Other Motorsports (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra personnel is a bit much but would actually be good. Car companies sponsor the safety cars, a simple rule change would just make them beef them up to be better equipped to handle the responsibilities plus few cameras don't cost that much. For WTCC they use the same safety car everywhere right? So on S2000 series car fitted with right equipment. In F1 it's been so far good, on some rainy races the merc has slided a lot plus we don't know how hard Berndt has to drive that thing, he might've have the throttle to the floor quite a lot... But it seems like the adspace is more important than safety.

I voted for Loeb. Its comparing apples to oranges really as both have impressed massively in their own respective fields.

Purely based on domination, winning races and world championships nothing beats Loeb imo.

20120913124532.png

:D

Well, it seems planning permission was granted to radically alter Graham Hill Bend and it's approach.

http://pa.sevenoaks.gov.uk/online-a...s.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=LTCRIABK8V000

Personally, I'm sitting on the fence - if they keep the contours i.e running back uphill into a slightly cambered hairpin it could be a good addition, but the rest of me thinks "if it ain't broke..." either way the thing that made driving the Indy circuit great - flowing from corner to corner, seems like it may get lost:(

What do you think?

Say, you were an esteemed racing driver, like a DTM champion, Indy 500 winner, F1 champion, WRC champion, whatever, and you raced against the driver you grew up admiring.

If you raced against him, and you were leading barely, would you crossed the finish line first, or would you slow down and let him pass you.

If I was racing against Mika Hakkinen, I would let him pass me and I would say to him, "I let you win because I admired you growing up."

I ask this question because I got this scenario from a Bollywood movie called Baazigar (starring famed Indian actor Shahrukh Khan):

I don't like Shahrukh Khan, but, I like the movie.

I would never ever ever let anyone pass, I was once asked to let a guy pass but I couldn't resist winning. There's no point in making the effort to get first place if you're gonna give it away, anyway, I don't think I'll be battling the WRC championship with Loeb anytime soon LOL

William is quite right - racing, real racing that is, is about winning. And doing it fairly. What point would there be in letting anyone pass you just because they're childhood heroes or people you admire?

There is a human element to what you exposed above, I see that.

But transport this to any other sport and the issue becomes even more...abhorring.

The tennis player who refuses to serve the match point ball because in front of him/her there is someone who he/she admires...

The defender who doesn't take the ball off the feet of the centre forward because he admired that player when growing up.

Or the newcomer linebacker who doesn't sack superstar Tom Brady because...hey that's Tom Brady.

The essence of the sport is competition, no? Winning or losing, right?

Unless forced by blue flags (part of the game), I'd never let the guy behind me pass. :)

Would never do that, If i was racing against one of my favorite drivers i would give it my best and then some.

If i beat him i´ll say i´m younger and that he would definitely have whooped me 10-15 years ago.
Then go get a beer and talk about his career in extraordinary detail.

Hi,

First off I just want to say I looked around the forums and this seemed the best place to post. If its more suited else where feel free to move the topic.

I've always loves racing I grew up watching f1 every Sunday with my old man. I've always wanted a bash at it but just never got around to it.

The mrs bought me an experience drive in a Lamborghini that I done this weekend just gone. (link below)

Once I had finished the drive my mid was made up. I'm going to buy a VERY cheap second car to take on track days. Then after a while once I'm comfortable in the car an in track conditions I'm hopefully going to start work on the national B licence.

I just wanted to ask people's opinions on what would be a good base car to start with? I'm only willing to spend a couple of hundred on the first one ideally £300 max.

Any suggestions welcome.

Lambo video. Go easy it was my first time driving in this way lol 95% of all my
Driving is behind the wheel of a lorry limited to 54mph. So you
Can imagine this was sooooooo different :) :)

Thanks in advance

Woah that was slightly different then i first thought before seeing the aerial shot.

Not sure what the purpose for it is but i think it won´t be that bad.
The exit of it seems pretty nice, load up the right side then quickly the left side of the car can be nice.

I think it can present more clear overtaking into the the hairpin, i know in iRacing it is possible to stick it on the inside on the original layout so maybe that is the goal of it.

Looks a little bit out of character for Brands but i wasn´t much of a fan for that corner anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes