Post your videos thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a cool feature:good: But it should be the other way round right? Closed at high speed and opened up at low speed.
Not really , at 120 km/h the spoiler is opened at 70 degrees and close at 80 km/h. The flaps open just when speed is higher than 180 and the engine temperature is 120 ºc =D.

Nice work.

Would be cool to have the spoiler popping up actually adjusting the aero properties of the car too
biggrin.png

Dave

Yes , it would be awesome . I'm trying to animate Veyron Spoilers , a little bit complicated.

Hi, here is a video showing my laguna with an automatic gearbox script. The script allow 4 gearbox mode (R,N,D and semi automatic). We can switch between modes by pressing the key "M".
Btw, since the video the script has been fully redone from scratch (but a lot of inspiration from the stereo's one), the bug between 1st and 2nd is now fixed :)
It also uses the turbo scripts made by stereo but a bit modified by me
The car still needs some ini tweaks i guess, color variants and fix the qlog errors, and i think it will be ok ! :D

Looks pretty good, Racer's standard automatic mode is totally useless unless you're slaming the pedal to the metal! It seems like it shifts a bit late for the amount of throttle given, but it's already an improvement! :D

Looks pretty good, Racer's standard automatic mode is totally useless unless you're slaming the pedal to the metal! It seems like it shifts a bit late for the amount of throttle given, but it's already an improvement! :D
Thanks, i'm agree with you for this version, maybe i should do a video showing the version 2 of the scripts and you'll give me feedback, but i'm agree it's a bit hard to find the good shifting point

If you can put a gauge on screen showing the throttle input, then it'd be better for us to gauge how good the automatic logic is.

Cheers

Dave

Hi, here is the video of the version 2 of the script, i hope you will see the setting in the video, because i don't realy know wich is best setting to have great video quality in youtube..

What do you think? :) I love this car :cool:

being a huge fan of AMGfan work and also gran turismo i have to ask, does that version of gran valley speedway work on recent racer racers and can you share?
i still getting used to racer and its way of working, so i can start making my own stuff, i may start a CRX as my first car. I still seing how will i do it but i hope to star real soon

Having a bit of fun with broken cameras. :p
So.. when is Racer going to get cameras that are not terrible? (I know that there are other broken ones used by this car atm, but this one was more fun to try and drive with in the latest version of Racer)

Hehehe

FRAPS @ 25fps does good captures from Racer!

I was making some videos last night as a test, gonna try record some multiplayer and post it up soon. Also want to get a dedicated (almost) Racer multi-player server running soon too, just for fun :D

Dave

5000 x trees with a wavy shader, and they took fps from around 100fps to 95fps...

I think I can probably get more fps with lots more optimisations and batch tweaking etc.

Just need to finalise the actual road surface, it's still not perfect to the real one, and then there are all the camber/crown tweaks to add in, before I can finally start to build the verges, kerbs, footpaths, walls etc etc...

Should be good when it's finished though :D

Dave

Which verts? The terrain does have a few holes in it if you mean those :D

The tree ones can't be welded, each tree is just 8 verts, 4 tris, or two quads.

I just need to refine the shader, just messing about in that video. Where it works properly it looks pretty good.

I still might think about adding some 3D trees, but for now I'm happy with the xtrees. There is PLENTY more things to be doing rather than worrying about trees haha!

Envmap is set to 0, but I turn the update down to one side per frame... since it was running 25FPS for fraps, it probably makes the envmap look a bit jumpy :(
I might turn it back to 6 for fraps recording :D

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%