Cars Porsche 911 (991) GTA / GT3 cup

VLN-2015-Nuerburgring-Porsche-991-GT-America-Startnummer-79-SP7-articleDetailWide-19ec13b4-907078.jpg

I just found this IMSA VLN mashup livery, used by the Konrad crew in 2015 :D

I tought ACFAN was going one for you

I was, and considering the hours I spent on it and considering the lack of good quality audio sources I had to work with, i would be very disappointed if it didn't get included in an update asap

heres the correct sound
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPMO1mLifl4wsUsWVSpayrWCFmhCw?e=vlD8bu

in any case, the current sound which is being used is 'broken', the car idles at a higher rpm than the fonsecker cup sound is made for, and the car outrevs the sound samples at least for me anyway

other than that, the car itself is a job well done. Good work to all those involved in the physics, modelling, gauges etc

Last edited:
I was, and considering the hours I spent on it and considering the lack of good quality audio sources I had to work with, i would be very disappointed if it didn't get included in an update asap

heres the correct sound
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPMO1mLifl4wsUsWVSpayrWCFmhCw?e=vlD8bu

in any case, the current sound which is being used is 'broken', the car idles at a higher rpm than the fonsecker cup sound is made for, and the car outrevs the sound samples at least for me anyway

other than that, the car itself is a job well done. Good work to all those involved in the physics, modelling, gauges etc
https://streamable.com/0t7wm
The correct sound really ties this mod together.

Is good to have alternative sounds though I like the originals better
here's a comparison, at 1.41 start original sounds onboard

ACFAN's sounds have too much treble and thought I know the gearbox whining is very present on these race cars on this sound mod is a little too much imo.
I usually like ACFAN's mods but maybe this one needs a little more work (?) I know he said there's not too much footage worth to work with.

Last edited:
Is good to have alternative sounds

my sound wasn't an 'alternative' sound. I was asked to make THE sound for this car and after i'd put the time and effort in, all of a sudden someone goes and asks fonsecker to use his gt3 cup sound (which is a good sound, but not accurate for this car). Its not a very nice feeling

yes the transmission needs tweaking, the low speed whine needs to be quieter, but to be quick I just released it, since I wasn't getting all of the notifications for this thread

ACFAN's sounds have too much treble
of course, that's your opinion and I take that as feedback for the future, but do be aware I don't edit my samples' EQ at all 9 times out of 10.

but maybe this one needs a little more work (?) I know he said there's not too much footage worth to work with
it does and that's correct

yeahh, sadly it's like that.
I'm big fan of your sounds, but it's true that they had the fonseker sounds prior to your appearance on the scene.
the onboard videos found on yt by searching "911 gt americas" are not so great but there are some

GT America

Cup

but it's true that they had the fonseker sounds prior to your appearance on the scene

ok fair enough, but when I said i'd make one for this actual car, why the persistence then with fonsecker's?

it would have been fine had they just said 'we've already got a sound, no need to spend the time making one'

if they say they're not going to include it, no worries, i'll happily release it as a sound mod

it would have been fine had they just said 'we've already got a sound, no need to spend the time making one'
well, that was unfortunate but things have changed,
we were not allowed to use Fonsecker sounds., but just before release that changed and he gave us permission to release, but not to modify it

you can absolutely release it as a sound mod

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea