PC2 PCARS 2: Cars, Cars and More Cars - New Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - Porsche 911 GT.jpg

Not wanting to be out shone by the big news reveals from E3, Slightly Mad Studios have released plenty of new images from Project CARS 2 in recent days.

Entering into the fray come some big hitting machines these last few days, not least of which are Le Mans challengers from Porsche and Ford in the form of the 911 GT R and GT GTE, plus a few previously unseen tin tops and a bit of a lean towards yesteryears golden age of racing.

It is often said that a picture tells a thousand words, and I've already used up some of my 1000 word limit in this post, so I'll just drop these here and let them do the talking...

Project CARS 2 - Porsche 918 Spyder .jpg
Project CARS 2 Grid.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT Multiclass.png
Project CARS 2 GTC.jpg
Project CARS 2 Touring Cars.jpg

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for release across the Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms on the 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the cars revealed so far? Any brand / model or series not currently confirmed would you like to see added next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Hopefully the physics will be better this time around. It's hard to judge just by a video, but no PCars 1 trailer or video ever showed something compelling beside graphics. PCars 2, so far, looks very smooth and compelling physics-wise in the videos floating around.

Hopefully the physics will be better this time around. It's hard to judge just by a video, but no PCars 1 trailer or video ever showed something compelling beside graphics. PCars 2, so far, looks very smooth and compelling physics-wise in the videos floating around.

And to add to that, the physics in recent gameplay videos look better than even past gameplay videos of PCARS2 itself; third-person view for Rallycross showed the car bumping along in a bizarrely stiff and clunky manner a long while back, where it looked much more natural during footage shown during Twitch's E3 coverage, so I'm hopeful.

As far as series I'd still like to see announced, any word on stock cars? I'd heard mention of the 2016 Ford Fusion Stock Car coming back, but I've yet to see any footage/screenshots of it, so I worry that was under an assumption that all PCARS1 content would be ported unless stated otherwise. And being able to once again have the Chevy Lumina- sorry, Caper Monterrey would be greatly appreciated.

And to add to that, the physics in recent gameplay videos look better than even past gameplay videos of PCARS2 itself; third-person view for Rallycross showed the car bumping along in a bizarrely stiff and clunky manner a long while back, where it looked much more natural during footage shown during Twitch's E3 coverage, so I'm hopeful.

I may have played a small part in helping to rectify that.

Too bad Algarve looks better than this in R3E with DX9. Plus I know its a sim that drives well with a history of the devs continually updating and supporting the product unlike SMS.
This is our least developed track. It's just recently been started. Hence why we put WIP up there...

Anyway, come back to me with 24 hour time of day and fully dynamic weather and we can talk :)

Edit, I'm not sure I agree with you regardless. For an early WIP I think we're comparing well.

Last edited:
In Project CARS will be... cars! Is this a surprise? What about this cars will be? That's the question. Competition, development of my own property, my own name, my own team. Thrill of racing against others teams. That is wat I want in modern race sim. (Recent DiRT 4 has shown that contemporary game/sim can not just be about rolling wheels.)
You might say - simulator need nothing but good simulated cars and good maped tracks. If yes, then stop bother me time and again new pictures of the cars, tracks, tarmac, curbs, threes... and videos from behind the wheel. Is there something new? Just release the sim and let the "simmers" grind around!

Last edited:
This is our least developed track. It's just recently been started. Hence why we put WIP up there...

Anyway, come back to me with 24 hour time of day and fully dynamic weather and we can talk :)

Edit, I'm not sure I agree with you regardless. For an early WIP I think we're comparing well.

Hello Ian, at first I want to say that I enjoy racing in pCARS1 to this day. I bought every DLC, but for me the mod cars extended the lifetime of pCARS in the end. It would be so nice if you could make it a little easier for the modders to make cars for pCARS 2.

I'm driving with a Oculus rift, so what I really hope to be better in pCARS 2 is the flickering of the fences and shadows - was there worked on?
Another question: Could you please make the mirrors adjustable? It is really a Immersion breaker when you sit in the car but cannot use the mirrors because they do not show what is behind you.

Hey Sepp.
Thanks for the support.
That's sub pixel shimmer you're seeing on fences, it's 'very' difficult to eliminate entirely given the variety of settings but it's much better. Shadows we've reworked completely and we're seeing no flickering there now.

We haven't done that with the mirrors. A couple of reasons, so many cars but mainly, you can move your seating position.

I know that you can move the seat position, but when you use Oculus Rift you are forced to get the position of the driver model to get the feeling to be really there. In some cars at pCARS1 you have to put yourself into the left door to see something in outside left mirror.

Any word to modding?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back