview decreases the possibility to detect
cars on your height.

Full race length is great.
Changeble weather...hmm...never tried it :) why not?

• Marko Hartikainen

Have to say I'm absolutely stunned by the amount of non cockpit users, never using anything else myself:)

Of course everyone is allowed to use what they feel is best

• Hackett

Sounds awesome. Tried the same sort of thing when I first got hold of RACE, but the online interest was non existent.

"No Cockpit View!!!" Now I know why folks get consistently insane lap times and high finishing positions. (That plus some excellent setups.)

I only drive with "Pit" on, and for any serious virtual driver out there, it should be the only way to drive.
One could could almost forgive open wheelers for driving on the bonnet, but these are Tin-Tops. you can't do that. It's akin to cheating in my opinion.

Each to their own on public servers, but for RPM I would expect more discipline. Not a slur, just an opinion.

Brad.

It's akin to cheating in my opinion.

Each to their own on public servers, but for RPM I would expect more discipline. Not a slur, just an opinion.

Brad.

I think "Cheating" is a bit rough. :( I can (and have) drive in either view, but much prefer bonnet view because:
Better / safer view to see and avoid other cars
Better fps on my system
I get sea sick from the rolling of the camera in corners if I use cockpit view (maybe I need to fiddle with options some more)
Some cars have better cockpit views than others

With a bit of practice, my times aren't that much different, but as a courtesy to my fellow competitors, I "prefer" the safer (for me anyway) bonnet view (set as far back as possible).

I'm willing to bet that the "folks with insane laptimes" get pretty much the same results in either view. :)

I have to agree with Warren...
I also think its alot safer to race with bonnet view. You can se more of the surroundings. Its easier to see how close you are to the car infront.
And the "racing line" is more vissible.

As this is a simulation i love a forced cockpit view. I always drive cockpit view, it is more difficult but adds a lot to the realism.

Almost all pro leagues have a forced cockpit view.

Besides i never saw a real race with the driver on the roof or running behind the car.

i never saw a real race with 2 steeringwheels and 2 sets of arms infront of me either...
this is a simulation dont mean i have to roleplay as tho i'm ina car... i play it for fun instead :p

i get alot more fun out of the nose view.. and i got the entire view in my monitor to see whats going on instead of this tiny bit of window.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back