Ovals?

I had to give the ovals a shot as I would like to run Indy at the ovals. Well I think I do for now anyway...lol... That may change when I actually get to it...hehe

So I am in the C license trucks now and it's pretty fun, and pretty intense. I don't really understand how it all works yet with the rules and all that kind of thing. Such as there is a wreck and we are all slowed down under yellow. Then all of the sudden I'm being told to let the cars that crashed by me? What is up with that???? I guess I need to find some Nascar rule books online or something since I have never really followed it much at all.

Does anyone else run the Nascar stuff here? I'll have to admit that the trucks are more fun than I thought they would be but my problem is with all this turning left only is that by midpoint in the race I'm leaned over so far to the left that I almost fall out of my chair...hahahaha

OK my next question is about setups. On the road side I have noticed that 18 out of 20 people will give to try to give a setup for people to use. On the Oval side it's as if they are uber topsecret classified and they will have to kill you if you see it. I don't understand that at all.. This isn't real and they aren't going to make a million dollars with it nor are the guys as Nascar going to see a kid in a game and put him in the real thing and turn him lose on a track. It's pixels on a screen people...lol... I understand you can win a bit a cash or prizes but just because you can run the setup very fast doesn't mean that someone new such as myself is going to compete with you. I have met a few guys that were helping someone and I asked a question. They were johny on the spot with the help and setup but that number is about 2 out of 20 compaired to the road side of things. I have also seen a few people go crazy on people too for little mistakes. I find that soooo funny that people get so upset over something that doesn't mean anything. It's really not funny as they sound as if they are about to seriously have a heart attack or something.

I too would be interested in trying some RD oval racing.

I have only dabbled to far but have managed to get up to a C licence. Oddly the oval races that I have run I have done quite well in - I think our road skills transfer well to the oval side.

I have the Late Model, SK Modified & Tour Modified and the Silverado Truck. I'm considering pressing the button on The Class B and Class A Car plus Daytone, Indy and Homestead (which are all used in various road series too) plus the Lotus 79 (making the 6 items - I still have iRacing credits from the last promotion).

I like the feel of the SK Modified which I find very easy to drive - the Late Model is a little more difficult but with the right setup can be tamed. At the moment I'm struggling to get the hang of the truck - it just wants to spin. It's at Richmond this week which is a great track - so plan to get a bit more practice in and maybe do a race.

If I'm going to get Daytona and Class A car I might as well have a look at the Daytona 500 - but 3 hours - phew - in a car I haven't really practised. If I'm going to buy it I better do it soon to get up to speed rather than leaving it until the last minute to find I can't drive it !

That said I've got enough on my plate with the Skippy at Spa this week plus MX5 at the weekend :D

So count me in for some RD oval events to build up my experience.

Cheers

Guys, just one addition. I ran Carburettor Cup last night on the iRacing fixed setup. 47.160 in a multi car chain. Don't know how it would be on a long run tho'. I guess that a few small tweaks would do it.

I was pleased with that as it was the 2n'd fastest lap of the race. Only beaten by a 47.133 from a 4000 irating driver.

I too ran a CC race last night. I was fighting a guy for 1st and would have had him I think without too much of a fight. 2 laps left in the race and a guy pulled out of the pits right on to the track and got us both. The 3rd place car won...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back