PC2 PCARS 2: Cars, Cars and More Cars - New Images Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - Porsche 911 GT.jpg

Not wanting to be out shone by the big news reveals from E3, Slightly Mad Studios have released plenty of new images from Project CARS 2 in recent days.

Entering into the fray come some big hitting machines these last few days, not least of which are Le Mans challengers from Porsche and Ford in the form of the 911 GT R and GT GTE, plus a few previously unseen tin tops and a bit of a lean towards yesteryears golden age of racing.

It is often said that a picture tells a thousand words, and I've already used up some of my 1000 word limit in this post, so I'll just drop these here and let them do the talking...

Project CARS 2 - Porsche 918 Spyder .jpg
Project CARS 2 Grid.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT Multiclass.png
Project CARS 2 GTC.jpg
Project CARS 2 Touring Cars.jpg

Project CARS 2 is scheduled for release across the Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms on the 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the cars revealed so far? Any brand / model or series not currently confirmed would you like to see added next? Let us know in the comments section below!

I know that you can move the seat position, but when you use Oculus Rift you are forced to get the position of the driver model to get the feeling to be really there. In some cars at pCARS1 you have to put yourself into the left door to see something in outside left mirror.

Any word to modding?

Yes, and no :) If modders are good enough, they can crack our code and make something epic as we did back in the day. If not, we're shipping more content than is sensible anyway :)

That's sub pixel shimmer you're seeing on fences, it's 'very' difficult to eliminate entirely given the variety of settings but it's much better. Shadows we've reworked completely and we're seeing no flickering there now.

Hello Ian, good to hear about the Oculus improvement I enjoyed pCARS on PC and especially in VR. I hope we can avoid the career progress wipe issues when using shared memory apps this time that cost a good few hours.

One question for all versions please:

- Will sensible track limits be enabled at launch? The sight of cars cutting the chicanes at Le Mans with no penalty and dominating leaderboard times, as a result, was the main cause of me turning the game off until updated last time.

Also, one main question for the Xbox One version if I may. pCARS was our race groups nightly race game of choice in 2016 and we persevered through the issues. I've added some detail for clarity but this really is one issue.

- Is the Xbox One online multiplayer racing, especially in private lobbies stable and issue free?

For clarity I mean the following:

- Can players now join qualifying sessions without all other players experiencing a 1-3 second on screen freeze?

- Have the regular player disconnection issues/freezing on loading screens been addressed?

- Particularly with Thrustmaster wheels, have the intermittent issues of the wheels either losing force feedback or the force feedback becoming so strong it seizes the wheel in place been solved?

- When inviting friends to join the game or party chat has the issue where this disconnects the invite senders wheel from the game been resolved? Even better could we just use the Xbox One dashboard to invite players to the game this time?

This list isn't meant to sound critical, it is just the issues we faced and were able to overcome with a bit of time wasted in rebooting the game/wheels. We'd have played more if the game had worked more smoothly that is for sure. We had a lot of fun on pCARS and it was at the time by far the best full racing game on Xbox One and with decent wheel feedback.

Also one huge positive, I hope others will still be able to use DLC content in multiplayer sessions as long as the host owns the content. That was a real positive feature last time.

If you want me and my friends to pre-order this time we need to see some independent reviews confirming these issues have been addressed.

I want to buy this game but being banned just because negative criticism isn't accepted by Ian Bell makes me walk away...

The least accurate statement ever... And getting a bit old now...The poor disgruntled (very well behaved but removed for no reason) forum member is so very last decade...

We have 3000 dedicated critics and 10 paid professional critics (who also happen to be racing drivers) on our WMD2 forums for years now, detailing their criticism for all to read and respond to. We don't just welcome criticism, we pay for it. We are paying a lot for it. But if you can't refrain from personal abuse or repetitive whining, we'll probably remove you. As do all normally moderated forums.

We have 3000 dedicated critics
Whose Terms of reference state they must only give positive comment or else..........that is so last decade.:D
ps Ian, good job this place is a normally moderated forum too don't ya think?

To be honest I am looking forward to trying your new racing game out. Roll on September.:thumbsup:

Reactions: mms
Dear @Ian Bell,

Hello, I am looking forward to trying your upcoming game. and one of the main features seems to be endurance racing! :thumbsup: In the previous title DLC cars could not be implemented into multiclass championships. For example I could not use the Toyota TS040 whilst racing in the Endurance series with LMP1, LMP2, GT3 and GT4. Will all future DLC vehicles be implemented into the career mode?

Thanks,

Sam

The least accurate statement ever... And getting a bit old now...The poor disgruntled (very well behaved but removed for no reason) forum member is so very last decade...

We have 3000 dedicated critics and 10 paid professional critics (who also happen to be racing drivers) on our WMD2 forums for years now, detailing their criticism for all to read and respond to. We don't just welcome criticism, we pay for it. We are paying a lot for it. But if you can't refrain from personal abuse or repetitive whining, we'll probably remove you. As do all normally moderated forums.

I would really like to know who did I offend by telling few things about physics and you personally didn't like my comments just because I compared it to NFS Shift? And that's how you end it with banning me...

I would really like to know who did I offend by telling few things about physics and you personally didn't like my comments just because I compared it to NFS Shift? And that's how you end it with banning me...

And FYI I was the first one who gave you lots of info about few bugs at day one...and you/we solved them with cooperative help...but I was paid at the end with the ban...

Without going back on the history I can almost guarantee that it's the way you stated your point and not the point itself. I haven't banned anyone in ages though, our moderators take care of that and from what I can see they do a great job. Any ban is always discussed among the whole group and normally follows warnings.

If though you feel you've been removed unfairly please PM me your forum name and I'll look into it. I'm not saying it can't happen as we have allowed a few people to return.

Yes yes.. I'm sure this is how it all went down.

I'm living proof that you can stick around WMD and not get banned yet give a stupid amount of rather straight forward critique.

This is our least developed track. It's just recently been started. Hence why we put WIP up there...

Anyway, come back to me with 24 hour time of day and fully dynamic weather and we can talk :)

Edit, I'm not sure I agree with you regardless. For an early WIP I think we're comparing well.

All that flicker and just look at those reflections :0 thats enough to turn me off .

Hello Ian , some of the top AAA titles recently have a render scale or pixel density slider alone with dynamic resolution , is this something You could or are able to add to the graphic options in pCars 2 ?
I have pCars 1 and play @ 4k and can have just about everything maxed except for AA (DS2X i think) with my GTX 1070 /i5 6600k with a very smooth v-sync and a bit concerned my system will not cope with pCars 2 due to the extra load from dynamic track and tyre deformation pCars 2 has over its predecessor and think having these graphical options might be something that could help .
I have Gears of War 4 and can have it running @ 60fps with all the Bells and whistles maxed but get some dips in heavy situations but using that slider down a couple of clicks its as smooth and solid in all situations and i honestly cant see any difference .
So please , is this something that You are or will add to pCars 2 ?

How can i read this criticism ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back