Pinwheel Circuit

Tracks Pinwheel Circuit 2.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Next Level Racing v3 Motion platform issues.
This is the only track so far that I have noticed when I pass under anything with an overhead part, like the underpass or archways, I get what feels like a dip in the road or an obstacle ran over. (like the road dips down or bumps up slightly).

I left this info in my review and you asked for me to reply in the comments.

its unclear what the cause is, but I have several over tracks I race regularly where I pass under things and I have not had the same effect.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Next Level Racing v3 Motion platform issues.
This is the only track so far that I have noticed when I pass under anything with an overhead part, like the underpass or archways, I get what feels like a dip in the road or an obstacle ran over. (like the road dips down or bumps up slightly).

I left this info in my review and you asked for me to reply in the comments.

its unclear what the cause is, but I have several over tracks I race regularly where I pass under things and I have not had the same effect.

Let me know what I can do to help.
It also happens with latest version of the track? Does it happen with all cars?

I will do some testing, only run 3 cars regularly, so I know it happened on all three of those...
Thanks for posting and the investigations!
I've gone around the track and labelled all the places where there are overhead objects:
  • 1, 2, 4, 7 & 8 - These have no physical properties (just renderable), so can't be doing anything to your.
  • 3 & 5 - These two bridges have a monorail running over them that works via CSP. There's a slight chance that might be causing some sort of strange issue.
  • 6 & 9 - Crossover points. Basically, physical track, grass and wall meshes that may somehow be causing an issue.
TrackPlan.jpg

Let me know what you find in terms of location, I would be baffled if it were in other places with just visual meshes that have no physical properties that AC knows about but who knows.

Thanks again,

John.

je5 updated Pinwheel Circuit with a new update entry:

Pinwheel 2.0

Hello everyone,

Having returned to a bit of modding this past month, a new major version of Pinwheel is now available. The main bulk of time has been spent on making a shorter layout of the track for smaller cars. Changes are as follows:
  • New 'Short' layout...Meshes, textures, AI, cameras, hints, etc.
  • Original track now titled: 'GP layout'.
  • New AI hints on GP layout (AI is now too quick for me).
  • Minor texture updates and improvements.
  • Additional trackside objects...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There is a barrier blocking the road for me on the new short layout where it turns off from the main circuit
Hi Taylor. That's odd, there are no physical walls anymore there actually in both layouts (you can drive through the tunnel in the GP layout as well as the short):

Capture.JPG

Can I ask if you had the old version before installing this one? It might not have replaced the main kn5 file, that would be my best guess, so maybe give deleting the 'pinwheel' folder a go and replacing it with the entire new one?

I'll keep an eye out though and see if anyone else has the same issue. Very odd.

John.

Hi Taylor. That's odd, there are no physical walls anymore there actually in both layouts (you can drive through the tunnel in the GP layout as well as the short):

View attachment 680058

Can I ask if you had the old version before installing this one? It might not have replaced the main kn5 file, that would be my best guess, so maybe give deleting the 'pinwheel' folder a go and replacing it with the entire new one?

I'll keep an eye out though and see if anyone else has the same issue. Very odd.

John.
Can confirm it was due to having the old version installed prior, disregard.

The same here... I would dare to suggest that it would be nice to add a notice that if necessary, delete the old version before installing the new one. We, the clueless clumsie people, would really appreciate it...

Thanks for this real gem.
Perico, ALWAYS remove old version before installing a new one. In most cases it will prevent all kinds of issues appearing. ;)

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add “the short layout” connecting T5 to just before the pit entry?
Hi @denes ,

Just to say I finally got round to finishing the short layout if you wish to give it a whirl. Just released yesterday - thanks for the push last year!

John.

je5 updated Pinwheel Circuit with a new update entry:

Pinwheel 2.1

Hello all,

Sorry to have to release a revised version so soon after 2.0, however there was a slight issue for using the Pinwheel Short layout in league races (or any other race for that matter) in that one could use the main GP layout straight to gain a speed advantage upon beginning a quali lap (think of it like a long run up). Clearly this needed resolution once it came to light, so I also took the opportunity to update a few other bits and pieces alongside this necessary update:

Read the rest of this update entry...

The barriers on the short track aren't going away, the AI are making the turn off the main circuit and barreling into it at full speed. Short course isn't usable...
Untitled.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea