PaceNote Plugin Support - General

Oh yes we spend a lot of time to catch and sort real pacenotes. You have many general differences for different countrys and additional every driver personalize the own pacenotes by own mind.

We add most as possible vaiants in base definition and avoid pacenote "grouping". So you have to chance to personalize it best as possible for you.

Longlong/Very Long + Shortshort/Very Short?

my similar note for that is long + (longer) and long ++ (very long)
in general, i use "+" for increased a note (longer, higher whatever) and "-" to decrease.

Slippy/Slippery?
in general if you drive 180km/h throght forest you must call short as possible at all. i would allways use slippy

go stuff
it is sometimes a different between narrow and go narrow example:

3 right narrow means roadwidth becames smaler in the corner
3 right go narow stone means you need to pass close to the stone

There some other notes where one additional word change the sense completely.

for some other notes never heard in real (in your language). We find some pacenotesystems in different languages. If we think the note from one language make sense we try to translate it for the other too (dosn´t matter if was used in this language or not). sometimes we didnt get best result for practice....
Sorry for that, but if we had got more feedback during develop time, there could be many more languages included (we was start contact with polish, fins, netherlands, slowenian too)

for all trackmacker, please create the basic notes with the option "rbr" "rbr" these make sure, all called without the pacenotetool (standard RBR pacenotesystem)

Lamda

Hello, thank u very much for this really really naturally :) usefull plugin for a rally game.I admire ur work. After installing pacenote plugin, i cant hear "finish" call. İf i uninstall plugin, the call comes back.But after insatalling plugin, no finish again.I have my own TUR language pacenotes installed, but i tried with the original note files with the same result. So, is it bug or a problem with my files. And what is ur advice for a solution without reinstalling the game and all other stuff, and keeping plugin?. Thank u again for ur help.

Hello, thank u very much for this really really naturally :) usefull plugin for a rally game.I admire ur work. After installing pacenote plugin, i cant hear "finish" call. İf i uninstall plugin, the call comes back.But after insatalling plugin, no finish again.I have my own TUR language pacenotes installed, but i tried with the original note files with the same result. So, is it bug or a problem with my files. And what is ur advice for a solution without reinstalling the game and all other stuff, and keeping plugin?. Thank u again for ur help.

Your files are just fine. When the plugin uses rbr.ini (the default option) "finish" can only be heard when there are pacenotes AFTER the finish line. So off the top of my head I'd imagine you could hear it in a stage like East-West. Possibly. Not sure.

So as it's designed this way, it's not really "a bug". There is a way to "fix" it but I believe it's not my business to go into details about any of that.

Thanx for the hint. Gonna have a look at that one. This should be easy to fix.

Note:
No need to reinstall the whole game, deinstalling the Pacenote plugin is just a matter of deleting the Pacenote folder and the DLL.
To install again, simply extract the pacenote installation archive.

Your files are just fine. When the plugin uses rbr.ini (the default option) "finish" can only be heard when there are pacenotes AFTER the finish line. So off the top of my head I'd imagine you could hear it in a stage like East-West. Possibly. Not sure.

So as it's designed this way, it's not really "a bug". There is a way to "fix" it but I believe it's not my business to go into details about any of that.

so if i add some more notes after finish i can hear them? :) ok i'll give a try

Actually there is missing an entry for the FINISH callout in one of the INI files.

Copy the attached file "Rbr.ini" into "«RBR-Folder»\Plugins\Pacenote\config\pacenotes\packages\links" and everything should be fine.

For the curious:
I added
Code:
[PACENOTE::FINISH]      ; legacy sound
column=-1

for the sound to be recognized by the plugin. As the column is negative, the item won't show up in the plugins ui.

Attachments

• Rbr.ini
    330 bytes · Views: 825
Is possible make another "save as" option - Save as ***.dls. Its will good if you don't want go to game find edited pacenote and rename it for another weather settings. It will save time. When you make yours pace notes is ready for new track in E or N, you can instantly save it as O or like this...
Sorry my english
BR
Rally G

No plans for such a feature.
Use the BTB ini file options to save/restore into another map.
Takes just a few seconds more, just open and save after loading the target map, that's all.

WorkerBee, what do the highlighted numbers mean?

b0g8.png

thanks

You may have guessed it, these are the damage percentages of the tyre segments.
Each tyre has 8 segments.
That is also true for the other parts. Each number represents the damage in percent.
Plus and minus specify the direction of the "damage", e.g. a bent suspension arm.

If a tyre segment has 100% damage, then you will lose 10% of friction.
Sounds not that much, but actually makes a big difference in driving.

Actually the wheels get never damaged, as some other parts like brake discs and brake pads.

You may have guessed it, these are the damage percentages of the tyre segments.
Each tyre has 8 segments.
That is also true for the other parts. Each number represents the damage in percent.
Plus and minus specify the direction of the "damage", e.g. a bent suspension arm.

If a tyre segment has 100% damage, then you will lose 10% of friction.
Sounds not that much, but actually makes a big difference in driving.

Actually the wheels get never damaged, as some other parts like brake discs and brake pads.

Thankyou Workerbee, Indeed 10% is a big difference, while practicing for a rally with realistic damage I noticed that by the third stage without repairing I was finishing 13 seconds slower than by doing the stage with new tires, it's interesting because I had always doubted about tyre wear in RBR and now I find this very interesting.

An interesting thing I found is that if I used tyre pressures at 300 kPa the tyre wear wouldn't be much different from the tyre wear when using 200 and 100 kPa and interestingly the tyre was the least damaged when using 200 kPa and it was 2 seconds slower than 100 and 300, the difference in damage wasn't that big to justify the 2 seconds time difference though, I hope to find a way to reduce tyre wear without having to loose too much time.

Also, that is a fantastic plugin you made, many thanks for such great work and useful tools :thumbsup:

Hi gentlemen. Camera settings problem here. I can not save the camera settings for some cars. For example Imprezza08. I change the numbers of 3 cameras with the plugin and the car is loaded with the previous impreza08.ini file with the wrong numbers. The crazy thing is that if I change the impreza08.ini outside the game and put the correct numbers "by hand", again the game loads the original version of the file with the wrong numbers again. All files in the CARS folder are NOT read only. I am the administrator of the pc and the game's folder is C:\Racing\RBR\.

Hi gentlemen. Camera settings problem here. I can not save the camera settings for some cars. For example Imprezza08. I change the numbers of 3 cameras with the plugin and the car is loaded with the previous impreza08.ini file with the wrong numbers. The crazy thing is that if I change the impreza08.ini outside the game and put the correct numbers "by hand", again the game loads the original version of the file with the wrong numbers again. All files in the CARS folder are NOT read only. I am the administrator of the pc and the game's folder is C:\Racing\RBR\.

I looked into this for a laugh, seems like an interesting problem you've got there, but I'm afraid I cannot replicate your description as it is, I don't think. I edited the cam presets of Impreza08 successfully in Czech Plugin and RSRBR.

However, I notice that in impreza08.ini all the camera presets are there TWICE. Obviously I have no idea why it's like that and the funniest thing is that when I removed the duplicates -> went to the game -> saved a new preset, it did save it but again the camera presets plus two other entrys were there twice. Somehow it is able to create a backup of the original presets, which to me is most peculiar and surely doesn't happen with all the cars.

And now for the important part: if one used the Pacenote Plugin only to edit camera and then disabled/removed the plugin, the game would read the original backup presets of Impreza08 instead of the ones saved with the plugin.

I'm sure this isn't helpful to you in any way, but that's the beauty of porridge getting involved in things he shouldn't.

That is correct, porridge. Nice observation, I forgot to mention it in my previous post. In the specific impprezza08.ini the cameras are put twice. However, even if you delete one of the two sets, the program somehow reverts back to the previous version of the file. It is the undestructable file, nobody can change it. I would like to know the results if someone could try this test with some or all of other cars. I think that it works well with DS3 WRC and C4 2010. I am going to investigate further...

Well, guys, just downloaded the Impreza08 from the CZ web site to give it a try.

Indeed, the camera settings are twice in the ini file(s).
That is nonsense of course, so I removed the duplicate entries.
As expected, I was able to load and save some camera settings (bonnet/bonnet2) in the file via the pacenote plugin.
Restarting RBR the new settings were still present, no surprise either.
Checked the files in a text editor. Everything fine.

So I suppose you may have some program/plugin which maybe loads/copies another prestine file from some location into the "Cars/..." folder.
Actually there are some subfolders like "ligh off" (another error in the package) and "light on" in the Impreza08 folder, which contain further screwed ini files having duplicate camera entries.

Can one of you guys advise RallyeSim of these findings / errors, hopefully they will fix them in a future Update. I'm assuming these errors carry over to the RSRBR2014 cars as well??? :unsure:

I have no interest in reporting anything to Rallyesim myself, and after testing some scenarios I came to a conclusion that it necessarily wouldn't be worth it for anyone else either. I mean, someone can go on, and with some luck maybe some things can be fixed but I personally doubt it.

Like WorkerBee already stated, under "normal" circumstances (as in clean RBR or Czech Plugin) there is no automatic duplication let alone anything else odd going on. It's with these other plugins like RSRBR and RBR-World where different things tend to happen, presumably depending on how they manage certain elements (like those lamps). RBR-World for instance has a habit of replacing the ini file constantly - a kind of action that I guess Lorimer is writing about - but at the same time they have covered any potential camera issues by integrating their own "camhack" to their "RSCenter-like" user interface.

I thought I accidentally found a way to stop RSRBR duplicating the presets (which, let me remind you, seems harmless although strange) but quite frankly it was so beyond belief that it probably didn't even happen. ;-)

The only plugin I have installed is the Pacenotes. I have the RBR2014 as I downloaded from the French site, nothing else. Of course the 2 updates are installed as well.
Further investigation results: first of all there are 5 impreza08.ini files in the C:\Racing\RBR\Cars\Impreza08 folder. I think the program replaces the impreza08.ini in the "Root" car folder with one of the others.
And guess what: I copied the impreza08.ini file to the desktop, made the changes with my numbers (which I figured out using the plugin), copied it back into the game's folder and changed the attributes to read only. Ran the game, exit and voila: the old file with date modified 1/1/2010 is back there with the wrong numbers. Drives you nuts, doesn't it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back