Poll: Are you disappointed with the Porsche DLC?

Here's a poll to see what others feel about the recently released Porsche DLC.

I'm disappointed with the Porsche DLC. In terms of physics/handling, I find it nowhere near the quality of most of the other Kunos content. It feels like there's way way too much assistance. With nearly all of the Porsches I can get away with driving like crap in a way that it is just not possible with other AC cars of equivalent power and performance.

It's not arcadey, but it's not far from it. Whatever it is, it's dull. Are Porsches really that boring to drive?

I'm not here to dis AC. There are lots of AC cars that are excellent. But, yes, I am dissing the AC Porsches.

Since OP seems to focus on physics: A lot of people don't actually seem capable of understanding and appreciating the cars, how are they supposed to assess the quality of content and simulation then? They drive their "favourite" cars for a few laps and give subjective uneducated judgement without technical knowledge and real life experience instead of asking themselves what they could be doing wrong. Complete nonsense of a poll in that regard.

Since OP seems to focus on physics: A lot of people don't actually seem capable of understanding and appreciating the cars, how are they supposed to assess the quality of content and simulation then? They drive their "favourite" cars for a few laps and give subjective uneducated judgement without technical knowledge and real life experience instead of asking themselves what they could be doing wrong. Complete nonsense of a poll in that regard.
Well how does it influence fact that they are disappointed :).. you don`t need to understand physics simlulation, or have tech background ..
It is simpe as filling expectations, liking it, expecting more, enjoying it, whatever is important to you and to forming your view on this DLC ... it is computer game after all ...
Call it uneducated disappointment if you need ;) ...
Question is not how realistic is the physics or to name 5 things they got wrong ...

Well how does it influence fact that they are disappointed :).. you don`t need to understand physics simlulation, or have tech background ..
It is simpe as filling expectations, liking it, expecting more, enjoying it, whatever is important to you and to forming your view on this DLC ... it is computer game after all ...
Call it uneducated disappointment if you need ;) ...
Question is not how realistic is the physics or to name 5 things they got wrong ...
Because it's pointless. People can be disappointed however much they want, doesn't make them right. As I said, nonsense poll if this is supposed to be about physics.

@kunos thank you for your articulate, and concise, "Haha" response to my post. :) It is enlightening to get the developers' insightful feedback on these issues and to see that users' issues are getting full consideration within Kunos Simulazioni's Communication team.

During your presumably frequent visits to this excellent RaceDepartment forum, you could consider checking out the issue mentioned here: (some months ago) http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-ai-unable-to-drive-nordschleife-without-crashing.127765/

TLDR: It concerns the fact your flagship racing series' AI cannot make a single offline lap without race-breakingly crashing at a certain point on your flagship racing track.

I have understood that fixing this -at times game-breaking- issue should only take a few minutes...

@kunos thank you for your articulate, and concise, "Haha" response to my post. :) It is enlightening to get the developers' insightful feedback on these issues and to see that users' issues are getting full consideration within Kunos Simulazioni's Communication team.

During your presumably frequent visits to this excellent RaceDepartment forum, you could consider checking out the issue mentioned here: (some months ago) http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-ai-unable-to-drive-nordschleife-without-crashing.127765/

TLDR: It concerns the fact your flagship racing series' AI cannot make a single offline lap without race-breakingly crashing at a certain point on your flagship racing track.

I have understood that fixing this -at times game-breaking- issue should only take a few minutes...
Whatever the developers write about the cars they made will change your opinion when you're on track driving them?

Btw, you should update your opinion review of the Porsche cars after the last game updates, since there were some changes to physics/tyres after porsche pack 3 and possibly you'll now find the handling different in some situations.

Talking about physics with virtual cars is great. But what are people basing their opinions on exactly?
If there are any real Porsche racing drivers on this forum it would be great to get their take on whether or not the cars feel as real as people think they may or may not feel.
I for one am enjoying the GT3 car. Feels very good on the road with plenty of grip but is a handful if you try and drive it too hard.
I've not been lucky enough to drive a race-prepped GT3 car IRL so have no real experience to base a comparison on.
Enjoying the content and thumbs up to Kunos for this DLC as to me it's worth every penny

Perhaps this is the response you got because the entire premise of this thread (and your first post in it) is laughable. :p

Everyone should have been able to already know exactly what we were going to get with the Porsche packs. Anyone who is able to use a small amount of logic could have seen all of the content released in AC since it released, either officially or in early access, and been able to know what the Porsche cars would be like. If this isnt the case, then they likely either havent even played AC before, or are choosing to be willfully ignorant. Because even people who dont buy any of the dlc would have received free cars in the past 3 yrs, or had the base content updated along the way. And could have had an understanding of what to expect from more new cars from this experience.

Perhaps you were expecting them to somehow be revolutionary and act like they were in a different game? Perhaps you were expecting them to knock your socks off since this is the first time in 10 yrs Porsche has been in a sim? Or perhaps you just expected something completely different than all this. Im not sure. But for me, they perfectly keep in line with all the other content that Kunos has released in AC. However, I would argue that this is even a step above. From the 3d modelling, to how nice many of the sounds are, to how they uniquely created each car where they feel different from one another (and that can be difficult with so many 911's or 718's).

It's not arcadey, but it's not far from it. Whatever it is, it's dull. Are Porsches really that boring to drive?

Or, perhaps more bluntly, this was the laughable part. :rolleyes::poop:

Just because you dont like something for whatever reason, doesnt make it arcade... that logic and expression needs to go die in the sim racing community. Leads to zero productive conversation and dialogue.

Anyways, your poll clearly showed the answer you were apparently seeking.

Edit:

Ahh, missed this one at first.

You should seriously give consideration to handing your CV into Kunos so they can hire you as the lead AI programmer. Since you seem to clearly know the issues with the AI and how to fix it in 5 minutes. :)

Cheers

This guy does some racing with classic Porsches and he seems to think the ones in AC are pretty close to how they should be.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ac-porsches-vs-rl-porsches-rear-engined.350801/
Thanks for this. It's great to hear an opinion from someone with experience. Also with brief tips on possible setup options and how to drive these awesome cars properly. Thanks for the link!

Edit. Forgot to mention also that this guy also believes that the tuning in AC is pretty close to RL too. Makes a pretty big difference imo

Last edited:
Talking about physics with virtual cars is great. But what are people basing their opinions on exactly?
If there are any real Porsche racing drivers on this forum it would be great to get their take on whether or not the cars feel as real as people think they may or may not feel.
I for one am enjoying the GT3 car. Feels very good on the road with plenty of grip but is a handful if you try and drive it too hard.
I've not been lucky enough to drive a race-prepped GT3 car IRL so have no real experience to base a comparison on.
Enjoying the content and thumbs up to Kunos for this DLC as to me it's worth every penny

Danny Burkett who drives for CJ Wilson Racing team in the ALMS was blown away at the accuracy of not only his car the Cayman GT4, but also How accurate of a job the guys did on VIR where he took a win this past summer. He also gave me a few tips of info that were very interesting to hear, One being that in the rain/moist conditions the Cayman's Power steering setup makes the wheel feel 100% numb with ZERO feedback what so ever coming through the wheel. He claimed to be almost guessing at what the tires were doing.

For 2017 He's been upgraded to the GT3 Cup to Race in the Canadian Porsche series, So is very much looking forward to having a test session in the New 2017 Cup GT3 we now have in game.

"I'm disappointed with the Porsche DLC" he says...

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

This guy does some racing with classic Porsches and he seems to think the ones in AC are pretty close to how they should be.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ac-porsches-vs-rl-porsches-rear-engined.350801/
"Although I unfortunately can't compare any of the newly release cars in terms of RL vs. Sim, they do feel very natural to me."

"But since I haven't driven anything outside the classic-era machines (70s and 80s) I can't directly say how accurate they are beyond "theory suggests they feel accurate"."

Basically the only car he has driven in real life is an old 911 which isn't even in the game...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.5%