Pinwheel Circuit

Tracks Pinwheel Circuit 2.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
je5 submitted a new resource:

Pinwheel Circuit - Made from nothing

View attachment 528615
Located in the middle of quite literally nowhere, Pinwheel Circuit is a 5.6km racing venue that has been six months in the making (whenever I have had spare time in the evenings). The aim has been to create a track for predominantly single seaters that flowed well and was fun to drive. Based around a power generation theme (old and new), the track has a high resolution physical mesh, groove, GrassFX, Lights (suitable for single seaters), working AI (for...

Read more about this resource...

I tried to manually load this track into Content Manager and I get four error messages (i) File "ui trackjson" is missing (ii) Map is missing, (iii) Track's outline is missing, and (iv) Track's preview is missing. I did find several files in the UI folder that seem to be relevent and copied them to the main track folder--- but CM did not recognize them. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The same way as you should install every track: unzip and then paste the track folder to content/tracks. Manual installation always works if you know what you are doing, installation via CM is hit and miss. The mod even comes with a text file that explains how to install

Last edited:
The same way as you should install every track: unzip and then paste the track folder to content/tracks. Manual installation always works if you know what you are doing, installation via CM is hit and miss. The mod even comes with a text file that explains how to install
Sorry --my message was confusing. I did follow the instructions and manually installed the track. I have installed hundreds of tracks so I am familiar with the process. However, this track caused error messages that I have not seen before. That's why I'm asking for help.

I fixed it by renaming the track folder pinwheel. Previously, it was named 0.3 for some reason.
I decided to put the pinwheel folder within a zip that has the version number as well as a text file with instructions on how to install. In practice this seems to be better than dragging things over to CSP as this can lead to conflicts with previous versions, and also allows for a folder with the version number after the unzip. However I can see the confusion and I may reconsider this for future releases, but anyway pleased to hear you have it working now!
John.

Last edited:
je5 updated Pinwheel Circuit with a new update entry:

Pinwheel 0.3.1

Hello,

Just a very minor update, but I have just realised that the long grass on the infield needed a tweak to work with CSP 0.1.77 properly.

As I say, it's a minor update... if you have already installed 0.3.0, I wouldn't worry too much unless you're quite particular about these things like me ;)

Thanks all,

John.

View attachment 548277
View attachment 548278
View attachment 548279

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the recent updates @je5 , this track is tip-top.
Not sure if it's supposed to be operating properly yet but the rollercoaster doesn't do a continuous circuit of the track, it starts/stops in the same place every time - for me, anyway.
Latest CSP 0.1.77p80.

Thanks for the recent updates @je5 , this track is tip-top.
Not sure if it's supposed to be operating properly yet but the rollercoaster doesn't do a continuous circuit of the track, it starts/stops in the same place every time - for me, anyway.
Latest CSP 0.1.77p80.
Hi Mascot. Yep, it goes underground and then kind of stays there for a bit. The idea is to not have it on show all of the time as it gets a bit much with it going around constantly. I will probably revisit exactly how it works in future though, getting it to crawl past the section with the waiting people and then spring to life also at full speed for the underground section.

Does it look like this?:

Hi Mascot. Yep, it goes underground and then kind of stays there for a bit. The idea is to not have it on show all of the time as it gets a bit much with it going around constantly. I will probably revisit exactly how it works in future though, getting it to crawl past the section with the waiting people and then spring to life also at full speed for the underground section.

Does it look like this?:
Sorry for the late response!
No, nothing like this video. For me the cars start on the flat bit before the dip underground, go underground then disappear, before appearing out of thin air at the top again.
Your video looks perfect but for some reason I'm not seeing that.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late response!
No, nothing like this video. For me the cars start on the flat bit before the dip underground, go underground then disappear, before appearing out of thin air at the top again.
Your video looks perfect but for some reason I'm not seeing that.
Hmmm, this is a complete mystery to me. Also tested on 0.1.77 CSP here and all is fine, also haven't heard anyone else with a non-working coaster! I have changed the way the coaster slows since the last release though, you're welcome to give the latest ext_config a go, but otherwise no worries it will be in the next update. Thanks for letting me know though. Strange indeed :)

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    7.7 KB · Views: 73
Hmmm, this is a complete mystery to me. Also tested on 0.1.77 CSP here and all is fine, also haven't heard anyone else with a non-working coaster! I have changed the way the coaster slows since the last release though, you're welcome to give the latest ext_config a go, but otherwise no worries it will be in the next update. Thanks for letting me know though. Strange indeed :)
For me the rollercoaster behaves the same as @Mascot

For me the rollercoaster behaves the same as @Mascot
Oh well, not much else to say really I guess. Hopefully next update it will work, otherwise it's impossible to solve without knowing more. Just using Ilya's train example and adapting it. The coaster does stop underground, but appearing out of thin air is a new one. The only suggestion is to try the other ext_config, otherwise I'm flummoxed as to what to do.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.