PC2 PCARS 2: Cars, Cars and More Cars - New Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - Porsche 911 GT.jpg

Not wanting to be out shone by the big news reveals from E3, Slightly Mad Studios have released plenty of new images from Project CARS 2 in recent days.

Entering into the fray come some big hitting machines these last few days, not least of which are Le Mans challengers from Porsche and Ford in the form of the 911 GT R and GT GTE, plus a few previously unseen tin tops and a bit of a lean towards yesteryears golden age of racing.

It is often said that a picture tells a thousand words, and I've already used up some of my 1000 word limit in this post, so I'll just drop these here and let them do the talking...

Project CARS 2 - Porsche 918 Spyder .jpg
Project CARS 2 Grid.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT Multiclass.png
Project CARS 2 GTC.jpg
Project CARS 2 Touring Cars.jpg

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for release across the Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms on the 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the cars revealed so far? Any brand / model or series not currently confirmed would you like to see added next? Let us know in the comments section below!

I find the whole thing with mods in the simracing community a bit of a mixed bag. There are so many people who put no effort at all in the mods and just copy paste 3D models and physics files.. yet some of these obvious copy/paste jobs get a lot of praise. Kind of ironic in a community who demands absolute realism and physics fidelity.

So yeah, while I do enjoy some quality mods, there are very few good ones available. Just look at all the stuff available for AC. Most of it is pretty bad when compared to original content by Kunos, yet they get flack for some of their highly detailed physics while some of the mods get praised. It's weird.

Yea that's what I always thought too, way too few good mods regarding cars. Tracks appear to be pretty decent in most cases and more good tracks is what AC needs badly. I was stunned at how few tracks the original game came with, and then I decided to give mods a try. Pretty nice. Anyway, in PCARS2 they said they won't officially support modding, but if the hackers are good enough they can crack the files and make new cars, like they did in PCARS1. In PC1 it came a little too late and the procedure of activation and file overwritting left a lot of room for error.

Agreed. Track mods are my main interest. Especially for AC as you just said. While I do very much feel the difference and awesomeness of laser scanned content I do think a well made track from scratch can be absolutely fantastic and there have been numerous fantastic track releases. Because there are no physics involved it's more forgiving to create tracks (but not less work, it takes a lot of time and knowledge to create a track from scratch). I don't need fancy graphics for tracks to feel awesome to drive. I just need a good layout and awesome corners to enjoy them thoroughly.

Yea that's what I always thought too, way too few good mods regarding cars. Tracks appear to be pretty decent in most cases and more good tracks is what AC needs badly. I was stunned at how few tracks the original game came with, and then I decided to give mods a try. Pretty nice. Anyway, in PCARS2 they said they won't officially support modding, but if the hackers are good enough they can crack the files and make new cars, like they did in PCARS1. In PC1 it came a little too late and the procedure of activation and file overwritting left a lot of room for error.
PC2 got many cars, some are "too many" you could say (like those cars 99% people will either never drive or drive for 5 minutes, crash 100 times and never touch them again). So I think if they could actually make easier for modders to add tracks SMS won't license would be great.

The obvious reason to not allow modded tracks, is copyright. When even SMS can't get Suzuka licensed, if the executives realise that modders are using their tracks and SMS is allowing them to do so to attract players, they are going to take action. The reason they haven't done so this far, is probably that the scale of the sim development companies is too small for them to bother. But SMS, and now behind them Bandai, is a big company and if the track admins know they can get money from them they will do it.

As much as I think modding is never a bad thing, as long as you know what you are getting, I wouldn't allow such copyright infringements because these things follow you in life and they can stain your business record the next time you try to get an important license. Sadly, because of those reasons, we lose the nice small tracks that are less known.

This is our least developed track. It's just recently been started. Hence why we put WIP up there...

Anyway, come back to me with 24 hour time of day and fully dynamic weather and we can talk :)

Edit, I'm not sure I agree with you regardless. For an early WIP I think we're comparing well.

Yep I've been a software dev for 20 years I get what WIP means.

They will come back with 24 hour time and dynamic weather in the future, it will be the same product R3E... I'm sure this concept of adding features to an existing product is totally foreign and confusing to you. But sure we can talk when they do, no doubt you will have already announced "pCARS 3: The search for more money" by then. :)

Well we agree to disagree. I prefer R3E's more realistic look, lots of people prefer the overly processed manga cartoon look you guys go for. Pretty amateur attempt to make R3E look bad by picking an old video with a race run at midday. We all know the dawn/dusk trick to make things look pretty.

Regardless I am looking forward to pCARS 2 it still has some unique looking features and the promise of fixing a lot of what was wrong with pCARS even though all the WMD members insisted there was nothing wrong with it on launch. :whistling:

if pcars 2 have a 50% of the "realism" that the assetto corsa fan have..this gaame will kill AC! i played AC because everbody told me..its better than pcars.. but to me..is boring..soi currently pay pcars and its much funny! yes, its not 100 "simulator"..but..who cares? i love to play it! so when pcars 2 iwill released,
I will buy it without any doubt

Yep I've been a software dev for 20 years I get what WIP means.

They will come back with 24 hour time and dynamic weather in the future, it will be the same product R3E... I'm sure this concept of adding features to an existing product is totally foreign and confusing to you. But sure we can talk when they do, no doubt you will have already announced "pCARS 3: The search for more money" by then. :)

Well we agree to disagree. I prefer R3E's more realistic look, lots of people prefer the overly processed manga cartoon look you guys go for. Pretty amateur attempt to make R3E look bad by picking an old video with a race run at midday. We all know the dawn/dusk trick to make things look pretty.

Regardless I am looking forward to pCARS 2 it still has some unique looking features and the promise of fixing a lot of what was wrong with pCARS even though all the WMD members insisted there was nothing wrong with it on launch. :whistling:
What a massive bell end you are!

So i wonder if anyone will come out and say anything bad about it now then?

Of course. The I suspect the vast majority of people who got banned from the pC1 development forum will only have bad things to say about it once it launches. I'm also sure that those who are solemnly dedicated to "one brand" will also have only negative things to say, no matter how good it would be.

These people however are never the majority. If SMS can kill most of the bugs and have a solid release I suspect the overall community will be quite pleased with the end results. There's no denying that this is a massive improvement over the first game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.