OZV8 Mod to No Longer Be Made for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 130869

Backing MAK Corp or giving money to Sim Dream are big mistakes that the simracing community should learn and imprint in its head. For good. One for being a perennial non-deliverer of anything - especially of quality - and the other for being a ripper for profit, as disgusting as those folks compiling free GP4 mods and selling online.

Therefore I want my SuperV8 mod which was among the promises made here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
The prospect of a good Aussie V8 Supercar sim contributed to me forking out $300 for the privilege of receiving this in the not too distant future.

The crowd-funding makes no promise of a "Aussie v8 Supercar sim" only "Inspired by the very popular V8 series from the land down under, the 600 BHP SuperV8 series provide some of the purest racing action on the planet." as you said, which is what the super v8 in the game is. It makes no promise of a full v8 supercar series.

The crowd-funding makes no promise of a "Aussie v8 Supercar sim" only "Inspired by the very popular V8 series from the land down under, the 600 BHP SuperV8 series provide some of the purest racing action on the planet." as you said, which is what the super v8 in the game is. It makes no promise of a full v8 supercar series.
We are now nitpicking and getting into the slimey legalspeak - making the whole project look like the aforementioned Nigerian scam - at the time of this going live the implication was that the SuperV8 series was in the making not just the Holden...

I was not the only one as at the time this was reported on 3 April on SimPit: http://thesimpit.com/en/news/comments/V8-Supercars-coming-to-Stock-Car-Extreme-in-5-Flavors

Moving forward in time, there is now a group that is working directly with Reiza Studios, to create a super mod of sort. Sim Racing Australia, is creating a mod that follows the 2015 Austarlian V8 Supercars in great detail. Their mod will provide 5 different car models that bare a striking resemblence to the real life models seen in that series. The mod will include 6 liveries for each model giving drivers a 30 car grid similar to the one that can been seen each weekend if watching the supercars on tv.

On another note of course crowdfunding is an excuse to beg for money without returns for the donors - nevertheless I entered the scheme (for the first time I did such a thing) in good faith and I am now starting to get a burning feeling ;-)

Last edited:
It is not nitpicking Paul.
Reiza never talked about a full series you know. If they planned to do every cars, be sure they would have added It as an argument In the crowd description.
They probably saw a option to propose all the cars to us when they decided to help OZv8, because they did Not plan to do It by themselves. It seems logical to me.

We are now nitpicking and getting into the slimey legalspeak - making the whole project look like the aforementioned Nigerian scam - at the time of this going live the implication was that the SuperV8 series was in the making not just the Holden...
And of course crowdfunding is an excuse to beg for money without returns for the donors - nevertheless I entered the scheme (for the first time I did such a thing) in good faith and I am now starting to get a burning feeling ;-)

What legal speak? Reading what is actually said vs what you want it to say is an important distinction and has nothing to do with legality. The promise of more car models was only made by the mod team. Reiza only ever promoted the thing that resembles a holden. The mod team promised more car models using Reizas physics and sounds. Reiza fulfilled their obligation, the mod team have not.

The necessary change will also now mean the mod can now be enjoyed by more people for many, many more years to come by nature of the fact SCE is heading towards end of life as it’s developer is starting to talk about it’s future platform options (2016), whilst the newer Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 titles are still in a extended (perpetual?) beta phase and therefore offer a much longer expected life time for you to use the mod and enjoy it.
Strange thing to say after taking money from the SCE fan base. If that were the case then why even ask for funding on a product that is heading towards end of life?

The problem for these guys is that people never forget, and better yet the internet never forgets. They've scarred their reputation forever, plain and simple. If they tried to be upfront and work with the people demanding refunds then it might be seen as an honest mistake. But instead they are just bailing out and blaming someone else for their failure. You can tell by the tone of the announcement that they are not being honest. I also didn't see any sort of an apology, just a blame game.

It is not nitpicking Paul.
Reiza never talked about a full series you know. If they planned to do every cars, be sure they would have added It as an argument In the crowd description.
They probably saw a option to propose all the cars to us when they decided to help OZv8, because they did Not plan to do It by themselves. It seems logical to me.
Patrick it does not seem logical to me. Everywhere at the time the buzz was about GSCE getting SuperV8 series (not just one car from the series) even SimPit thought so and I will find more links to prove that the expectation by many people was the full series.
I honestly believe that the $100k would not have been attained if SuperV8 was not the headline act which it is in the Indiegogo page - far less I would guess.
So I still want the SuperV8 series we were promised

@Peevee88

i just have one thing to say you should have your facts straight before involving Reiza as it was clear from the start that they wasn't working with the simracingoz group and that they would only bring one car to the game.

Reactions: hex
What legal speak? Reading what is actually said vs what you want it to say is an important distinction and has nothing to do with legality. The promise of more car models was only made by the mod team. Reiza only ever promoted the thing that resembles a holden. The mod team promised more car models using Reizas physics and sounds. Reiza fulfilled their obligation, the mod team have not.
LOL Are you a Reiza lawyer?
It's like this: I will wait and see how Reiza respond to my request for the SuperV8 they promised through Indiegogo. If it is constructive and addresses my issues then happiness all around.
However if they ignore it or fob it off then my gripe goes to Indiegogo directly and then we see what happens.
Either way I have been and am in simming for the long term. This is not about $300. I have a vision of how things should work in the future of sims and I am a firm believer of payware mods concept.
URD for example have excellent products worth every penny - and I wantmore like them on the scene.
Therefore it is vital that what is promised by developers is delivered so credibility of payware/ crowd funding sim projects are established and encourage investors to back these projects with confidence in the future.
Sagas such as this SuperV8 hoohaa do little to encourage investment in simming.

@Peevee88
i just have one thing to say you should have your facts straight before involving Reiza as it was clear from the start that they wasn't working with the simracingoz group and that they would only bring one car to the game.
@Yves Larose Alas you are wrong it was not clear to me at the time and I amsure many others. No where on the Indiegogo page does it indicate that this was a joint venture. I have no evidence of what you are saying.

Patrick it does not seem logical to me. Everywhere at the time the buzz was about GSCE getting SuperV8 series (not just one car from the series) even SimPit thought so and I will find more links to prove that the expectation by many people was the full series.
I honestly believe that the $100k would not have been attained if SuperV8 was not the headline act which it is in the Indiegogo page - far less I would guess.
So I still want the SuperV8 series we were promised
Well I follow Reiza since the beginning and doing a full serie is a very complicated and long task. On my side I never imagined It would be the full serie because I know It is a very long task to do that and time is too short for that. Except the v8 Brasil with 2 cars, all cars a single chassis. You cant add marcas as an exemple because It was an external project detached from GSC and added In It later.
Anyway, I am sorry you thought that :( I dont want to speak for reiza but I doubt They could release so many cars In the Time left on GSC... (And I still beleive They never planned it)

Not sure why Peevee88 is so bent.....Kinda sounds like he had a bad day. :coffee:
For me, Reiza has always delivered and I've been completely happy with my investment. I don't think anyone could ask for a better team in our community.
Every email I've sent asking questions has always been answered fast and with a very helpful attitude...Fabio ;) So personally I don't know why anyone would be disgruntled.
I love what they've done so far and look forward to the future!! :thumbsup:

Not sure why Peevee88 is so bent.....Kinda sounds like he had a bad day. :coffee:
For me, Reiza has always delivered and I've been completely happy with my investment. I don't think anyone could ask for a better team in our community.
Every email I've sent asking questions has always been answered fast and with a very helpful attitude...Fabio ;) So personally I don't know why anyone would be disgruntled.
I love what they've done so far and look forward to the future!!
LOL its morning in Dubai and maybe that's why I am feisty.
I like you am a huge Reiza fan and supporter. That's why this has come as a surprise to me. I just need some answers from them - of course the fanboys will always pop up no matter what - but I laugh at them and of course ignore them.

My impression of the SuperV8 when it was announced was that it would be like all other Reiza addition (barring the Marcas stuff) in that it would be a single car like the FV12 or the Extreme or the Reiza or the Metalmoro or the SuperKart and so on.

I saw nothing that alluded to a full series. In fact I see nothing in their history of releases that suggests they're in the habit of reproducing entire series barring their title series which is really just 1 car with two external models.

And there is no evidence of what you are saying. You made assumptions. Your assumptions turned out to be wrong. Never treat your assumptions as fact.
No doubt you are correct on the assumption thing. However you are totally wrong when you say there is no evidence that led myself and others to believe it would be the full series.

So I say take your own valuable advice: Never treat your assumptions as fact

I clearly was not the only deluded one as here you will find multiple references to GSCE Super V8 Series:

For sure there are many more 'assumers' or 'ass-umers' in forums and comments etc.
Interestingly none of the above mentioned (in comments etc) have a Reiza official (or fanboy;-) disputed/corrected the report of a SuperV8 series to be released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back