Poll: Are you disappointed with the Porsche DLC?

Here's a poll to see what others feel about the recently released Porsche DLC.

I'm disappointed with the Porsche DLC. In terms of physics/handling, I find it nowhere near the quality of most of the other Kunos content. It feels like there's way way too much assistance. With nearly all of the Porsches I can get away with driving like crap in a way that it is just not possible with other AC cars of equivalent power and performance.

It's not arcadey, but it's not far from it. Whatever it is, it's dull. Are Porsches really that boring to drive?

I'm not here to dis AC. There are lots of AC cars that are excellent. But, yes, I am dissing the AC Porsches.

"Although I unfortunately can't compare any of the newly release cars in terms of RL vs. Sim, they do feel very natural to me."

"But since I haven't driven anything outside the classic-era machines (70s and 80s) I can't directly say how accurate they are beyond "theory suggests they feel accurate"."

Basically the only car he has driven in real life is an old 911 which isn't even in the game...
I thought he said the yellow bird was pretty accurate?

And as a Porsche driver and racer he has the most experience to comment imho

well he said that yellowbird without turbo feels like stock road 911 from that era (~1987) .. which technically (i think) shouldn`t as it has stiffer body with rollcage, it is lighter, has different suspension, brakes, slightly differnt aero and and different power to weight

other that that it is mostly guessing from his experiences how other cars could/should feel .. yep it has more value than opinion of guys only playing computer games with those cars and I appriciate his post but still it is not like mx5 driver comenting excatly the same mx5 he drives on track

I agree, the modern porsche cars should be as difficult and unforgiving as the classic cars. /s (do I need it?). I want a refund because modern porsche cars are easier to drive than the 80s and 90s japanese cars.
Kunos you had one job, was to make the Carrera S as difficult as the Carrera RSR 3.0.

No no no no no no no no...... The Carrera RSR has slicks for god sake... It has no driving aids at all, where as in the new car there is probably stuff in there that you can't turn off..... What i am saying is, it is very stupid to think that a brand new car with loads of electrical aids in there to stop bad things happening to handle like a car from the 1970s with no electrical aids, that is much lighter, has 100 less bhp and slicks.

I postponed voting until today and voted "yes, disappointed."

The sounds vary from tepid to bizarre (what's with the off-throttle death rattle in the 908?), most of the cars have terminal understeer with the default setup, there's no LeMans to run them on, and AC doesn't support endurance/night races. Total inconsistency in how much reverse torque is created if you miss a heel & toe (compare 962 to 917). The freebies consisted of 2 SUVs and a luxobarge, hardly suitable for "your racing simulator".

On the bright side, the 3D modeling is good.

Well, terminal understeer is to be expected with a car with literally every thing in the back.... Also, what is wrong 2 SUVs and a 'luxobarge' in a racing simulation? you can still race them right? They just add a bit of fun and well there are 3 SUVs now, you could do a series with them!

Since OP seems to focus on physics: A lot of people don't actually seem capable of understanding and appreciating the cars, how are they supposed to assess the quality of content and simulation then? They drive their "favourite" cars for a few laps and give subjective uneducated judgement without technical knowledge and real life experience instead of asking themselves what they could be doing wrong. Complete nonsense of a poll in that regard.

Couldn't agree more with this! i don't get how people judge how good the physics are. They could make an educated guess and all that malarkey but i don't see them working all that out without even getting near to some of the cars, that is why i don't really get the people that are comparing the quality of the URD(?) mods to enduracers, i bet they have never driven prototypes so how can they decipher whether it is realistic or not.

@kunos thank you for your articulate, and concise, "Haha" response to my post. :) It is enlightening to get the developers' insightful feedback on these issues and to see that users' issues are getting full consideration within Kunos Simulazioni's Communication team.

During your presumably frequent visits to this excellent RaceDepartment forum, you could consider checking out the issue mentioned here: (some months ago) http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gt3-ai-unable-to-drive-nordschleife-without-crashing.127765/

TLDR: It concerns the fact your flagship racing series' AI cannot make a single offline lap without race-breakingly crashing at a certain point on your flagship racing track.

I have understood that fixing this -at times game-breaking- issue should only take a few minutes...

If you have problems with Assetto Corsa i am sure they would be willing to handle it on there own forums....

other that that it is mostly guessing from his experiences how other cars could/should feel ..

The guesses of an actual track racer are still going to be better and more informative than the guesses of some guy sitting in a dark room who has never driven a car on any kind of real track in his life. (like me!) But his is just an opinion anyway, same as everyone else's. While we all strive for ultimate realism in our sims, as long as the cars feel as we want/expect and are fun to drive, does it really matter too much? It's not like I'll be jumping in a Porsche anytime soon for comparison... :(

The guesses of an actual track racer are still going to be better and more informative than the guesses of some guy sitting in a dark room who has never driven a car on any kind of real track in his life. (like me!) But his is just an opinion anyway, same as everyone else's. While we all strive for ultimate realism in our sims, as long as the cars feel as we want/expect and are fun to drive, does it really matter too much? It's not like I'll be jumping in a Porsche anytime soon for comparison... :(
well that is what I said in second part of that sentence so I agree .. :)

No, I'm not. I'm very pleased with the quality of the content we got. As a returnee to AC, what I'm perhaps disappointed in is what we don't have. The Porsche 919 is brilliantly modelled. I love the hybrid system operating correctly. But we don't have a Toyota or Audi to fight against. I feel like the Toyota should've been part of the Japanese Pack tbh. And the Porsche RS Spyder LMP2 should've been part of the Porsche pack. Le Mans, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Daytona are all far too important to not be there IMO.

The DLC isn't disappointing. I just want more. :D

dissapointed with the content?
yes: cause I don't care for Porsche (anymore, was fond of the brand when I was a little boy, but hey, people change)
no: a small studio managed to license the brands for it's simulation as a first after EA made it impossible for many years

qualitywise: I bought the Porsche packs as support but haven't bothered to drive any of them
but I think that the quality will be good as KS will do everything to ace this dlc

dissapointed with the content?
yes: cause I don't care for Porsche (anymore, was fond of the brand when I was a little boy, but hey, people change)
no: a small studio managed to license the brands for it's simulation as a first after EA made it impossible for many years

qualitywise: I bought the Porsche packs as support but haven't bothered to drive any of them
but I think that the quality will be good as KS will do everything to ace this dlc
So if you refuse to try a Ferrari ..and now you bought the Porsche pack but refuse to try it ........ what do you drive?
Do yourself a big favour, sit down with the F40 ..... take an hour to really figure it out (it's an hour well spent) ...... as for the Porsches, strap yourself into the old 718 RS, it is probably the funnest car in the whole sim!!.... and try to stop driving it after only one hour!

So if you refuse to try a Ferrari ..and now you bought the Porsche pack but refuse to try it ........ what do you drive?
Do yourself a big favour, sit down with the F40 ..... take an hour to really figure it out (it's an hour well spent) ...... as for the Porsches, strap yourself into the old 718 RS, it is probably the funnest car in the whole sim!!.... and try to stop driving it after only one hour!

I don' t refuse to drive it. True, I bought it more out of support and respect for licensing the 'unobtainable' brand. Maybe if there's a Porscheleague in a period where I have lots of time and no other interesting leagues pop up, I might give it a go. Just give me the nimble mx5cup or an abarth assetto corse anyday (made by KS!!) over any of these cars. I prefer close racing instead of just driving over a circuit trying to tame one of those several decade old beasts with outdated brakes. Had some real fun with the yellowbird trying to point it in the right direction on several tracks but racing with it is not that fun. That league got cancelled as well due to lack of participants. Those are cool driving cars but I bought this sim for the thrill of racing door to door. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

"Although I unfortunately can't compare any of the newly release cars in terms of RL vs. Sim, they do feel very natural to me."

"But since I haven't driven anything outside the classic-era machines (70s and 80s) I can't directly say how accurate they are beyond "theory suggests they feel accurate"."

Basically the only car he has driven in real life is an old 911 which isn't even in the game...

I'd still take his thoughts over someone who's never tracked/raced any kind of Porsche. Take it for what you will, he probably knows more about how they should drive than any of the armchair experts out there. If you can find an article from someone who's tracked more recent Porsches and has compared them to the ones in AC I will read it with great interest. :thumbsup:

90% of voters are happy but most commenters are disappointed.

After two weeks and nearly fifty posts your observation is still holding up rather well.

Generally speaking, no matter WHAT is served up, some small percentage of the polled are going to hate it. This being said, as I read over the posts, most of the negative ones have to do with judging the Porsche content as game pieces and not their accuracy as simulations of real automobiles.

I am in no position to judge Porsche s built after about 1990 because I have not driven any of them, but I have a very large body of experience repairing, modifying, setting up and driving all manner of Porsche built before that. I am a life long mechanic (started in 1970) with a degree in Automotive Technology. I owned a warmed up 914 2.0 back in the day and am a past member of PCA. I worked over 15 years in a Porsche Specialty shop, starting as a line mechanic and worked my way to Service manager. I've got considerable seat time in as many as five Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 L. and at least ten 930 Turbo's including Euro-Spec cars, among many other types. I took part in the installation of a Ruf conversion kit into a 930 and have a ton of seat time in it. Additionally, I built and raced my own E-Prod. MGB's for over 10 years and did years and years of autocross and off-road rallies before that. Talk is cheap, so I included a photo of what remains of of my mementos ... a tin full of dash plaques (the club racers gold!!) a club membership card and one of my old racing licenses.

SANY0572_zpsrgtnn9jj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My opinion is that Kunos did a very good job replicating the pre-1990 cars. With 90% positive marks, Kunos should be fairly well pleased with this poll and should keep up the fine work.

Last edited:
No I wasn't disappointed, it never even crossed my mind that anyone could be disapointed with the Porsche DLC, I thought it was superb.

The models are incredible, I thought they went above and beyond with the quality of the models.

The cars have their own unique Porsche handling, it's quite obvious you have weight at the rear, the back seems to swing like a pendulum from the front wheels in over steer rather than rotate around its centre like with mid engined cars in the game. There was certainly a learning curve but so rewarding when you get the hang of the brands handling characteristics.

I was never much of a Porsche fan before, but the hype got me very interested in Porsches and now I'm a convert. I wouldn't say they're the best cars ever but I have a much better appreciation for them.

Kunos hit another DLC out of the park, I haven't regretted buying any of the DLC, well worth the money asked. If someone doesn't like the cars that's unfortunate, but it's no one's fault.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back