Poll: Are you disappointed with the Porsche DLC?

Here's a poll to see what others feel about the recently released Porsche DLC.

I'm disappointed with the Porsche DLC. In terms of physics/handling, I find it nowhere near the quality of most of the other Kunos content. It feels like there's way way too much assistance. With nearly all of the Porsches I can get away with driving like crap in a way that it is just not possible with other AC cars of equivalent power and performance.

It's not arcadey, but it's not far from it. Whatever it is, it's dull. Are Porsches really that boring to drive?

I'm not here to dis AC. There are lots of AC cars that are excellent. But, yes, I am dissing the AC Porsches.

after first pack I refunded, after second I forget so I guess I`m gonna have all packs .. but there are at least 4 cars in those 4 pack I liked, last pack could have few more ...

I agree, the modern porsche cars should be as difficult and unforgiving as the classic cars. /s (do I need it?). I want a refund because modern porsche cars are easier to drive than the 80s and 90s japanese cars.
Kunos you had one job, was to make the Carrera S as difficult as the Carrera RSR 3.0.

Does what it says on the tin, so no I'm not disappointed. I didn't expect to like modern 911s, I don't. Don't need to bring disappointment into that. The pack has a classic 911 RSR and that 718 so it's worth the money.

Which cars are the ones you like?
from Pack 1: RSR 3.0 and GT4 Clubsport for what it is
from Pack 2: 962c and 718 Spyder RS (probably most) .. also 919 Hybrid is not bad ..

from last pack I think I could like: 911 GT3 Cup, I guess Hybrid should be fine again, Porsche 917 K and 908 LH should be fun too ..

I mean I haven`t driven them since release but I remember liking them ... and some others are fine, just expect them to be more fun .. but that might be AC issue not Porsche issue ..

Didn't buy pack 1, the GT4 was about the only car there I was vaguely interested in driving, but I don't like the Maserati, so I don't need it.

Bought Pack 2 for the 919 only really, and I love it. I've briefly driven the 1998 GT1 and the GT3 RS, but the 919 is the kind of car I have been waiting for in AC for a long time.

Modern Porsche cars are amazing at what they do, they defy logic. Drove the GT3 RS and it beggars belief what that car is capable of on track. It's a race car. The limit on these cars is starting to be the driver, it's been happening for a while now in most modern sports cars.

Really happy with the DLC, amazing content and attention to detail. Minor point would be more visceral sounds for the oldies.

Here's a poll to see what others feel about the recently released Porsche DLC.

I'm disappointed with the Porsche DLC. In terms of physics/handling, I find it nowhere near the quality of most of the other Kunos content. It feels like there's way way too much assistance. With nearly all of the Porsches I can get away with driving like crap in a way that it is just not possible with other AC cars of equivalent power and performance.

It's not arcadey, but it's not far from it. Whatever it is, it's dull. Are Porsches really that boring to drive?

I'm not here to dis AC. There are lots of AC cars that are excellent. But, yes, I am dissing the AC Porsches.

I find the Carrera S nicely challenging on street tyres and 97% grip. Perhaps you're driving too slow. :roflmao::cautious::laugh:

as expected .. I like 908, 917, Hybrid is Hybrid and Cup car is good... but big surprise .. 911R is first modern road Porsche I like .. love ... best road Porsche in all packs :)

others without TC are fine for 2-3 laps but than I get bored and start watching my son trying to hold some toy in his tiny hands and crash into the barriers :)

Last edited:
I postponed voting until today and voted "yes, disappointed."

The sounds vary from tepid to bizarre (what's with the off-throttle death rattle in the 908?), most of the cars have terminal understeer with the default setup, there's no LeMans to run them on, and AC doesn't support endurance/night races. Total inconsistency in how much reverse torque is created if you miss a heel & toe (compare 962 to 917). The freebies consisted of 2 SUVs and a luxobarge, hardly suitable for "your racing simulator".

On the bright side, the 3D modeling is good.

I cant say with 100% sure yes or no. When I saw the list first time, I thought PP3 could be the worst. Actually, for me is the best of the 3.

918 is a joke car, brake turning on side to another, not so easy to brake straight on this car, and I dont know if the real car is something like that, because if is, its the worst hypercar ever made. You cant do the Blanchimont fast because you have to brake so early to put yourself in a condition to brake straight. Every time you have situations like these, with corners so close to the others, the car behaviour so bad. Also, the horrible idea to make a supersport car, or a hypercar, that have 1600 kgs of weight, and a small petrol engine, when the batterys are off, you have only 600 hp on a 1600 kg car. Come on, we are on 2016, a Mclaren F1 at 1993 can do a top speed of 380 km/h with "only" 620 hp engine and nothing else. The F40, a car from 1987 is so well balanced compared to the new hypercars. The engineers lost the "magic" to do real sports cars today.

The 911 Carrera S, or the Turbo S, or another street 911 except 911 R, are just fake RR engines cars. You like a RR engine car? Just drive the Yellowbird, not these cars with eletronic differs, a bunch of eletronic everywhere. When you drive a Ruf you can feel the real balance of a car with a rear engine, its just very hard to drive. Porsche wants to construct cars with this "feeling", but at the same time offer a 5 stars car on stabilty, this a paradox, and my biggest concern on the cars of the packs. Until 80's Porsche made mid engines cars to race, 911 only for GT homologations. Even Porsche knows that MR cars are better than RR cars. On 80's, with the failures of your FR cars, Porsche just do what the people think its best, even when they know that is not the best. And they became with 4x4 cars, and other eletronics. The 911R are the only "pure" 911 because return to original idea from 60's, and is the only one good 911 car on the pack.

917/30 and Moby Dick, lots of understeer, lots of power, but, what is the point of these? I can only think one thing. Engineers just doing a car to make a lot of speed on straights, and everything else is just crap. I want to drive a car, not put my right foot on brakes on every straights because at 300 km/h you do 100m/s, the straights became so short and these cars are so slow on corners. Overpowered cars or underpowered cars are not my thing.

The 962c, I put for a long time so much hype on this car. And now, when Marco or Aristoteles said something like "we put aal the cars we like to drive on Assetto Corsa", now I compreend this too much. Because C9 is better on all. And this apply to other cars. Mclaren F1 GTR is better than 911 GT1. GT40, slowest, but more challenging and reward to drive than 917k. Its just like if you compare every Porsche car of the packs, the others are better. Even the Rufs. So, what is the point?

I dont say I hate every car of the packs, not trolling. Actually, the 917k is not better than GT40, but is a very good car. The 908, its the same, very good car also. 911R is light weight, so fast on corners, remember the old days when engineers are thinking mechanics things and not so eletronics. These 3 cars make PP3 best for me. But the others are disappointing. Assetto Corsa alrealdy have a lot of good cars, F40, F458, 312T, Lotus 49, 98t. Just reach the point that new cars are not put more quality to the simulator, only quantity, because AC already have a variety of cars on a variety of categories of different times, even Suvs AC have! Its more challenging now to Kunos put a car that is so exclusive and different from the rest of the cars, lost the hype on this point. The quote is true, AC already have the cars that devs wants on their simulator. Why they want more when they have the best? The Porsche can be a great thing for people like these cars. I had the NFS Porsche, put a lot of my time on this game. But now, with a real simulator, I, in my opinion, my point of see what a car have to be, not like anymore Porsches. Actually Assetto Corsa just showed to me for what reason Ferrari is the meaning of a legitimate car. When you have a Ferrari F40, why you want more?

Only in what didn't make the cut.

The 935/77-78 was a great car and race all over. The Moby Dick was a late development.

If they did the 908, why couldn't they put out the 908 Spyders including the 908.3 turbo. Also, a short-tailed coupe would have been easy for them.

I have no idea how they overlooked the 904.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back