OZV8 Mod to No Longer Be Made for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will go down im sim racing history. And that team of robbers modders will never live this down. It is blatant theft and surely cannot be allowed to happen. It's a like a scam and many GSCE users have been scammed in this little clever operation. A blight on the whole sim racing and modding community. I hope this gets reported in as many places as possible. Disgusting. :mad::thumbsdown:

Reactions: hex
Too bad, I was looking foward to this.... but on the other hand because of this initiative we got the car I enjoy the most in GSCE... the Super V8 :)

I don't think many are crying that the mod isn't coming, there more pissed that the gsc community that raised the funds are funding 2 other games and getting nothing in return.
Plus why convert a rf1 mod when reiza has already given us the best one to date :)

i dont about old rf1 mods ^^ there good models on other games :p for sure reiza did a great model but there more models needed than just one to fill the complete field ;)

i dont paid but i feel a bit pissed that the cars wont come now... i would never pay for "mods on wip" just if i could get something directly after i paid like the mods from urd... i have to work too hard for my money than making others happy with it and i get nothing for it... what happened should be a good example to think twice next time before donating :) would be good if everyone now could get the money back...

Just sent the guys on VirtualR a report on this. I consider this pretty important news for the simracing community. So we try and avoid situations like this ever happening again. Our community doesn't need this sort of things.

Just sent the guys on VirtualR a report on this. I consider this pretty important news for the simracing community. So we try and avoid situations like this ever happening again. Our community doesn't need this sort of things.

I hope they will report Reiza position too, I don't care if we miss some cars in-game but I care for Reiza work...
I think should be written an article here too, this is the channel where Reiza talks with us, needs our support (they talked bad of GSCE and community) and I think we should move all togheter against such kind of people...

Just got some renders of Mak corps and OZ's new model.
‪bike.jpg

Holy cow you'd think the way everyone here is reacting to this that the SROZ guys were running a Nigerian prince scam on a children's hospital.

It seems to me this is a case of over-ambition and under-estimating the task of making a top notch mod. It's pretty clear they screwed up, and like all backers I am very disappointed that this won't be coming to my favorite sim, but that's a risk I took when I chose to back this, heck it's the risk you take when you back ANYTHING on the internet. There was a risk when I backed the Reiza campaign that they would not reach their targets for many of their goals, but like the OZV8 campaign I weighed up whether I was okay supporting something with the possibility of my money going to waste, as opposed to throwing money at something blindly. I still refuse to think that this is a result of any malice aforethought on their part.

I hope the SROZ guys have learned from this and will take those lessons into account when working with their new partner, and I hope the storm that has accompanied this doesn't put off any modders who want to try something similar in the future with a bit more planning. Heck, the last think we need is to create negativity that makes the sim racing modding scene any smaller than it already is.

/my brave attempt to be the voice of reason on the internet

I hope the SROZ guys have learned from this and will take those lessons into account when working with their new partner

I would a agree if that had been their stance. It has so far been laid at the feet of Reiza, so why not place blame where deserved. In the real world not completing work for pay rendered is considered fraud regardless of intention. It is more of a ding on the crowd funding world than sim racing.

We´ll let this thread continue for another day, but this is not really a Reiza or GSCE discussion so not for us to mediate it. It will be closed soon.

I´m willing to give OZV8 the benefit of doubt here, and to help move things along I´ll expand on our original proposal to them: if they do manage to create all remaining models and have them ready both in rF2 and AC, they may use whatever they find useable from the SuperV8 (models, textures, sounds physics) to complete the project. And if they manage that, porting it from rF2 to GSCE should be easy-peasy for anyone who knows their way around the ISI engine. That should mean everyone is happy, assuming creating a cool mod is what this really is about.

Let´s see it happen :)

Disclaimer - this is not carte blanche to anyone willing to convert the SuperV8 by itself :p

We´ll let this thread continue for another day, but this is not really a Reiza or GSCE discussion so not for us to mediate it. It will be closed soon.

I´m willing to give OZV8 the benefit of doubt here, and to help move things along I´ll expand on our original proposal to them: if they do manage to create all remaining models and have them ready both in rF2 and AC, they may use whatever they find useable from the SuperV8 (models, textures, sounds physics) to complete the project. And if they manage that, porting it from rF2 to GSCE should be easy-peasy for anyone who knows their way around the ISI engine. That should mean everyone is happy, assuming creating a cool mod is what this really is about.

Let´s see it happen :)

Disclaimer - this is not carte blanche to anyone willing to convert the SuperV8 by itself :p

I really hope OZV8 will take this great offer from Reiza. I backed the Indiegogo OZV8-project and was very disappointed learning that they switched platforms and wouldn't agree to a refund.

I now would really love to see Reiza do a ford model for the Superv8's so we could have Holden v's ford just like it used to be about 4 years ago in V8 Supercars here in Australia. Let's all get behind Reiza and support a great company that they are.

The pcars comparison is a very weak as well, and for there own information SMS was offering refunds pretty much up until the end of development. There's a big difference of creating a crowd funding project for a specific game and switch titles than it is for a dev team not to add a feature upon release but promise it will be added later.
Even those that hated sms decisions have very little to complain about since they all got there money back + 10% and will continue to get paid quarterly for the next few yrs.
you advertised a product for a certain game took our money which you lost due to the lack of research and trust now the gsc community gets shafted, but on the upside 2 other communities benefit from our funding?

Like Msportdan said......very amateur!

I am not gonna name call with regards to this but just would like to say I agree with what you said about the WMD campaign. I guess when you crowd fund a lesser know entity things like this might happen. So far my commitments toward crowd funding have worked out okay except IDK if BugBear will fulfill their promise with regards to my perks.(I was a very early funder of Next Car Game) The structure changed with the 2nd attempt at funding. We shall see. Also I am not getting the Beta Builds for SCE from Reiza and my Beta Code won't work but I am not too worried about it.

Best advice I've heard on how you should think about taking part in crowdfunding (paraphrasing):
"Treat it like you're throwing the money away. If something ever comes of it, it'll be a nice surprise."

The reason I was looking forward to this mod was because they were to use the great physics Reiza did for the SuperV8. Imo by far the best V8 Supercar in any sim I've come across. Now it's anybodys guess what the physics will be like. Assuming this ever sees the light of day.

Last edited:
This thread is not yours to close or to decide how long it runs.:rolleyes: People feel that they have been robbed. Let them say what they want. At the end of the day, the oz mod team took money under false pretences.

Lets face it, imagine seeing a crowd funding platform that grabs your attention. They are building a space ship to go to Mars. You pledge a sum of money and the reward will be a seat on the first flight.

Then you get an email saying they are building a boat instead and they are now going to Afghanistan instead of Mars. You can't have your money back because you should have realised we could and probably would change our minds. Quite a big change in the terms I'd say.:rolleyes: But hey ho, they have a legal team with a head office in New York no doubt. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back