1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC GT3 AI unable to drive Nordschleife without crashing

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Billy Pilgrim, Oct 30, 2016.

1. I mentioned this on the official forums and it doesn't seem to have helped so I'll post here.

Using GT3 or GT2 cars, the AI cars have been crashing every time they get to Sprunghügel / Stefan Bellof S on the Nordschliefe (and when I'm close behind, I crash into them). It's making the Nordschliefe completely unraceable for me which is extremely unfortunate as it's such an important track, obviously.

To find Sprünghugel / Stefan Bellof S, use this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Circuit_Nürburgring-2002-vs-1927.svg (it's a little before the little/second Karussel).

I'm racing 16 or 17 AI cars with AI strength from 86 to 90. The ambient temperature is at 20 degrees C. I have an i74770k, two GTX 780s. I've been playing AC for a long time and racing at Nords for a long time. This seems to be a new problem to me.

Can anyone help?

I had thought this might get fixed with 1.9 but that doesn't seem to be the case.

2. Terra21

Terra21
    Premium Member

I am sort of having an issue like you where gt cars are not slowing down at some corners and crashing .so i made some brake hints for the ai but only some of the field choose to follow the rule created. im wondering why some ai ignore the brake hint and crash and why others dont?

• Like Like x 1
  3. No time to react maybe? They probably have added lag to their reaction to make it more realistic. If it's too sudden they don't have time to react, that's my guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LilSki

LilSki
    Premium Member

We found with VIR that the ai hints file made things worse. Once we removed it the AI had far fewer issues in the areas we were trying to fix with the hints. It may be worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terra21

Terra21
    Premium Member

I wonder if the ai.ini located in the car data e.g: with mod cars is much of a factor.as the settings can be changed in the ai editor. But I have not really tried changing anything with it before.maybe some one who does mod cars knows more about these settings?do the ai app settings do much to the ai behavior when changed?