Post your videos thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added a movable body that can handle bone animation and physics

You can see why that could be useful

Thx Mitch for making a little demo !
Ok, so these last days I'm making some "heavy" tests on skeletons/physics & all that stuff...still lots of questions on my mind !

Could you show us how your geometry file + your special ini file looks like & what exactly you've done to get that animated skeleton collide with the car ? For now, I got some error trying to do the same as you did...

Looking your movie, that guy gets 'skeletaly' animated & then collides/interacts like a ragdoll, once hit, the animation stops & Racer physics engine simulates the collision... that's so cool !!!

Tracked 'Physics' tab issue :

"Failed to load bones & animation for this mesh"
Even though, I have everything ready, tracks reduced, anim file which go with it, etc...

What's the trick ?
Need my new 'sweet' babes to get hit when they're shaking their asses along the track , hahha ! :D

babes.jpg

Hi Quadcore, physics combined with animation is only supported in the next release of Racer. So you will have to wait a bit to test this new feature.
Also, i can see that your bones are badly exported since the directions and lengths of the bones are all wrong in your screenshot. Are you using character studio in studio max? Probably not .. you really should !!! there are problems with exporting bones created with the bone tool in studio max, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Do yourself a favour and use character studio ! Lots easier to use.

In the video i use a triggerline to switch from animation to physics. In the next release of Racer you will be able to use the command "toggleanim" to switch between animation and physics.
For example "anicmd 0 toggleanim" ..

At your service
Mitch

Hi Quadcore, physics combined with animation is only supported in the next release of Racer. So you will have to wait a bit to test this new feature.
Also, i can see that your bones are badly exported since the directions and lengths of the bones are all wrong in your screenshot. Are you using character studio in studio max? Probably not .. you really should !!! there are problems with exporting bones created with the bone tool in studio max, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Do yourself a favour and use character studio ! Lots easier to use.

In the video i use a triggerline to switch from animation to physics. In the next release of Racer you will be able to use the command "toggleanim" to switch between animation and physics.

At your service
Mitch

Speaking of new releases, any idea when the next one will be?

Alex Forbin

At your service
Mitch

Thx for explanations !

I'll give character studio a try & see if I can fix those bones directions & lengths for proper simulations for the future. I tend to use IK (Inverse kinematics techniques) to animate characters & then transfer the interpolated values (keyframes) over the bones/joints. Should be doable in Max too I guess.

Really cool stuff :wink:

my standard lap around factory test track with the good ol' evo7

lap time was 1:34,5, best lap with the evo if I remember correctly was about 1:31, I don't think I ever got it past 1:30

unfortunately, youtube did something nasty to the quality :(

Good Job Raphael !! I love it !

So how did you do it ?
Do you mind sharing your Cg code/particle sytem?

I'm interested & will try eventually to make it even better ? alpha overlaying some more particles systems as most actual games do. Did you try it already ?

I want to showcase you Shift particle systems, but it's a huge code & more files than Racer are involved, still it resembles a lot ! I'll try to regroup the code + the textures, so we can start to make highly 'realistic' particles systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes