PaceNote Plugin Support - General

Of course, I became so intrigued by that irrelevant duplicating that I simply failed to see the solution. The same system has probably been in place for years, but in order to save camera settings in RSRBR you need to manually edit the packs in \RSRBR. Which in Impreza08's case would be A8W_08.7z. Not the easiest of methods, but what can you do?

Problem solved, let's all go home now.

Well, I would not call this an appropriate solution.

Another approach would be to define your custom camera in the "Cameras.ini" file of The Beast alias Pacenote Plugin.

Simply copy a section along with all the values and name it "MyCam" or whatever you like.

Then it would only be a matter of selecting the camera in the camera dialog just before starting the stage.
RSRBR should not bother about that ini file.

Problem solved, let's all go home now.
Not so fast, mister :):). You need to provide us with the other half of the solution, how are we supposed to edit the damn ini file inside the 7z file?

And may I ask why do we need the zipped files when there is the Cars Folder with thousands of text files where we can do all sorts of editing?

I agree that RSRBR wouldn't have to tamper with the ini file in question, and in fact, for the most part it doesn't. Only some packs seem to have that file included, so the system in place really isn't consistent throughout. If there ever was something worth asking from Rallyesim, it is this.

But in the meantime, to edit the packs you'll need 7-zip, http://www.7-zip.org/. Install 7-zip --> Open A8W_08.7z with it --> go to \Cars\Impreza08 --> drag the edited impreza08.ini onto the software --> Say "yes" or something like that anyway --> just close 7-zip. Done.

EDIT. And to make this even easier, use 7-zip to delete those subfolders in \Cars, so that you'll have only cars.ini in there. I bothered to test this even, and there was no nasty surprises. This is THE solution. Have fun.

Last edited:
Well, I would not call this an appropriate solution.

Another approach would be to define your custom camera in the "Cameras.ini" file of The Beast alias Pacenote Plugin.

Simply copy a section along with all the values and name it "MyCam" or whatever you like.

Then it would only be a matter of selecting the camera in the camera dialog just before starting the stage.
RSRBR should not bother about that ini file.

Hello WorkerBee. I love this editor, and am fairly new to it. I have been trying to follow the thread here to see if RSRBR has allowed this plug in yet and haven't found a satisfactory answer. So, has it been approved yet?

In my opinion using the editor greatly enhances the game play to the extent that playing the game without my own custom notes seems almost unplayable.

Obviously I'm not WorkerBee, but I'll reply anyway. The Pacenote Plugin was approved by RSRBR admins "years ago" meaning about 6 months after the initial release, for both offline and online use.

However, with RSRBR there are certain quirks that fortunately can be eradicated. Like that thing with camera presets just above, which is an inconsistent bug to begin with. But more importantly, you should delete eq_mix.dll in the Plugins folder, after which the engine sounds will be fine when turning the plugin on and off in-game.

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I had been pouring over this thread trying to find the answer, but I must have glossed over it. I will delete that file, it is rather annoying to have the volumes go all wonky.

Thanks again, and sorry for cluttering the thread.

I have a feature request or two.

Could we have just numbers as options for calls? I would like to make turns that go something like "4 right tightens into 3", but currently it ends up as "4 right tightens into 3 right". And whereas correct it is much more of a mouthful for the co-driver and can lead to note stacking.

I would also like the option to remove "into"s between close calls if I so desire. Again it is to save the co-driver syllables and avoid note stacking.

Thank you all for your excellent work.

Can't get this to work in the 2014 Race center.Installed everything including updates then car pack then the track pack.
I click Pace Notes Manager in the plugins tab and nothing shows up.

OK, let's be clear about this: PaceNote Plugin and Pacenotes Manager are two totally different things. Pacenotes Manager is Rallyesim's utility for changing the co-driver; one that has to be downloaded separately (if you really need it) from http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewforum.php?f=69&sid=d013c870821e89ef60dadd2829551276.

(Also it has to be said that the track pack should be installed right after the main RSRBR component - before updates and car packs - but there's another time and place for that discussion.)

Hi guy's, I have problem with Noiker II ss (on BRBTM). When I edit pace note (Descriptive-Extended) I lost first split check in game and finally got DNF. When I try compare original DLS with my new, time split is in the same place what is problem?
I upload file its 7z archive I just add .txt, just delete it and open with 7z program or similar. Thanks for answer!

Attachments

• track-55_O.7z.txt
    33.9 KB · Views: 308
Well, obviously this is a bug in RBRTM's paranoid anti-cheat algorithm, maybe Wally in his ivory tower can shed light on this.

The original DLS has an "Easy Right" at 14003.3, which is located right behind the Finish pacenote.
Barbje, you have removed that one.
TM does not like that.
Note: never change the pacenotes located behind the finish line when driving with the TM plugin !

Thanks for answer - is possible repair it in this my dls? Because i have a lot important changes on this long stage and I don't want did tit again.
And sorry WorkerBee, I want return again, for my question, may in future will possible make "Save as" feature in your best ever plugin for RBR? It will save a lot time when save new pace notes for others tracksettings...
Thank's for your works again!
BR
Rally G

Your DLS can't be repaired.
Maybe try re-inserting the missing pacenote, exactly !

No "Save As" features, sorry. It is best to save all your notes as BTB, so you have a backup anyway, and then reimport it into all those different weather and track settings specific dls files.

So some of the competitors of a weekly rally that I rallymaster have started using the Oculus Rift and the Pacenote editor doesn't pop up for them, so they cannot use it. Is there any sort of work around that might allow them to be able to load the notes for BTB stages in particular (since you can't just 'save')?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to change the home directory for where the pacenote editor starts looking when you bring up the file browser?

For instance it currently starts in the Richard Burns Rally home folder, but I would like it to start looking in a sub directory where I keep all of my pacenotes. I was looking at the PaceNote.ini file, but it didn't seem like there was a place for this.

No way to do this.
Personally I store my Pacenotes in a folder located outside any RBR installation directory.
But it is only required to change to that directory once per RBR session (if you are using a decent plugin/mod), so this is no big deal.

Another solution I could think of is to create a symlink (Windows command prompt in RBR installation directory: "mklink /D mypaceotes ..\..\mypacenotes" or similar) from your pacenote folder right to your RBR installation folder.
So you can directly change into this linked directory when the file browser opens.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back