Pinwheel Circuit

Tracks Pinwheel Circuit 2.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, I have ordered the minions to get the update! One thing, RD does not show the track as updated yet. But the downloaded file is the updated one.
Thanks Jonah, yeah I needed to do an accompanying post for that. It's probably best this way just in case there are any unexpected picadillos.

We had a wonderful race with no incidents caused by the track :thumbsup: The 312T is really a blast around there.
That's great to hear, thanks for your message earlier - good to be on hand to be able to solve these things. Still a few things to sort on the track visually (kerbs are a little monotonous in places for example), but the track to race on looks quite fun at least which is the thing I spent most time refining. Just been driving a little with the 312T, it definitely suits the track nicely in terms of a decent challenge. Thanks again Jonah.

je5 updated Pinwheel Circuit with a new update entry:

Just a minor update including a bug fix noted by @Jonah Hax whereby the physical kerb mesh slightly overlapped at the cross-over and caused a rare but startling phantom collision between two cars during a race. Also turned down the specular level on the sand boundary (left too high following a previous texture experiment), and adjusted LOD of the Hyperboloid tower which was springing into view.

Not a major upgrade so stick with 0.4.0 if you're happy!

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you have any more tracks up your sleeve? I like that you sorta came out of the blue with this near perfect track on your first try. Reminds me of Ghoults with his wonderful Horsma track :inlove:

Reactions: je5
I made a new track map.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 57
  • map.ini
    139 bytes · Views: 42

Pinwheel 0.5.0

Hello everyone. A new version of Pinwheel circuit is available, some changes as follows:
  • Revised camera set, more spline cams.
  • Fences revised throughout.
  • Fixed a small gap bug between physical meshes on start/finish straight.
  • Flag improvements, dynamic flags.
  • More grasscrete.
  • Track surface update and working groove.
  • A few more subtle track bumps & undulations.
  • Additional adverts, for example at pit entry.
  • Medical Centre and other buildings.
  • TV camera...

Pinwheel 1.0 (final version)

Hello everyone.

After a year of effort and some fantastic support from the community, Pinwheel circuit 1.0 is now available. This is the final version of the circuit, tested on CSP 0.1.78.

Changes since v0.5.0 are as follows:
  • Pit and grandstand sounds.
  • Digital yellow, blue, and chequered flags.
  • Pit entry and exit lights.
  • Kerb detail and retexturing throughout.
  • Monorail.
  • Arch...

I made a new track map.
Hi Jonah, sorry I completely missed this. I would have included it in 1.0, dammit! For some reason I'm not getting notifications for discussions so have to remember to check them. Maybe there could be a 1.0.1 at some point, who knows, or I could put a link to the map on the main article. Thanks :)

Do you have any more tracks up your sleeve? I like that you sorta came out of the blue with this near perfect track on your first try. Reminds me of Ghoults with his wonderful Horsma track :inlove:
Thanks for the kind words again, nope nothing more at the moment. If you have any ideas let me know! I'm up for doing something, whether it's fantasy or not I'm not sure. I like the idea of another crossover track though, only because it gives a nice blend of right and left corners (I'm always surprised there aren't more than just Suzuka and Fiorano). Anyway, going to check Horsma out now, I'm still really new to the community so it's really fun to uncover these things.

Hi Jonah, sorry I completely missed this. I would have included it in 1.0, dammit! For some reason I'm not getting notifications for discussions so have to remember to check them. Maybe there could be a 1.0.1 at some point, who knows, or I could put a link to the map on the main article. Thanks :)
No worries and no need for it, since the newer CM versions can now generate those maps! :)

Would it be possible to add “the short layout” connecting T5 to just before the pit entry?
Maybe one day. I did plan it out at one point, the track is there, but I kind of lost my motivation to work on Pinwheel any more if I'm honest! Do you think it might work for a particular series?

Maybe one day. I did plan it out at one point, the track is there, but I kind of lost my motivation to work on Pinwheel any more if I'm honest! Do you think it might work for a particular series?
It would probabily work better for low-level series (f4, any touring car, mazda cup...) in which the full course would take over 2 mins

We are racing your most excellent track again this weekend, and I thought it was supposed to be located in UK, but now I am not so sure anymore ;)

Last edited:
We are racing your most excellent track again this weekend, and I thought it was supposed to be located in UK, but now I am not so sure anymore ;)

Very nice! Actually not seen that one, but it seems eerily similar - even the height of it!
These are Hyperboloid towers, they have a hyperbola profile and can be formed from straight elements, set at an angle in a circular array (hence their popularity). Actually cooling towers in coal fired power stations have a hyperboloid shape as the formwork can be made from straight elements. So it's a low cost way to make a doubly curved surface that helps mitigate buckling in compression shells. Great find though! Denmark is my favourite country too.

Have a great race Jonah. Hope it goes well, no glitches this year :)

Very nice! Actually not seen that one, but it seems eerily similar - even the height of it!
These are Hyperboloid towers, they have a hyperbola profile and can be formed from straight elements, set at an angle in a circular array (hence their popularity). Actually cooling towers in coal fired power stations have a hyperboloid shape as the formwork can be made from straight elements. So it's a low cost way to make a doubly curved surface that helps mitigate buckling in compression shells. Great find though! Denmark is my favourite country too.

Have a great race Jonah. Hope it goes well, no glitches this year :)
No glitches, just me sucking as per usual :D

Btw, I live about 10 km from that forest tower and often ride by it on my EUC when I go for forest rides. Never been up it though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea