Ovals?

I had to give the ovals a shot as I would like to run Indy at the ovals. Well I think I do for now anyway...lol... That may change when I actually get to it...hehe

So I am in the C license trucks now and it's pretty fun, and pretty intense. I don't really understand how it all works yet with the rules and all that kind of thing. Such as there is a wreck and we are all slowed down under yellow. Then all of the sudden I'm being told to let the cars that crashed by me? What is up with that???? I guess I need to find some Nascar rule books online or something since I have never really followed it much at all.

Does anyone else run the Nascar stuff here? I'll have to admit that the trucks are more fun than I thought they would be but my problem is with all this turning left only is that by midpoint in the race I'm leaned over so far to the left that I almost fall out of my chair...hahahaha

OK my next question is about setups. On the road side I have noticed that 18 out of 20 people will give to try to give a setup for people to use. On the Oval side it's as if they are uber topsecret classified and they will have to kill you if you see it. I don't understand that at all.. This isn't real and they aren't going to make a million dollars with it nor are the guys as Nascar going to see a kid in a game and put him in the real thing and turn him lose on a track. It's pixels on a screen people...lol... I understand you can win a bit a cash or prizes but just because you can run the setup very fast doesn't mean that someone new such as myself is going to compete with you. I have met a few guys that were helping someone and I asked a question. They were johny on the spot with the help and setup but that number is about 2 out of 20 compaired to the road side of things. I have also seen a few people go crazy on people too for little mistakes. I find that soooo funny that people get so upset over something that doesn't mean anything. It's really not funny as they sound as if they are about to seriously have a heart attack or something.

I too would be interested in trying some RD oval racing.

I have only dabbled to far but have managed to get up to a C licence. Oddly the oval races that I have run I have done quite well in - I think our road skills transfer well to the oval side.

I have the Late Model, SK Modified & Tour Modified and the Silverado Truck. I'm considering pressing the button on The Class B and Class A Car plus Daytone, Indy and Homestead (which are all used in various road series too) plus the Lotus 79 (making the 6 items - I still have iRacing credits from the last promotion).

I like the feel of the SK Modified which I find very easy to drive - the Late Model is a little more difficult but with the right setup can be tamed. At the moment I'm struggling to get the hang of the truck - it just wants to spin. It's at Richmond this week which is a great track - so plan to get a bit more practice in and maybe do a race.

If I'm going to get Daytona and Class A car I might as well have a look at the Daytona 500 - but 3 hours - phew - in a car I haven't really practised. If I'm going to buy it I better do it soon to get up to speed rather than leaving it until the last minute to find I can't drive it !

That said I've got enough on my plate with the Skippy at Spa this week plus MX5 at the weekend :D

So count me in for some RD oval events to build up my experience.

Cheers

Guys, just one addition. I ran Carburettor Cup last night on the iRacing fixed setup. 47.160 in a multi car chain. Don't know how it would be on a long run tho'. I guess that a few small tweaks would do it.

I was pleased with that as it was the 2n'd fastest lap of the race. Only beaten by a 47.133 from a 4000 irating driver.

I too ran a CC race last night. I was fighting a guy for 1st and would have had him I think without too much of a fight. 2 laps left in the race and a guy pulled out of the pits right on to the track and got us both. The 3rd place car won...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%