F1 2010 Post Patch 1.01 Issues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

can anyone confirm that in wet/dry race .... when you are in the gravel, there is no shadow on tires? ...... also .. seems that on wet race all the cars have spray now (in replay mode) .. though not very prominent like the one you have.

Hi all, was about 15 days I did not play the game until the patch of today:

-I started from scratch (I mean I have removed the game from Steam and re-installed it) then applied the patch
-I use Logitech G25
-Setting the resolution and settings to ULTRA HIGH for DX11
-Autosave is working perfectly
-Frame rate is really improved
-Tried Monaco in heavy rain and I saw no puddles in water in the beginning, then with the camera in the cockpit the puddles slowly appears
-A little less feeling of force feedback
-Put some RDDev textures in the game and lighting Mods and they work fine
-Spray of all cars in the replays

my system:
Q9550 Quad Core
GTX 480 AMP!
8GB of RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
P2770H 27" Monitor

Just over wrote the modded files with the original ones and reinstalled the patch and it appears the save feature appears to work.

Now to see if its any specific mod thats doing that or just if any file is modded in someway that prevents the save feature....

Hi all, was about 15 days I did not play the game until the patch of today:

-I started from scratch (I mean I have removed the game from Steam and re-installed it) then applied the patch
-I use Logitech G25
-Setting the resolution and settings to ULTRA HIGH for DX11
-Autosave is working perfectly
-Frame rate is really improved
-Tried Monaco in heavy rain and I saw no puddles in water in the beginning, then with the camera in the cockpit the puddles slowly appears
-A little less feeling of force feedback
-Put some RDDev textures in the game and lighting Mods and they work fine
-Spray of all cars in the replays

my system:
Q9550 Quad Core
GTX 480 AMP!
8GB of RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
P2770H 27" Monitor

What do you mean with water puddles slowly appearing? Over the course of the race or at the start?

I can't even see a wet track. It just looks dark, but there is no water shader on it.

My game was saving info, but not in career. I had only done four races so no big loss for me . i started a fresh career and now it save ok. So i reinstalled my old career and no saves in the careere again, So back to a restart in my career and all ok again. played around with old career with setting in wheather it all gets messed up , So for me its a new start and all is great everything works better than before in career mode as for the rest of the game all is better than before. for me the patch is a resounding success (BIG SMILE on my face ) i have never installed a mods in this game.. But i had i quick look online and it looks like the cheats are still there grip and speed mods the way i was overtaken round a corner. i was expecting to be punted but no.,,, right round the outside like i was standing still..... i dont useually go in open rooms so this is no real worry for me ....conclusion is, mods can work online and in tt

Please tell me this patch update is a joke????

Hi there all,

Got in from work this evening to boot my rig up for a bit of F1 action, to see that windows live suggested i downloaded the long awaited 'patch' from codemasters.
I have been keen to get this update, as the PC specific updates seemed to fit the bill as far as sorting out some of the issues I have complained about already on this forum about this game...
The patch must be a joke patch or something as the game has gone backwards, with regards to the PC specific problems, and i quote:

These are the PC specific updates:
1. PC ‘replay saving’ and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.
Not sure about this as I haven't been bothered to test this yet.
2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, “ultra” settings for ’shadows’ and ‘postprocess’. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.
Same as above
3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)
It supported 3x1 screens in eyefinity already. Now their 'update' has removed eyefinity from everything apart from the racing - what is the point in that? It totally takes away from the point of eyefinity
4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.
I seriously doubt this, i have an 8 core processor and this game is running far slower than it was before the update.
5. Additional Support – Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available ‘modern’ processors, like Core i7, which wasn’t correctly detected previously.
Same as above.

FPS running eyefinity is down in the menu's from 120 to 60.
FPS running eyefinity in the game or races is down from a stable 55-60FPS to 25-30.

I've tried running this with 1x 5970 GB with ai catalyst on and off and also with both 5970's i have (So in CrossfireX / Quadfire) and it is even worse than my previous posts.
It won't even load the game with the two 5970's in the PC.

I would post this on the Codemasters forums, but they are down at the moment too!

This is really beyond a joke and quite frankly ridiculous.
If I've done something wrong I apologise, but I am running all the latest drivers and CCC 10.10c
Is anyone else experiencing the same problems with my hardware? If not, please let me know what you are doing... All I want to know is how to play this game in eyefinity in the highest possible settings!!!!!

I tried the game after the patch, and found everything graphics wise was reset.. so i tried to change the settings and all i get is a blank screen and i can hear the menu sounds in the background.. It will let me run 1200x600 only, where as before i was running 1980x1820 (approx) before this stuid patch.. I had no problems before the patch, i was running top spec graphics at a very good frame rate, now, ts all gone horribly wrong!!
codemasters, what have you done!!!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back