Pinwheel Circuit

Tracks Pinwheel Circuit 2.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The barriers on the short track aren't going away, the AI are making the turn off the main circuit and barreling into it at full speed. Short course isn't usable...View attachment 686159
Hi there. I've put words in bold at the top of the main page and a read me text file in capital letters that explain that you must do a clean install because CM won't update all the kn5 files for some reason if you drag and drop (this is the default option so you don't overwrite things I guess by mistake).
Then it will work fine, nothing I can do about it otherwise unfortunately, just delete the pinwheel folder from before and start again.

Last edited:
Thanks, my mistake and I appreciate the response. I'm guilty of not reading the post and dropping it straight into CM in my excitement to run it. Cheers!
No worries! Great that it works now. I wish there was some other workaround for those that have a previous version (a way to tell CM in the zip file somehow) but otherwise I think that's all I can do.

je5 updated Pinwheel Circuit with a new update entry:

Pinwheel 2.1.1 (Max is champion)

Just the very minor annual update to the wall of champions. Max is now a 3-time world champion, joining the likes of Brabham, Stewart, Lauda, Piquet and Senna (not bad company).

Also took the chance to make some very small tweaks to ambient lighting for a couple of materials, and to add a Rain_FX occluding plane for the tunnel - tested in 'lights-patch-v0.1.80-preview346-full'.

No real need to download if you have 2.1... unless you are a Max fan :)

John.

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any excuse is a good one to drive on this track again! But I'm sorry to mention certain problems I'm having with this new 2.1.1 version (installed manually from scratch); I don't know if it will happen to anyone else...

The thing is that in the Short layout there are certain elements that appear and disappear suddenly when very close to them. For example, the white walls at the entry of the tunnel:

Are...

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-51-13.jpg

... dissapear...

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-50-47.jpg

... and appears again...

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-51-0.jpg

And the same with direction markers, both the one on the left and the one in front, or the flag pannel at right...

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-51-47.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-51-59.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-52-35.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-52-7.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-53-2.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-53-12.jpg

At the exit of the tunnel, the staircase on the right and the roller coaster also appear and disappear...

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-54-30.jpg

... continued in the next message...

Last edited:
... the guardrail...

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-54-39.jpg

Screenshot_rt_bacmono_pinwheel_8-9-123-17-54-49.jpg

...and when I made a U-turn to check all this, I thought I saw too that the Wall of Champions also disappeared and appeared when driving in the opposite direction...

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm so in love with this track that it hurts me that it has these drawbacks...

Last edited:
... the guardrail...

View attachment 699461

View attachment 699462

...and when I made a U-turn to check all this, I thought I saw too that the Wall of Champions also disappeared and appeared when driving in the opposite direction...

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm so in love with this track that it hurts me that it has these drawbacks...
How bizarre, thanks for all the details and screenshots.

Haven't tweaked any of those things though so that is strange! Can I ask which version of CSP are you running? I'll see if I can recreate it at this end and go from there.

Thanks,
John.

Of course; I use the last public version, 0.1.79.
Thanks Perico,

I can't recreate this in 0.1.79 or 0.1.80-preview346 but strangely I can in 0.1.80-preview218!!
I can see the issue and get the exact same objects loading out at a certain distance. How bizarre.

The root of the problem appears to be the track occluder box that stops rain falling in the tunnel (the little Rain_FX tweak I made). The results appear sporadic for different versions of CSP, so it might be safe to just leave this out otherwise many users might experience the same issue and that wouldn't be great. I'll save that for a later version.

I'll fix with a quick 2.1.2 update...

Thanks again, all the screenshots you took time to make really helped me diagnose the problem. I wish I knew the proper solution though :)

Best,
John.

... Thanks again, all the screenshots you took time to make really helped me diagnose the problem. I wish I knew the proper solution though :)...

It's the least I could do to contribute a little something!

And thanks to you for creating and keep improving this authentic beauty of track, and above all, for sharing it.

Reactions: je5

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea