OZV8 Mod to No Longer Be Made for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only read about the mod here, but it was absolutely clear that Reiza was not responsible for that project in any way.

Maybe those modders did spread false information, that might be possible (although i have no evidence for it, nor any knowledge of false information regarding that mod on other websites)

I just know that Reiza did never state anywhere that they will recreate the whole V8 Supercar series, it was always made clear by Reiza that we will get a single car that resembles the V8 Supercars.

@Peevee88
Yeah in all those articles you listed I didn't see anyone promising or guaranteeing the V8 Supercars. The wording was more like, "hopes to bring" and "plans to bring". Every article was worded different and didn't contain any direct quotes from Reiza. Those were all interpretations from the person that wrote the blog and all should be taken with a grain of salt. Because we all know that everything we read on the internet is true.:thumbsup: And besides, you are taking this way too serious.:D

No doubt you are correct on the assumption thing. However you are totally wrong when you say there is no evidence that led myself and others to believe it would be the full series.

So I say take your own valuable advice: Never treat your assumptions as fact

I clearly was not the only deluded one as here you will find multiple references to GSCE Super V8 Series:

For sure there are many more 'assumers' or 'ass-umers' in forums and comments etc.
Interestingly none of the above mentioned (in comments etc) have a Reiza official (or fanboy;-) disputed/corrected the report of a SuperV8 series to be released.

Articles 1, 3, 6 and 7 make no mention of Reiza doing a full v8 supercar series. V8 supercar and Super V8 are different things. V8 Supercars is the name of the real series. Super v8 is reizas name for their car. Important distinction.

Articles 4 and 5 and talking about the Sim Racing Australia mod project (article 5 says that Reiza will contribute their physics and sounds to the project after the models are done by SRA)

Article 2 states that Sim Racing Australia will create 5 models (inaccurate. reiza created one and SRA were going to add four more for their project)

None of these state that Reiza were going to create a full v8 supercar championship and that's not what they crowdfunded for. BTW you do get that there was 2 crowdfunding projects don't you? Reiza had one and the mod group had one (to create the 4 extra models).

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a fanboy. ;)

@Michael Stead You are a good lawyer man - I want you on my side when I go to war!!!
@FlyGasm This is the most fun I have had and a pity I have to go do some real work now
Be back later - meanwhile I hope Reiza give some feedback or else we go Indiegogo and seewhat they say...
Doing my bit for the downtrodden thats all ;-)

Paul, frankly you are fudging lines between two completely different campaigns that are nowhere close to being fudgy. I suggest you take that morning coffee, it might help you distinguish things more clearly :)

As others have attempted to explain, the OZV8 mod is a project by the OZV8 group to create a complete mod based on V8 Supercars series. We are not accountable for this project, beyond what we publically stated we would do for it - create our own V8 car which they (OZV8) could then use the sound and physics from within the GSCE environment. A further connection between Reiza and this project perceived by you or implied by OZV8 is not something we should answer for.

The SuperV8 series is a Reiza invention, just like the F-Classic, or the F-V12 series.. This is a fictional, single car series based on the V8 australian racing series. Nowhere in our proposal or elsewhere will you find a suggestion by us that this fictional series is to be composed by 5 different 3D car models, and there is no legitimate reason for that to be assumed. Our modus operandi with the afforementioned fictional series should already suggest that.

The SuperV8 series was a component of our crowdfunding campaign, which was proposed as a collaboration between us and the community to develop our simulations - the components of which were outlined in the campaign itself. The SuperV8 Series as we envisaged has already been delivered to the game. The rest will follow as per the outline, with the specifics of each component being left very much to our discretion.

If by any chance you misunderstood what was being proposed, or if for whatever reason you feel our credibility is in check here to the point you do not want to be part of that collaboration anymore, feel free to contact me and I`ll grant you a full refund and cancel your participation as a gesture of good faith. But I´ll state clear we did not provide the room for such confusion.

Last edited:
They seem to be shonks at everything they turn their hand to. I'm a member of a long running Aussie sim-racing group that has been going by the name of "Sim Racing Australia" for several years and once this mob surfaced using the same title a couple of years ago, they were questioned about it and politely ask to change to something else. But they basically blew us off and told us to get stuffed. So yeah, this OzV8 mod comes to no surprise that it's another failed venture. I guess it's a case of what goes around, comes around.

I hope you guys at Reiza don't let the debacle of the OZV8 team change the way you interact with the sim community at large. Up until now you guys have been fantastic at cultivating a welcoming environment for discussions and communication with your many fans. Your openness has been refreshing and very much appreciated.

It would be a great shame if that openness was lost because of the actions of a few. Hopefully in the future you will still welcome modders with open arms and let the sim racing genre thrive.

Last edited:
@michael You are a good lawyer man - I want you on my side when I go to war!!!
@FlyGasm This is the most fun I have had and a pity I have to go do some real work now
Be back later - meanwhile I hope Reiza give some feedback or else we go Indiegogo and seewhat they say...
Doing my bit for the downtrodden thats all ;-)

Are you a fake user of OZV8 Group? Its cleary that Reiza dont have fault in this.

Gostaria de deixar claro que o trabalho da Reiza é irrepreensível. Todos os realmente interessados sabem que a Reiza nada tem haver que esse desastre.

Mas esperamos que isso não afete o trabalho de vocês. É evidente que têm feito o seu melhor, não apenas pelo dinheiro, mas porque gostam do que fazem.

Continuamos na expectativa de novas atualizações do jogo e acho que esse assunto é caso encerrado aqui no RD. Quem contribuiu e foi lesado deverá procurar o site onde pagou e os idealizadores do projeto.

I would like to make it clear that the work of Reiza is beyond reproach. All really interested know that nothing be this Reiza disaster.

But we hope that this will not affect your work. It is clear that you have done your best, not just for the money, but because they like what they do.

We're still expecting new updates of the game and I think this is case closed here at Rd. Who contributed and been injured should seek the site where paid and the creators of the project.

Traduzido por Bing Tradutor – bing.com/translator

&

Up front I must state that I am a big Reiza fan and have invested in their project. Love the Brazilian V8s and rate it as one of the best tin tops ever in simming.

The SuperV8 are an interesting addition and I for one was eagerly awaiting completion of the project - if I am not mistaken still missing to complete the project are: Ford Falcon, Mercedes AMG, Nissan Altima and Volvo S60.

But now this is not going to happen and I am not happy.

What concerns me is that Reiza appear to be washing their hands off this mess as if they have nothing to do with it. However I for one was inspired to invest in the Reiza Simracing Bonanza! because SuperV8s were part of the deal.

The presence of this was very much used on the launch of the crowd funding:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
New cars & tracks
Inspired by the very popular V8 series from the land down under, the 600 BHP SuperV8 series provide some of the purest racing action on the planet.

Now that we are not getting this. I am aggrieved not with the modder people that have reneged on a deal - that's all backroom stuff that I don't care about - I expected SuperV8 in GSCE from Reiza - now that it is not happening I feel Reiza is accountable.

For example if a car company eg. OMG Autos puts out a new car, and before long there are problems with the brakes supplied by ShiteBrakes Inc - no one cares that it was the brakes company who cocked up - in the end OMG Autos company chose a bad supplier and thus the onus is on them to rectify the mess, namely: replace the brakes and/or refund those affected.

So I don't see that Reiza can simply blame the losers who provided the SuperV8 mod and can simply walk away free of responsibility. Reiza made some bad calls getting into bed with the wrong crowd - that's their problem which they need to sort out and deliver on the business plan promised investors.

Therefore I want my SuperV8 mod which was among the promises made here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
The prospect of a good Aussie V8 Supercar sim contributed to me forking out $300 for the privilege of receiving this in the not too distant future.

I really don't care what happened behind the scenes and the dirty laundry that is being aired. I expect in due course a notification from Reiza to pacify me (and other investors who delivered $106,485 into their coffers) that they will (somehow) deliver a complete SuperV8 mod as promised and which enticed me to fund their project in the first place.

Afterall I was hardly inspired by the other promised mods: Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, Copa Montana and Formula V10. The raison d'être for me - the big cheese in other words - is SuperV8 and anything less will not be cool.

In closing I add that Reiza say on their Simracing Bonanza Indiegogo page:

If we meet (or exceed) the campaign funding goal, all GSCE owners will enjoy a further batch of free updates (beyond those already planned) to include the items described above [including Superv8] within 4-5 months of wrapping the campaign.

And this is what happened:
Original campaign was 124% funded on July 25, 2015

So unless Reiza can give me a good reason why this is not going to happen, I am still expecting a finished SuperV8 project in GSCE anytime between 25 November 2015 and 25 January 2016...
Excuse me sir................. but this is some very big bull poop and from a very big bull!
What the heck did I just read? *needs jackie chan meme*

Thanks for the support gents. I must admit this debacle and some other reactions we´ve been dealing with lately have taken a toll on the general enthusiasm... It does tend to grow back like weed though so you shouldn´t be too concerned :)

And we´d never be turned off by modders, as we were (are) all modders ourselves. I guess there might be a lesson to be learned here though about modders that don´t actually mod - those are the ones that tend to start things for all the wrong reasons.

Ok I think I need to weigh in here because people need to get their
facts straight before they start getting on the bash wagon. A lot of
what is being thrown around here is unfounded.

I first heard of the OZV8 campaign only very recently through contact
made to me by Phil and Darren.

I've heard what has happened directly from them, and I understand the
original artist hired to develop the vehicles did not do such a great
job and left the team high and dry when it came to fixes. Further, I
understand it has come to light that the models being developed were
also sold on to another party.

The OZV8 mod team contacted us for the continued repair work and
development of their V8 Supercar models. In discussing this and
having seen the issue’s the models have we advised the models
needed major rework to the point where we would preference scrapping
them and starting from scratch.

This process was discussed at length and Phill and Darren are covering any
expenses required to undertake the model development out of their own
pocket considering their pledge money had been used up on the other
3D artist.

As a commercial studio we accept jobs from any client that is willing to
pay.

I did notice today that there was information going viral around the
web in regards to the pledge information they announced recently and
the change of platforms which has caused the issue – understandably.

Phill and Darren under reconsideration and following a discussion with
myself, and given Reiza studio’s recent kind offer on Race
Department to still allow the OZV8 mod team to still use the Reiza
Studio’s developed ‘Super V8’ assets have now decided to still
deliver the mod on the SCE platform as was originally promised. GREAT
NEWS!.

Mak-Corp will assist Phill and Darren to make this delivery in full and
100% unchanged from as committed via their crowd funding program. All
pledge perks will be honoured and unchanged.

As I do not want MAK-Corp to be part of this controversy; that doesn't
involve us to begin with, I have instructed Phill and Darren to
communicate with their pledgers regarding refunds and to smooth out
any bug bears between them behind closed doors not airing laundry on
the forums and or news sites of the sim racing world, Instead to do
it one on one in email communications. This said, It is hoped in good
faith now that the SCE platform is back on the agenda and is going to
be delivered that the pledgers who were seeking refunds still get
behind this project.

Phil hand Darren have agreed in our meetings with them these terms
outlined above and they will issue an updated statement to their
crowd fund pledge members in the next 48 hours moving forwards.

It has been agreed in our assisting and as already mentioned yesterday
that the mod will still also now be delivered on rFactor 2 and
Assetto Corsa for free to all meaning it’s a win win for all sim
racers alike.

OZV8 - SCE. rFactor2. Assetto Corsa.

In my discussions with Phill and Darren it has become very apparent to
me that both of these gentlemen have always been acting in the best
interests of the project. They have taken on a huge undertaking and
implementing a method that has never been done before – crowd
funding / contracting.

In reaching out to Mak Corp for assistance they were seeking a way to
ensure they could still deliver the project given the meagre funds
raised have been used. They admit they were perhaps over ambitious,
and somewhat naive.

They are very apologetic for the trouble they have caused over the last
few days and accept the responsibility for the mistakes they have
made.

As for MAK-Corp. We do a lot of commercial client work for many clients
around the world. modding for us these days is an afterthought, it's
a hobby we now do in our spare time which is rare given our
commercial commitments with our clients.

It amuses me still that to this day that people still harp on about the
past and it's always the same guys. I can't make this clear enough,
our commercial obligations with our clientele will always come first
and as such it always out-weigh’s any free mods we deliver the
community.

I hope this will put the matter to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.3%