Cars Porsche 911 (991) GTA / GT3 cup

Worse tires, a bit more aero, the weight's different, and some other stuff. Also my physics philosophy's a bit different than Kunos' was anyway. (not to mention that it's a different model year than the Kunos car)

I would love to hear some details about that from a physics wiz to a normal person please?
In what ways is Kunos philosophy re. car physics unique and how does it differ from yours?

This will hopefully explain why it took so long !! :) and hopefully it will be worth the wait

cockpit01.jpg

cockpit02.jpg

cockpit03.jpg

cockpit04.jpg

cockpit05.jpg

He did initially yes, but I was told that we can't use those anymore unfortunatelly, so at least for the time being the sound will be re-using Kunos, but maybe McF1papa have already someone in mind to do sounds so yeah, let's see

thanks guys! yeap it's been coming along nicely, it just took ages, becasue when Kunos announced theirs, I didn't want to work on it in case it was the same one, and then I also got busy with my other projects,

but I think I'm back into full swing on this one, trying to finish it so that it can be released

Things like LODs will probably come later on though, since they are time consuming quite a bit

He did initially yes, but I was told that we can't use those anymore unfortunatelly, so at least for the time being the sound will be re-using Kunos, but maybe McF1papa have already someone in mind to do sounds so yeah, let's see

thanks guys! yeap it's been coming along nicely, it just took ages, becasue when Kunos announced theirs, I didn't want to work on it in case it was the same one, and then I also got busy with my other projects,

but I think I'm back into full swing on this one, trying to finish it so that it can be released

Things like LODs will probably come later on though, since they are time consuming quite a bit

It is a shame Fonsecker is not on board with the sounds - I really, really enjoy his sounds for the Kunos GT3 R and could not live without it.

You may want to get in touch with @ACFAN what he has done with the Kunos 911 RSR 2017 sounds is simply MAGIC and I understand he is working on a sound package for the Kunos 911 GT3 R - I am sure he could come up with a fantastic pack for a GT3 Cup provided good sound samples are available ;-)

Do you guys have access to a racing team who is running one of these?

It would be ESPECIALLY great if this 911 GT3 Cup would actually allow for realisic suspension setup along what the Porsche factory manual suggests (Kunos Porsche 911 racecars very unfortunately have a couple of serious mistakes in terms of suspension setups such as suggested factory base setups are well outside of the setup windows and you are not even able to set up the cars to factory specs, also even getting to the close end of setting up the car to factory specs the rear diffusor is already WELL OUT of its window of downforce efficiency which I refuse to believe porsche would suggest in their customer race car owners manuals, also suspension alignment measure pickup points are clearly defined in the owners manuals - it would be amazing if you would with this mod take reference and align those with the telemetry data channel readouts so teams and enthusiasts are actually able to crossreference Assetto Corsa data with the real deal).

You have the opportunity here to make this mod a technically more accurate package than the Kunos car. The same goes for technical features, as apparently in some regions details such as ABS differ in homologation (I did not check this but I hear some racing leagues run the Kunos Porsche 911 GT3 Cup with ABS disabled as it is closer to specs of the local Porsche cup homologation).

I am looking verry much forward to this mod as I love ANYTHING Porsche related so very much.

Regarding only doing LODs later - you definitely want to benchmark the car extensively with Content Manager developer mode active (click several times on the version number to allow for activating, then analyze the car in Dev mode and follow e gguide lines re. polycounts, texture sizes, etc).

With latest dynamic lights shader features of GPU and CPU optimization features there have been added some new ways of culling data to increase performance. One of those features does minimize load when loading several identical car models (like in a Porsche Supercup field) - if those features pan out (currently some of these new optimizations are not finalized and in some cases cause bugs as they are in development) you might just get away with never having to make LODs although it is very much advised especially with people who have to run on old gear.

I really hope you guys are doing lots and lots of telemetry data testing with this new mod and are in touch with people who run these cars for the best possible outcome in terms of close to reality suspension setups, tire behavior and performance. If you need any help with that aspect, let me know.

Regarding only doing LODs later - you definitely want to benchmark the car extensively with Content Manager developer mode active (click several times on the version number to allow for activating, then analyze the car in Dev mode and follow e gguide lines re. polycounts, texture sizes, etc).
Don't worry, the guys in charge of this mod are well aware of how to best go about their LODs.

The suggestions in CM aren't all that useful anyway, you can put together a setup of LODs that exceeds many of the latest Kunos cars and I'll grade it poorly - the tri counts it suggests aren't in line with kunos anyway (nor does it mention or take into account anything about reducing draw calls).

You have the opportunity here to make this mod a technically more accurate package than the Kunos car. The same goes for technical features, [.........]

I really hope you guys are doing lots and lots of telemetry data testing with this new mod and are in touch with people who run these cars for the best possible outcome in terms of close to reality suspension setups, tire behavior and performance.
The cars IER has released are more accurate than the Kunos cars in AC...we're not going to change our process at all just because it's a Porsche. To be completely honest, the available data isn't really even that extensive - it's actually rather lackluster in places. It's a Cup car (sort of); documentation was lacking because it didn't particularly matter to the real teams (not like they could change much). Also, please realize you addressed your post to a professional 3D artist and a physics developer who has worked with over a dozen real teams and been producing cars for AC for five years.

Anyway, as far as priorities go, the P13c is taking precedent at the moment.

Don't those automatic LOD making utilities just simplify the car while dramatically increasing/doing nothing to the draw calls? From what I understand, texture streaming and draw calls is the big thing: polygons barely impact performance comparatively in modern engines.

I'd be happy to help. I've already done a GT3-R sound mod so I'd just need to replace the engine samples in that, perhaps a rework of the transmission too and new beautiful external sounds from that vid.

:inlove::inlove::inlove:
Hooray, Someone who can definitely do the 911 GTA justice:D. Moreee samples for you:whistling:

Last edited:
no worries guys,
that being said, if there are tools in CM to help with testing/benchmarking performance of the model , that would certainly be worth taking a look

LODs are really just somthing that it's not a MUST for the initial release , and when done properly, they just take quite a bit of time

here is what I did on Primera and I thought it was rather effective
D5GuIilOpZv8DCx0UsfmhNlSlWtZKim7UaSU_l23yj88R8RA-4sXcJh_ZQp1iXgl0yqrrgO0Uo8KGOBZLxKyvi63GGoeExddN74GTSFdWY4SJlQbV82AnRHdbm8d7mAo3JPcaLto5Ift5JFbiJgCZGUbZaz2rsojBFGTbigMlxA2CwaA_KsKut51eP6lMY_qYvVKYHRvwxW2gXHTa9qiZdCDAS11xweOtWOglXDo-70PijjTrV02GmVM1iEb1DDCFyvw6eZWHwW_p7P1At4v0h7LI0XFKHGLyGhuniujihR4R1ZHQJYd8b3jdHmXxaTh-fQq31Bg3A1yS76NobOYXHz3bhzt886uyMOTm2wc0IcTLCJveeVJRbPR56_U_y6sSYvxzi8bAKihKwE8RtMdd51OSxSTbGioobp2CTEv9_itZmsdxBB-mFfefYcOe-WvKnsrfHOlSY5Qqg5RByUSmH3X0476SD5I-mkKH8ylZlMlOwC5RoTMq_-nz9UYddOMDS_ye3nqEidn-W1k0mUREiQFwXPCIEAVL6FW-Q2kQE3JftByC9hFJI2jjsTHRnw27YJBVNu0iQkhJjBOex3E9z9IkxQ3Y46fBqmuD108QaZh0Bq-KTD9-6DFAPwZxQOJr0c5HPYXy1BPxAuENT0orWNic5RlFeTJ_b8F9Xlse1nB5prPcCZ1gdgJ6RsS-Hk-Re9PlNE2ApGs92BKow=w1296-h590-no

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.